Obama actually did lose Iraq, Graham explains the negotiations.

Frank is a reflexive liar and certainly not a conservative.

No true American conservative approved the invasion of Iraq.

Jake you're all over the place. We're talking about Obama handing Iraq to ISIS and AQ AFTER the peace was won
Frank, stay focused, please. No true American conservative approved of the first invasion and none supports the re-entry of troops to Iraq.

I support troops in Iraq and Syria

Speak for yourself like the true democrat you are

-Geaux

The retards have come out...Rabies and Frank...

Obama is a Democrat...you hate Democrats, I get it...

But he is not a traitor.

Neither one of you cowards will admit that you would keep our sons and daughters in Iraq without immunity. All you cowards care about is saving your skin...

You do know Obama started the fight back up in Iraq with out immunity?

It came latter ....

And what does immunity or what IRAQ fucking thinks anyways? What are they going to do resist the U.S. military?

ya dumb ass.

Iraq lost Iraq the instant they demanded that our military personal be stripped of their immunity and prosecuted by the Iraqi court system. That is a deal breaker.

What I don't understand is why Dems need to lie so badly and openly. You should come out and say, "So what if Obama turned Iraq over to ISIS, we still love him!"

Agreed, I oppose the war, but that doesn't justify the endless Democrat lies about it.

It's the problem they have, they were for it until they were against it, then they didn't follow through. The best course is to stay out of problems that aren't ours. But if you're going to do it, you have to do it and follow through. The waffling political path of the Democrats is the worst of all worlds

Iraq lost Iraq the instant they demanded that our military personal be stripped of their immunity and prosecuted by the Iraqi court system. That is a deal breaker.

Liar, it just expired and Obama didn't even request it to be extended. You're full of shit

Senator Lindsey Graham explains how Obama lost Iraq by refusing to keep troops in Iraq. The myth that it was Bush's fault is exactly that, a myth. graham and McCain were part of the group sent over to negotiate the status of forces agreement and he explained how it went with Hugh Hewitt, Lawyer, law professor, author and radio host....

Who Lost Iraq Power Line

Lindsey Graham: I think it was our fault. The president got the answer he wanted when it comes to troop levels. He wanted zero. He got zero. He promised to end the War in Iraq. He actually lost the War in Iraq.

But this is something that most people don’t know. I want to make sure you understand. Secretary Clinton called me to go over to Iraq to talk to all the parties to see if we can find a way to achieve a residual force to be left behind. I went with Senator McCain and Senator Lieberman. We met with Mr. Allawi who’s is the Aratia party leader, the former prime minister. He is a Shia, but it was a Sunni coalition. We flew up to meet with President Barzani – not president – but Barzani, the head of the Kurds. … Then we met with Maliki.

So we had Ambassador Jeffrey – U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and Gen. Austin, the commander of Iraq forces at the time in the meeting with me, Maliki, and McCain. I asked Prime Minister Maliki, “Would you accept troops?” He says, “If other will, I will.” Then he turned to me and said, “How many troops are you talking about?” I turned to Gen. Austin and then Ambassador Jeffrey – “What’s the answer to the prime minister’s question?” Gen. Dreyfuss says, “We’re still working on the number.” The number went from 18,000 recommended by Austin down to 3,000 coming out of the White House.

General Dempsey answered Senator McCain’s question and my question as to how the numbers went down – “What is because the Iraqis suggest too many?” He said, “No, the cascading numbers came from the White House.” I was there. They were all ready to accept a residual force. But when you get below 3,000, it was a joke. And we got the answer we wanted. I was on the ground. I asked the question. I heard the answer from Gen. Austin – the White House hasn’t made up their mind, yet.
Only tards would believe something so moronic.

Senator Lindsey Graham explains how Obama lost Iraq by refusing to keep troops in Iraq. The myth that it was Bush's fault is exactly that, a myth. graham and McCain were part of the group sent over to negotiate the status of forces agreement and he explained how it went with Hugh Hewitt, Lawyer, law professor, author and radio host....

