Obama admin delays keystone pipeline decision again

I wonder how the long term unemployed who could use the good job the pipeline would create feel about this?

Hell, he doesn't want to create any good jobs does he?

Interestingly, he wasn't too worried about varying opinions when he forced Obamacare down our throats.

We've gone from a great nation to a luke-warm, mediocre nation in a few short years.

How about we make a deal?

Republicans approve to Jobs Bill and Obama approves Keystone. Win-win

Obama would sign the jobs bill and reneg on the pipeline. This is the way he rolls.:eusa_whistle:

I wonder how the long term unemployed who could use the good job the pipeline would create feel about this?

There are plenty of other infrastructure improvements we could do

Why do Republicans vote against them?

Hell, he doesn't want to create any good jobs does he?

Interestingly, he wasn't too worried about varying opinions when he forced Obamacare down our throats.

We've gone from a great nation to a luke-warm, mediocre nation in a few short years.

How about we make a deal?

Republicans approve to Jobs Bill and Obama approves Keystone. Win-win

Obama would sign the jobs bill and reneg on the pipeline. This is the way he rolls.:eusa_whistle:

Example?

The pipeline is infrastructure, wiseguy? Why do Democrats argue against it? It appears to me that you only care about jobs when they aren't involved with this pipeline. I've had liberals on this board telling me to "go get a job" but won't support a project that will actually put people to work. Quite the double standard if you ask me.

By the way, both Democrats and Republicans support this pipeline. For different reasons ultimately, but they both want that thing built nonetheless. The Senate voted last year 62-37 in a nonbinding resolution asking the President to approve it.

You liberals have already shot yourselves in one foot, now you just pulled the trigger on the other. You'll be on your knees come the election, you won't have a leg to stand on.

(Oh so many puns, but the truth is the truth!)

Last edited:

The pipeline is infrastructure, wiseguy? Why do Democrats argue against it? It appears to me that you only care about jobs when they aren't involved with this pipeline. I've had liberals on this board telling me to "go get a job" but won't support a project that will actually put people to work. Quite the double standard if you ask me.

Small job that mostly benefits Canada. We have huge jobs building new bridges, tunnels, roadways, communications and power grid infrastructure that would add hundreds of billions to the economy

Why do Republicans block those?

Obama got his stimulus passed which was supposed to create jobs and give us a Summer of recovery instead we got multiple jobless Summer's of recovery which is the answer to your question.

Obama got his stimulus passed which was supposed to create jobs and give us a Summer of recovery instead we got multiple jobless Summer's of recovery which is the answer to your question.

Exactly

The Republicans voted against 800 billion of infrastructure improvements and tax cuts yet whine like little bitches about Keystone?

We have trillions worth of infrastructure improvements that help AMERICA not Canada and yet Republicans block them

What is the difference? Oil

Small job that mostly benefits Canada. We have huge jobs building new bridges, tunnels, roadways, communications and power grid infrastructure that would add hundreds of billions to the economy

Uh, no. The State Department has complete jurisdiction over this pipeline, namely because most of it resides IN THE UNITED STATES. There are 42,000 jobs that could be created because of this, and there is $20 billion worth of economic activity at stake here. Why do you balk at a chance to put people to work or help our economy in such a way? Huh? Why is it this one thing you won't stand for? Seriously, you sound like a child at the dinner table refusing to eat his veggies, "I don't like it!" the child says, to whence the parents reply "You haven't tried it! How do you know you don't like it?"

Ha. Some progressive you are.

Last edited:
Really?

What deal did he make with Republicans on Obamacare? I gotta hear this one

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period."

-OR-

"This law will not add one dime to the deficit" (Yet the law costs over a trillion dollars).

That's it?

What did Republicans offer America on healthcare? Let them die?

Perhaps you should stop quoting Alan Grayson and do a little reading:

Comprehensive Republican health reform plans introduced in Congress

Let’s start with 5 comprehensive health reform proposals that have actually been introduced in Congress—some well before President Obama even was nominated for president, and all months before the House (11/7/09) or Senate (12/24/09) voted on what eventually became Obamacare.

Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act (S. 1783) introduced by Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY) July 12, 2007.

Every American Insured Health Act introduced by Senators Richard Burr (R-NC) and Bob Corker (R-TN) with co-sponsors Tom Coburn (R-OK), Mel Martinez (formerly R-FL) and Elizabeth Dole (formerly R-NC) on July 26, 2007.

Senators Bob Bennett (R-UT) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) introduced the Healthy Americans Act on January 18, 2007 and re-introduced the same bill on February 5, 2009.

Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 introduced by Senators Tom Coburn (R-OK) and Richard Burr (R-NC) and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Devin Nunes (R-CA) on May 20, 2009. [See Update #1 for why this bill was of particular significance]

H.R. 2300, Empowering Patients First Act introduced July 30, 2009 by Rep. Tom Price (R-GA).

Seriously? The Republicans Have No Health Plan? - Forbes

I think we should delay the Keystone Pipeline until a Republican is President

Should be 20-30 years

Uh, no. The State Department has complete jurisdiction over this pipeline, namely because most of it resides IN THE UNITED STATES. There are 42,000 jobs that could be created because of this, and there is $20 billion worth of economic activity at stake here. Why do you balk at a chance to put people to work or help our economy in such a way? Huh? Why is it this one thing you won't stand for? Seriously, you sound like a child at the dinner table refusing to eat his veggies, "I don't like it!" the child says, to whence the parents reply "You haven't tried it! How do you know you don't like it?"

Ha. Some progressive you are.

Total bullshit

All jobs would be temporary and nowhere close to 42,000. For a pipeline? Are you fucking crazy? It's laying pipe

In terms of infrastructure, a pipeline is small potatoes. Highways, bridges, tunnels......those are jobs

Republicans vote against those. The pipeline helps the oil companies and Republicans can't do enough

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period."

-OR-

"This law will not add one dime to the deficit" (Yet the law costs over a trillion dollars).

That's it?

What did Republicans offer America on healthcare? Let them die?

Perhaps you should stop quoting Alan Grayson and do a little reading:

Comprehensive Republican health reform plans introduced in Congress

Let’s start with 5 comprehensive health reform proposals that have actually been introduced in Congress—some well before President Obama even was nominated for president, and all months before the House (11/7/09) or Senate (12/24/09) voted on what eventually became Obamacare.

Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act (S. 1783) introduced by Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY) July 12, 2007.

Every American Insured Health Act introduced by Senators Richard Burr (R-NC) and Bob Corker (R-TN) with co-sponsors Tom Coburn (R-OK), Mel Martinez (formerly R-FL) and Elizabeth Dole (formerly R-NC) on July 26, 2007.

Senators Bob Bennett (R-UT) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) introduced the Healthy Americans Act on January 18, 2007 and re-introduced the same bill on February 5, 2009.

Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 introduced by Senators Tom Coburn (R-OK) and Richard Burr (R-NC) and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Devin Nunes (R-CA) on May 20, 2009. [See Update #1 for why this bill was of particular significance]

H.R. 2300, Empowering Patients First Act introduced July 30, 2009 by Rep. Tom Price (R-GA).

Seriously? The Republicans Have No Health Plan? - Forbes

None of those are comprehensive healthcare....NONE
Nowhere close to Obamacare

And they were introduced with a Republican President and allowed to die on the vine. If Republicans wanted healthcare they could have put their own plan in between 2001 and 2009

They didn't do shit

Forum List

Back