Obama Achievement That Should Have Been Enacted After 9-11 by Bush

These insecure little guys have to drive fast, powerful vehicles.
Y'ever try towing even a medium-sized a boat with a Mini Cooper?

idjit

it is selfish for you to put your boat ahead of the better good for all of mankind.

I'd love to see somebody tow a bicycle with one of theose Smart Cars. Everytime I see one, I have to check out who's driving.

God bless my 1994 full-size Bronco... all 4x4 and 10mpg of it!

Piffle. Not to mention faulty logic. Actually, it's a LACK of logic. That's your forté, alright.

Cafe Standards don't kill. Car accidents kill. That includes things like:

bad drivers
drunk drivers
tired drivers
not wearing seat belts and/or shoulder harnesses
driving too fast for conditions
tailgaiting
distracted driving (as in texting, or talking on a cell phone, or smoking, etc)

A completely remarkable example of your inability to handle ANY valid logic.

Listen up you imbecile.

Accidents happen.

GIVEN that accidents happen, it would be kind of "nice" to make our vehicles more survivable, you douche bag.

CAFE standards are the antithesis of that.

Get your head from out of your colon, shithead.

CAFE "standards" are responsible for lots of perfectly avoidable deaths and lots of perfectly avoidable serious physical injuries.

Get RID of all CAFE standards.

Save lives.

or make cafe standards coincide with a safety standard
Or just force everyone to drive around in golf carts that can't crack 20 MPH. :cuckoo:

Listen up you imbecile.

Accidents happen.

GIVEN that accidents happen, it would be kind of "nice" to make our vehicles more survivable, you douche bag.

CAFE "standards" are responsible for lots of perfectly avoidable deaths and lots of perfectly avoidable serious physical injuries.

Save lives.

Or just force everyone to drive around in golf carts that can't crack 20 MPH. :cuckoo:

Lol!!!!!

No shit.... :lol:

Listen up you imbecile.

Accidents happen.

Save lives.

so you dont think your free market demand for a gigantic car will cause any type of free market innovation? one won't be created out of demand? entrepreneurs won't seek to appease you, and begin research?

yeah...

and then there are some of us that enjoy the comfort of a larger car and not as wrapped up in fuel efficiency.

Too many people put themselves ahead of what is good for the country and the world. Many of these people call themselves patriots.

really?

So why dont you stop heating your home and instead use wood burning stoves.

Stop flying and use steam powered trains.

Heck...stop driving cars and use hore and buggy.

Huh? What? Why should you? What? The house wont get AS WARM?
It will take a lot longer to travel by steam train so why should you do that?

Who gave you the divine power to determine where the cutoff is as it pertains to what someone should give up?

I use solar power and drive a fuel efficient hybrid, this is a start.

Your reply was rather childish.

so you dont think your free market demand for a gigantic car will cause any type of free market innovation? one won't be created out of demand? entrepreneurs won't seek to appease you, and begin research?

Innovation won't do the trick if the vehicles themselves are outlawed.

CAFE standards are about 180 degrees out-of-phase with "free markets". It's kinda hard to make a 5,000 lb car get 82 mpg.

Geeze Louise.

"the vehicles themselves are outlawed"

The vehicles won't be, their MPG will need to change. That's my point. Are you guys saying you want to keep the big, fast cars, or what? If-so, why in your estimation won't entrepreneurs begin researching howe to make bif, fast, fuel efficient cars?

Or is poor fuel efficiency your true demand? How's that work?

or just force everyone to drive around in golf carts that can't crack 20 mph. :cuckoo:

so you dont think your free market demand for a gigantic car will cause any type of free market innovation? One won't be created out of demand? Entrepreneurs won't seek to appease you, and begin research?

cafe standards are about 180 degrees out-of-phase with "free markets". It's kinda hard to make a 5,000 lb car get 82 mpg.

Geeze louise.

82?

Too many people put themselves ahead of what is good for the country and the world. Many of these people call themselves patriots.

Whether you want to admit it or not NoNukes...this post is one of the most selfish posts I have seen.