Who Lost Iraq Power Line

Lindsey Graham: I think it was our fault. The president got the answer he wanted when it comes to troop levels. He wanted zero. He got zero. He promised to end the War in Iraq. He actually lost the War in Iraq.

But this is something that most people don’t know. I want to make sure you understand. Secretary Clinton called me to go over to Iraq to talk to all the parties to see if we can find a way to achieve a residual force to be left behind. I went with Senator McCain and Senator Lieberman. We met with Mr. Allawi who’s is the Aratia party leader, the former prime minister. He is a Shia, but it was a Sunni coalition. We flew up to meet with President Barzani – not president – but Barzani, the head of the Kurds. … Then we met with Maliki.

So we had Ambassador Jeffrey – U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and Gen. Austin, the commander of Iraq forces at the time in the meeting with me, Maliki, and McCain. I asked Prime Minister Maliki, “Would you accept troops?” He says, “If other will, I will.” Then he turned to me and said, “How many troops are you talking about?” I turned to Gen. Austin and then Ambassador Jeffrey – “What’s the answer to the prime minister’s question?” Gen. Dreyfuss says, “We’re still working on the number.” The number went from 18,000 recommended by Austin down to 3,000 coming out of the White House.

General Dempsey answered Senator McCain’s question and my question as to how the numbers went down – “What is because the Iraqis suggest too many?” He said, “No, the cascading numbers came from the White House.” I was there. They were all ready to accept a residual force. But when you get below 3,000, it was a joke. And we got the answer we wanted. I was on the ground. I asked the question. I heard the answer from Gen. Austin – the White House hasn’t made up their mind, yet.
Only tards would believe something so moronic.

Yes, intelligent people blindly believe Democrats like you do. Smart ...

Very good job by our troops

Keep up the good work

Those images erased all the sympathy and support we had gotten around the world after 9/11.

You can't argue the moral superiority of your cause when you act in a way just as barbaric as the people you are fighting.

The Iraq War was lost at Abu Grahib.

What I don't understand is why Dems need to lie so badly and openly. You should come out and say, "So what if Obama turned Iraq over to ISIS, we still love him!"

no, we say, "So what if the Iraqis have a civil war amongst themselves that was going on before Obama got there."

Or do you think the Iraqis just loved each other before Obama got elected?

Liar, it just expired and Obama didn't even request it to be extended. You're full of shit

The government of Iraq didn't want us there any longer and they wanted to strip our service members of immunity. The latter is a non-starter. They made their bed.

Throughout the discussions, Iraqi leaders have adamantly refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, and the Americans have refused to stay without it. Iraq's leadership has been split on whether it wanted American forces to stay.

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has told U.S. military officials that he does not have the votes in parliament to provide immunity to the American trainers, the U.S. military official said.

U.S. Said to Have Abandoned Plans to Keep Troops in Iraq Next Year | Fox News

Officials had been discussing with Iraqi leaders the possibility of several thousand U.S. troops staying beyond 2011 to train Iraqi security forces. However, Iraqi leaders had refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution, something that was seen as a deal-breaker.

Obama Announces Complete Withdrawal of U.S. Forces From Iraq by End of 2011 | Fox News

"We have serious security problems in this country and serious political problems," he said in an interview late last month at his heavily guarded compound in Baghdad. "Keeping Americans in Iraq longer isn't the answer to the problems of Iraq. It may be an answer to the problems of the U.S., but it's definitely not the solution to the problems of my country."
Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/w...expected-troops-would-have-to-leave.html?_r=0

Maliki himself said in a recent Reuters interview that U.S. troops could only remain in Iraq if they had no immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, an absolute non-starter with the Pentagon.

U.S. Troops Are Leaving Because Iraq Doesn't Want Them There

Al-Maliki declared a public holiday and proclaimed June 30 as "National Sovereignty Day."

Fireworks over Baghdad as U.S. troops leave

The government of Iraq didn't want us there any longer and they wanted to strip our service members of immunity. The latter is a non-starter. They made their bed.

Throughout the discussions, Iraqi leaders have adamantly refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, and the Americans have refused to stay without it. Iraq's leadership has been split on whether it wanted American forces to stay.

