Obama admin to Boston Herald: You're not allowed access because of a story you wrote

Yea lets use Helen Thomas as an example. Good idea. Helen Thomas is a hateful racist old troll who just got booted by this same Administration. Yea but it was DA BOOOOOOOSH who booted her though. SHEESH! What a bunch of silly Butt-Sniffers.

But keeping it honest re the Helen Thomas thing, President Bush has NOTHING to do with her losing her front row seat in the White House press room:

Doesn't it really change the picture when we have the facts?

All that being said......this was a childish, pigheaded move by the admin.

???? Did you miss the point that the Administration does not choose the seating order? That it is the White House Correspondence Association that assigns the seating?

:eusa_eh: I was talking about what Obama did :eusa_eh:

What happend with thomas had similarities but thats not what i was talking about ;)

Last edited:
Yea lets use Helen Thomas as an example. Good idea. Helen Thomas is a hateful racist old troll who just got booted by this same Administration. Yea but it was DA BOOOOOOOSH who booted her though. SHEESH! What a bunch of silly Butt-Sniffers.

Yeah, it was BOOSH who refused to call on Helen for three years and stripped her of her role of closing out every presser. I know things that make BOOSH look bad bother the crap out of you and all but try to at least keep up on recent history, k?

What would you guys call what the Bush Admin did to Helen Thomas?

She was allowed to ask questions every presser and then she wasn't. She had a traditional role of ending every presser and that was taken away. All in response to her saying bad things about the President.

What is that? Hmmmm?

But since what they didn't doesn't fit to a T what the Obama admin did you guys are acting like it doesn't count as an example of an Admin taking away access to reporters. It's transparent and pathetic.

You guys are the ones splitting hairs here. An Administration taking action against reporters for not towing the line is either wrong or not.

I would call it petty and wrong. Unlike you, I think what Obama is doing is worse.

So it's good to know that Libo doesn't care when an Admin takes action against reporters he doesn't like.

She was allowed to ask questions every presser and then she wasn't. She had a traditional role of ending every presser and that was taken away. All in response to her saying bad things about the President.

What is that? Hmmmm?

But since what they didn't doesn't fit to a T what the Obama admin did you guys are acting like it doesn't count as an example of an Admin taking away access to reporters. It's transparent and pathetic.

You guys are the ones splitting hairs here. An Administration taking action against reporters for not towing the line is either wrong or not.

I would call it petty and wrong. Unlike you, I think what Obama is doing is worse.

And that's just fine.

Yeah, it was BOOSH who refused to call on Helen for three years and stripped her of her role of closing out every presser. I know things that make BOOSH look bad bother the crap out of you and all but try to at least keep up on recent history, k?

So what. Fuck Helen Thomas. Looks like DA BOOOOSH was right about her. She's a heinous little racist troll. And it wasn't DA BOOOOOOSH who booted her anyway. It was your guys who gave the troll the boot. But please go ahead and keep using Helen Thomas to defend what this Administration is doing to the Boston Herald. If that works for you. Go for it.

So it's good to know that Libo doesn't care when an Admin takes action against reporters he doesn't like.

he is busy in another thread, give him a minute.....i'll get his attention for you.

No worries. We all know that he will just make another "Helen Thomas is a racist" blah blah blah post ... he's a troll.

So what. Fuck Helen Thomas. Looks like DA BOOOOSH was right about her. She's a heinous little racist troll. And it wasn't DA BOOOOOOSH who booted her anyway. It was your guys who gave the troll the boot. But please go ahead and keep using Helen Thomas to defend what this Administration is doing to the Boston Herald. If that works for you. Go for it.

:rofl:

Man, I'm good.

So to recap, according to Libo:

Dem admin reprisal against reporters is bad.

GOP admin reprisal against reporters isn't.

All that being said......this was a childish, pigheaded move by the admin.

???? Did you miss the point that the Administration does not choose the seating order? That it is the White House Correspondence Association that assigns the seating?

What happend with thomas had similarities but thats not what i was talking about ;)

Not really the same thing at all. Not even similarities. Bush had nothing whatsoever to do with Thomas leaving UPI which is the real reason, even she admits, that she lost her front row seat as she no longer represented a news organization. Even after publicly calling President Bush the worst president in the history of the world or something to that effect, she still got to ask plenty of questions at routine briefings. President Bush didn't give all that many press conferences and a lot of people didn't get to ask questions when he did.

