Obama announces debt deal--GOP/Tea Party members WIN big!

The more I learn about the deal, it seems like a typical, "kick the can down the road" deal. I am not saying that is good or bad, but that is the way it seems to me.

Anyone else see that?

If it's anything, it's a means to ending a hostage situation.

How? The people are still held hostage by debt. With more goons entering the room.

Calling you a nimrod is for refusing to realize that Hoover and FDR were in a campaign is fair.

Hoover acted as Old Progressive, but insisted like Taft and TR that voluntary associationism would be the best path, not regulation. That failed. When he moved aggressively, it was far too late, and most of America rightfully distrusted him.

The Federal Reserve as not doing its job aggressively, and the FR failed.

War industries created war products, and your failed reactionary political philosophy does not change that fact. The demand for those products at the time brought full employment to American, dramatically increased bank savings, and pent up demand for items not available because of rationing.

After the war, production was turned to meet consumer demand, people remained employed, and the middle class become the greatest and strongest in the history of the world. Once again your inability to reason is obvious. Reason is a libertarian rag.

Hoover did all those things, and he did not do enough. FDR was a capitalist "unwilling to challenge the pillars of free-market capitalism," but he realized that capitalism had failed globally.

The Reconstruction Finance Corporation head by a former vice-president gave out loans to cronies and became very corrupt. When Jesse Jones of Houston, Texas, took over, the RFC was made to do with it was supposed to do.

I hope you understand the point now. The point is that you do not know the history of Hoover, FDR, or the New Deal, or WWII. Your failed libertarian political philosophy would drive us into the ground economically and make us a third-power country. CBS supports my position, and Reason is nothing more than a failed libertarian rag.

Do some studying, and come back an economic and historical nimrod no more.

The real problem, though, if you do know history, is then, you are a nothing more than a wack libertarian liar.

Last edited:
The more I learn about the deal, it seems like a typical, "kick the can down the road" deal. I am not saying that is good or bad, but that is the way it seems to me.

Anyone else see that?

of course.......if this were Rome circa 121 bc; they just passed a senatus consultum ultimum over our 'veto', Gaius Gracchus just committed suicide and both the leaders of optimates and populare are are drinking uncut wine, together.

The House has begun it's vote

pelosi has said she will 'hold her nose and vote for it', so, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ its gonna pass. the congresscritters who are in unsafe districts will be allowed on both sides to NV or vote no....same old same old.

Last edited:
Identify those who voted against the bill, work against their re-election next year, and celebrate Giffords return to vote for the bill.

Vote next year against the Dems and the Pubs that voted against the bill.

No, Avatar4321, they are fighting to return America to the businessmen and the far religious right.

Not going to happen.

Wow. They get 23 beers out of the case and decide to scream until they get the 24th - or the case disappears.

Unreal.

You got the hand wave solution to the deficit you liberals wanted. They're calling slowing the rate of growth in government spending just a little in 8 years a "cut." The country is fucked with endless red ink. You get the 23 beers and fiscal conservatives get one, which Behner traded for a grape NeHi. He sold us out, you won. What's the problem?

Vote next year against the Dems and the Pubs that voted against the bill.

Because it so makes sense to vote against the people who are fighting for real solutions.

The reason a solution or lack there of was reached.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3753-kn073011dapr20110728094525.jpg

Kaz is 100% right that the Tea Party just shot itself in the foot. It managed to fail and demonize itself with the great public at the same time. The trifecta will be completed when the next round of realclearpolitics.com polls come out showing it under 10% approval rating next week.

Kaz is 100% right that the Tea Party just shot itself in the foot. It managed to fail and demonize itself with the great public at the same time. The trifecta will be completed when the next round of realclearpolitics.com polls come out showing it under 10% approval rating next week.

Now we know who got the 23 beers. Aren't you glad now you didn't get #24, that'd have been the one that made you sick...

Obama didn't want to see another scene with the Tea Baggers holding the country hostage. He got what he wanted. The Baggers will not be able to play their games again until 2013. Plus the trigger will cut medicare providers, not the insured.

Still Batcrazy Bachmann is going to vote against it. Isn't she running for president of the country she is trying to send into Default.

The Dems need to drive home the GOP banner, of letting the Rich keep all their tax beaks and loopholes, The FOX crowd, many of whom are middle class, are all falling for the rich will create jobs with their tax breaks.

So, they have been getting the breaks since W. Where are the jobs?

Jobs are gone because Barack Hussein has stifled the economy with regulation, hindered it with the cost of Obamacare, crushed it with $14 trillion in debt, and scared it with anti-capitalist rhetoric and posture...

No, jobs are gone because you stupid motherfuckers still believe that hemorrhage-trade policies like NAFTA works for anyone other than commodity traders. That, and your silly fucking pipe dream of global competition with, say it with me, Chinese sweatshop paupers.

Your silly fucking "regulation! regulation!" circle jerk is this that: an excuse for your mental masturbation. Go talk about deregulation with a thalidomide baby and a few miles of toxic land, ball licker.

Spoken like a typical left-wing Dumbocrat. All angry rehtoric coupled with ignorance.

To begin with, I am dead set against NAFTA or a "global economy". It circumvents labor laws and creates unfair competition, which in turns incentivizes taking jobs out of the US.

But.... those things exist because of the ignorant left-wing policies such as unions, which have collapsed business after business across the US (see GM, Chrysler, and Ford). When the idiot liberal thinks a janitor at GM should make $28 per hour, have a cadillac healthcare plan for he and his family, and have an executive level pension plan, well - an executive either has to see his business go under because of the greed of the left or move the jobs over seas. Any normal person would move the jobs over seas.

If it weren't for the greedy, lazy, gimme-gimme-gimme attitude of the Dumbocrat, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in with a climbing $14 trillion debt and jobs over in China.

What's funny is that the 10% approval rating would still be higher than Barack Hussein's.

Like I told you before, you can't wish the party away. They took over Washington last November, they will finish the job in 2012. I know that bothers you, but you might as well get use to it and accept it now...

Forum List

Back