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has told U.S. military officials that he does not have the votes in parliament to provide immunity to the American trainers, the U.S. military official said.

Officials had been discussing with Iraqi leaders the possibility of several thousand U.S. troops staying beyond 2011 to train Iraqi security forces. However, Iraqi leaders had refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution, something that was seen as a deal-breaker.

Obama Announces Complete Withdrawal of U.S. Forces From Iraq by End of 2011 | Fox News

"We have serious security problems in this country and serious political problems," he said in an interview late last month at his heavily guarded compound in Baghdad. "Keeping Americans in Iraq longer isn't the answer to the problems of Iraq. It may be an answer to the problems of the U.S., but it's definitely not the solution to the problems of my country."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/w...expected-troops-would-have-to-leave.html?_r=0

Maliki himself said in a recent Reuters interview that U.S. troops could only remain in Iraq if they had no immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, an absolute non-starter with the Pentagon.

Al-Maliki declared a public holiday and proclaimed June 30 as "National Sovereignty Day."

Wow, so you just figured out that Middle East governments engage in politics? You're a frigging genius, well done.

So why are our troops still there since Iraq refused to give them immunity?

It is not as if the U.S. ever really 'held' Iraq. The illegal invasion wasn't even a declared war; the cowards in Congress didn't have the integrity to do it. The entire adventure was doomed to be nothing but loss. All responsible, all who initiated and voted for it, were either fools or traitors, ignorant of history and international repercussions. We are paying the price, and will continue to, as was the plan of those behind it.
Of course Obama mishandled it. He isn't particularly a genius, and even a genius would have been hard put to redeem the situation. There was no good way forward from the time the Bush League started this mess.

Wow, you just figured out that Middle East governments engage in politics? You're a frigging genius. Your parents must be so proud.

So why are our

Wow, so you just figured out that Middle East governments engage in politics? You're a frigging genius, well done.

Adorable. Look at crybaby trying to save face. Too funny.

Frank is a reflexive liar and certainly not a conservative.

No true American conservative approved the invasion of Iraq.

Jake you're all over the place. We're talking about Obama handing Iraq to ISIS and AQ AFTER the peace was won
Frank, stay focused, please. No true American conservative approved of the first invasion and none supports the re-entry of troops to Iraq.

I support troops in Iraq and Syria

Speak for yourself like the true democrat you are

-Geaux
No, you don't. Condemn both Bush and Obama for them being there, and then we can believe you.

It is not as if the U.S. ever really 'held' Iraq. The illegal invasion wasn't even a declared war; the cowards in Congress didn't have the integrity to do it. The entire adventure was doomed to be nothing but loss. All responsible, all who initiated and voted for it, were either fools or traitors, ignorant of history and international repercussions. We are paying the price, and will continue to, as was the plan of those behind it.
Of course Obama mishandled it. He isn't particularly a genius, and even a genius would have been hard put to redeem the situation. There was no good way forward from the time the Bush League started this mess.

I like how you write a reasonable piece then still at the end let Obama off the hook again anyway. It was both parties. They voted for it together, they ran it, funded it, there's no it was both but it was really Bush as your lame argument goes, it was both and the Senate and House, it was all of them. That ends with a period, not a but ...

Wow, you just figured out that Middle East governments engage in politics? You're a frigging genius. Your parents must be so proud.

So why are our

Adorable. Look at crybaby trying to save face. Too funny.

You said Iraq wouldn't extend immunity, then they extended it. You actually think that is a win for you, don't you?

And yes, technically that it turned out I was right and you were wrong does "save face." Though normally people don't phrase it that way

I like how you write a reasonable piece then still at the end let Obama off the hook again anyway. It was both parties. They voted for it together, they ran it, funded it, there's no it was both but it was really Bush as your lame argument goes, it was both and the Senate and House, it was all of them. That ends with a period, not a but ...
The cited post was inclusive enough; no one is let off any hook, the fashion in which the hook was set is merely clarified.
BUT, we are in general agreement.

Forum List

Back