The reporter that is the subject of this thread hasn't publically said anything at all negative about President Obama. The organization he represents didn't put Obama on the front page. That is what he is being punished for.

If President Bush had punished every news organization that didn't put him on the 'front page', the White House press room would have been empty.

Fox, you are focusing on the seat change. I have already conceded that wasn't the admin.

But ...

Before her comments she was called on every presser. How many years did Bush refuse to call on Thomas after what she said?

And what happened to ending every presser with "Thank you Mr. President."

Face it, the Bush Admin practiced reprisal against her for what she said.

Fox, you are focusing on the seat change. I have already conceded that wasn't the admin.

But ...

Before her comments she was called on every presser. How many years did Bush refuse to call on Thomas after what she said?

In your opinion. And maybe it went down that way. But an objective review of the facts doesn't back up your opinion. If you have anything other than opinion about that from any credible source, let's see it. That could change my opinion.

Until then my opinion is as good as your opinion.

Not really the same thing at all. Not even similarities. Bush had nothing whatsoever to do with Thomas leaving UPI which is the real reason, even she admits, that she lost her front row seat as she no longer represented a news organization. Even after publicly calling President Bush the worst president in the history of the world or something to that effect, she still got to ask plenty of questions at routine briefings. President Bush didn't give all that many press conferences and a lot of people didn't get to ask questions when he did.

The reporter that is the subject of this thread hasn't publically said anything at all negative about President Obama. The organization he represents didn't put Obama on the front page. That is what he is being punished for.

If President Bush had punished every news organization that didn't put him on the 'front page', the White House press room would have been empty.

Well you might have had a few bloggers :lol:

But ...

In your opinion. And maybe it went down that way. But an objective review of the facts doesn't back up your opinion. If you have anything other than opinion about that from any credible source, let's see it. That could change my opinion.

Until then my opinion is as good as your opinion.

If you want to explain why she wasn't called on for three years after saying she was covering the worst President in history when prior that she was called on by him every presser I am all ears/eyes.

BTW the Obama admin claims the Herald didn't get access due to limited space. I'm sure you are buying that hook, line, and sinker :rolleyes:

What is that? Hmmmm?

But since what they didn't doesn't fit to a T what they Obama admin did you guys are acting like it doesn't count as an example of an Admin taking away access to reporters.

Go back to the first 4 pages of the thread and read the discussion you had on it ;)

My stance was pointing to bush's bad behavior is not justification for obama's bad behavior and by saying bush's behavior was bad i'm acknowledging your statement.

So then you recall that I didn't post it to justify the Obama admin's behavior. An example of another admin "doing it" was requested. I didn't just scream BOOOSSHH.

Yes you did.

The Bush administration retaliated against a reporter because of what she said. The Obama administration retaliates against reporters because of stories their paper prints.

Go back to the first 4 pages of the thread and read the discussion you had on it ;)

My stance was pointing to bush's bad behavior is not justification for obama's bad behavior and by saying bush's behavior was bad i'm acknowledging your statement.

So then you recall that I didn't post it to justify the Obama admin's behavior. An example of another admin "doing it" was requested. I didn't just scream BOOOSSHH.

Yes you did.

The Bush administration retaliated against a reporter because of what she said. The Obama administration retaliates against reporters because of stories their paper prints.

No, I didn't. Answering the bell to come up with an example of another admin "doing it" when requested is not justifying what the Obama admin did. I have clearly said what they did was wrong. Next.

Yes, I beleive there was; I requested an example and got one as in I asked for an example of murder and you gave me one for battery......*shrugs*

I think the Bush admin shutting out Thomas from questions for three years and embarrassing her by taking away the presser ending was worse ;)

At least the Obama admin can half assed play the "not enough space card" though is clearly BS... what was the Bush admin's excuse?

How was it worse than Obama retaliating against entire organizations for one reporter reporting a story about a protest, or not allowing the local paper access to events in that city because then ran a story written by a potential candidate on the front page?

Forum List

Back