And the irony...you are preaching about selfishness.

So I am selfish if I dont sacrifice to the point that YOU deem is the point where people should sacrifice....but if someone said to you that YOU SHOULD DO for the better good of mankind and no longer use combustible engines...well...to you THAT is TOO much of a sacrifice....

You, sir, are quite selfish. You want it YOUR way and no other.

I guarantee you.. NoNukes is a generous EIC recipient.

:lol:

There was nothing selfish in what I said, you are just being childish. Tantrum time?

The vehicles won't be, their MPG will need to change. That's my point. Are you guys saying you want to keep the big, fast cars, or what? If-so, why in your estimation won't entrepreneurs begin researching howe to make bif, fast, fuel efficient cars?

Your faith in science and innovation is, for the most part, commendable even if it makes assumptions about our technical and manufacturing abilities that outstrip reality.

But as long as the "requirements" are being imposed , without regard to present day technological ability, by bureaucrats who are deficient in the understandings of science, then the practical effect remains the outlawing of automobiles of the size and with the safety factors we deserve to have.

Whether you want to admit it or not NoNukes...this post is one of the most selfish posts I have seen.

So I am selfish if I dont sacrifice to the point that YOU deem is the point where people should sacrifice....but if someone said to you that YOU SHOULD DO for the better good of mankind and no longer use combustible engines...well...to you THAT is TOO much of a sacrifice....

There was nothing selfish in what I said, you are just being childish. Tantrum time?

Hey, you're the one with all the bold letters... I was just poking fun. I guess I hit a nerve?

Your faith in science and innovation is, for the most part, commendable even if it makes assumptions about our technical and manufacturing abilities that outstrip reality.

But as long as the "requirements" are being imposed , without regard to present day technological ability, by bureaucrats who are deficient in the understandings of science, then the practical effect remains the outlawing of automobiles of the size and with the safety factors we deserve to have.

I think that, before you talk about what Politicians don't know about what's possible in the auto-industry............you should study up on it yourself. Just saying. give it a shot.

You mean to tell me, that we can teleport light particles....that we have unmanned aircraft.........that we basically can wipe our ass with mach speed aircraft.............that we can't build a safe car that can go fast and simultaneously has great fuel efficiency?>

really?

Who gave you the divine power to determine where the cutoff is as it pertains to what someone should give up?

Actually, your original post was childish.
Solar power and a hybrid...good for you.
I know people that dont use a car and only bike as they feel THAT is doing their part.
Should they frown on you and claim you are selfish?

really?

Actually, your original post was childish.
Solar power and a hybrid...good for you.
I know people that dont use a car and only bike as they feel THAT is doing their part.
Should they frown on you and claim you are selfish?

Believe me.. it is all about telling you that he drives a Hybrid and uses solar. That's what is all about with libs... it's all about pretense and seeming to care more than you.

Insecure ninnies.

It's as selfish as you can get to impose what you find valuable upon everyone else.

Speaking of which, who the hell died and made you the final arbiter of what's "in the good of all mankind" anyways?

As a gentle REMINDER, CAFE "standards" KILL motorists.

CAFE Standards Should Be Repealed

Piffle. Not to mention faulty logic. Actually, it's a LACK of logic. That's your forté, alright.

Cafe Standards don't kill. Car accidents kill. That includes things like:

bad drivers
drunk drivers
tired drivers
not wearing seat belts and/or shoulder harnesses
driving too fast for conditions
tailgaiting
distracted driving (as in texting, or talking on a cell phone, or smoking, etc)

Listen up you imbecile.

Accidents happen.

Save lives.

Yer the imbecile.

Highway fatalities in number and as a percentage of the population have been dropping for years.

44,525 people were killed on the nation's roads in 1975 when the population was just shy of 216 million people.

33,808 people were killed on the nation's roads in 2009 when the population was almost 307 million people.

List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Demand from consumers is vastly different than compulsion from posturing dilettante politicians and bureaucrats, you fool.

Forum List

Back