NYC is considering removing statues of Washington and Columbus

Dumb on both sides. You don't want dumb, change the electoral system. Don't change the electoral system, get dumb. Your choice.
The federal electoral system put crazy democrats into office on the NY City Council?

Thats news

I learned that a long time ago. I also learned that free speech does not mean an entitlement to be heard or accepted.
Whoever said it did? Weren't you the one suggesting there were no other valid opinions of Washington? That views on Washington are settled? Stop projecting you Simp.

What's the difference?

One captured slaves, one used slaves.

And slavery has been acceptable human practice until just recently, going back to antiquity.

Assigning our morals to past events is just as dumb as saying we can use past morals currently, i.e. taking a horde of huns and raping and pillaging across the plains, because back then, that's what was done.

One captured slaves, one used slaves.
The word slaver works for both.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/slaver

Slaver:

1. A dealer in or an owner of slaves

Sorry if it hurts your feelings Soy.
And slavery has been acceptable human practice until just recently, going back to antiquity.
I don't care that pervious mutants engaged in slavery any more than I care that they used to rape and pillage. It doesn't mean I have to venerate any of it.
Assigning our morals to past events is just as dumb as saying we can use past morals currently, i.e. taking a horde of huns and raping and pillaging across the plains, because back then, that's what was done.
Why is it dumb? Are you unable to judge people who committed atrocities yesterday? A decade ago? How far do we have to go back before you think judgement is off limits? And if judging people back then is dumb and unacceptable than how can you judge King George a tyrant and the Founders heroes? No. What's obvious is that you're fine judging King George but a real sensitive bitch when people judge your heroes. Too bad. Learn to cope.
Considering he didn't go to Africa at any point, he couldn't be a slaver.
Wrong you moron. Slaver works just fine as a noun. As does tyrant.

The word slaver works for both.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/slaver

Slaver:

1. A dealer in or an owner of slaves

Sorry if it hurts your feelings Soy.

I don't care that pervious mutants engaged in slavery any more than I care that they used to rape and pillage. It doesn't mean I have to venerate any of it.

Why is it dumb? Are you unable to judge people who committed atrocities yesterday? A decade ago? How far do we have to go back before you think judgement is off limits? And if judging people back then is dumb and unacceptable than how can you judge King George a tyrant and the Founders heroes? No. What's obvious is that you're fine judging King George but a real sensitive bitch when people judge your heroes. Too bad. Learn to cope.

Wrong you moron. Slaver works just fine as a noun. As does tyrant.

Lazy definition. Slavers caught slaves, slave traders traded slaves, slave owners owned slaves.

It doesn't mean they were evil, they were just person's of their time period.

Hitler was evil because wiping out a whole race for ha ha's was defined as evil well before he did it. Same thing with Pol Pot trying to wipe out his OWN people.

I can judge the founder's heroes because they won, and my ancestors came over here in the late 1800's and early 1900's BECAUSE they won.

I also don't care if the British have Statues of him.

Lazy definition. Slavers caught slaves, slave traders traded slaves, slave owners owned slaves.
You feel free to cry about whatever definitions you want. They are factual. It's a fact that Washington was a slaver and a tyrant.
It doesn't mean they were evil, they were just person's of their time period.
That's stupid. Morality isn't a property of time, they are subjective to people. My moral values have no expiration dates. You can speak for your own.
Hitler was evil because wiping out a whole race for ha ha's was defined as evil well before he did it. Same thing with Pol Pot trying to wipe out his OWN people.
Slavers and tyrants are also evil by most value systems. Sensitive whites have simply made exceptions for their favorite tyrants because no one had the power to challenge them on that bit of hypocrisy until now.
I can judge the founder's heroes because they won, and my ancestors came over here in the late 1800's and early 1900's BECAUSE they won.
And I can judge them to be deplorable mutants because they bought, sold, and abused slaves for their own profit.
I also don't care if the British have Statues of him.
I know you don't care that you hero worship slavers but I'm guessing I can shame a majority of Americans into caring just as we did with Confederates.

The positives are that maybe one day little black children won't grow up in a bigoted society that venerates people who used to own and treat their ancestors like property.
You love the word “venerates”. In your world we d only have statues of dogs. How about you leave this country since you hate it so much. And since you hate the color of your own skin so much.

You feel free to cry about whatever definitions you want. They are factual. It's a fact that Washington was a slaver and a tyrant.

That's stupid. Morality isn't a property of time, they are subjective to people. My moral values have no expiration dates. You can speak for your own.

Slavers and tyrants are also evil by most value systems. Sensitive whites have simply made exceptions for their favorite tyrants because no one had the power to challenge them on that bit of hypocrisy until now.

And I can judge them to be deplorable mutants because they bought, sold, and abused slaves for their own profit.

I know you don't care that you hero worship slavers but I'm guessing I can shame a majority of Americans into caring just as we did with Confederates.
Yet you want to live in a country where Washington is on the $1. You’re such a hypocrite. You should leave this country and never come back. 🤷‍♂️

Now he's a tyrant? LOL

Yes it is. How would you feel if we started imposing Victorian morals now?

Slavery was part of the class structure in Antiquity and later.

You have no right or gravitas to judge people in the past.

That was the slippery slope that started all this shit, by whiny little bitches like you afraid of statues.

The best one was the idiots who defaced the 54th Mass Regiment Memorial, you know the one with Negro Union Soldiers?

No matter how fucking stupid and deranged we think New Yorkers are all we have to do is wait and they will out do themselves with stupidity.

Washington, really? The Founding Father of our country? These Libtards in New York are absolutely full of Moon Bat hate and are mentally disturbed.

Must be the stupid low IQ hate filled Negroes that are running the city to come up with this shit.

No matter how fucking stupid and deranged we think New Yorkers are all we have to do is wait and they will out do themselves with stupidity.

Washington, really? The Founding Father of our country? These Libtards in New York are absolutely full of Moon Bat hate and are mentally disturbed.

Must be the stupid low IQ hate filled Negroes that are running the city to come up with this shit.
But we need to ask ourselves, why are these initiatives even gaining traction. Votes. Everything that can become political and divisive, they will do so. The power the left has in big cities is growing, the left know it. If they can emotionally manipulate the emotionally weak to believe and vote for something, no matter how illogical, the left will make it a political voting machine.

You calling me a terrorist while advocating the veneration of a slaver is the height of white snowflake behavior. 😄 Get a grip.
There are people who are white immigrants from many ethnic backgrounds that never saw anything get better for them until the 1950's. To be fair I will say for African Americans 20 year later when it improved and got fair. Only the government with its social programs was a seduction for social payouts. There was none for the white ethnics. Now we are moving towards a reckoning. And it will occur when the money is reduced for all people collecting.

Whoever said it did? Weren't you the one suggesting there were no other valid opinions of Washington? That views on Washington are settled? Stop projecting you Simp.
I never said there could not be other opinions of George Washington.

Forum List

Back