Obama asserts executive priviledge over fast and furious documents

Not to change the important deflection topic back to the actual topic or anything, but ...

will the Administration EXPLAIN to the American People the pretend BASIS for their obviously fraudulent invocation of Executive Privilege?

Not to change the important deflection topic back to the actual topic or anything, but ...

will the Administration EXPLAIN to the American People the pretend BASIS for their obviously fraudulent invocation of Executive Privilege?

His Royal Highness King Obama doesnt want to embarrass Holder, who likely has some serious dirt on Big O?

The DoJ lawyer types are as crooked as they come, from my experience.

That's not a racist comment...how exactly?

So now saying Affirmative Action is racist? :eek::eusa_whistle::cuckoo::badgrin:

no kidding..we need the liberal handbook of words we can't say since Obama became President..

If I remember, watermelon, fried chicken were on there

tumblr_m41eplDgVT1r2i2tqo2_400.gif

Damn.

Deflections aside, here is a potentially useful "Outside the Beltway" piece on Executive Privilege.

Excerpt:
there are two kinds of Executive Privilege. The first kind of Executive Privilege is generally referred to as the “Presidential Communications Privilege” and covers communications between the President and his advisers. The Vice-President also has this privilege which he can assert on his own if necessary. This privilege is recognized as being rooted in the Constitution, the Separation Of Powers, and the idea that a President must be able to receive candid advice from his advisers. In order for this privilege to be invoked, though, it must involve direct communications between the President and his advisers. The second kind of Executive Privilege is generally referred to as the “Deliberative Process Privilege” and it covers certain kinds of internal communications inside the agencies of the Executive Branch. This privilege is much weaker than the Communications Privilege in that it is rooted in Common Law rather than the Constitution. The exact extent of this privilege hasn’t been heavily litigated so it’s rather unclear what is and isn’t covered, and when the interests of Congress in performing its Constitutional role of overseeing the operations of Executive Branch agencies would override it. At the very least, though, it is accurate to state that the Deliberative Process Privilege is much weaker and far smaller in scope than the Presidential Communications Privilege.
-- Obama’s Assertion Of Executive Privilege And The Law

Last edited:

Are you kidding? Executive privilege is used to protect Presidents and their advisors. Typically used on national security issues--that are critical--or like attorney--client privilege for the President ONLY. It's not to be used to protect Eric Holder's ASS and cannot be used in an effort to cover up something--as we witnessed during Watergate when Nixon tried to use it.

What is very suspicious about this is Obama didn't issue an executive privilege 18 months ago when the congressional investigation started--which Presidents typically do when they spot very sensitive information that should not be known. He waited until the very last minute to issue this--and on the very day that Eric Holder was to be found in contempt of congress.

So NOW the question is: What is Obama and Erick Holder hiding? We still do not know who authorized this botched program.

Last edited:
Obamination is not just covering Holder's ass, he's covering his own ass because he approved the gun running to drug cartels. Nobody is going to do that without POTUS cover, especially to our southern neighbor.

I'm sure Obamination's little cover-up note over the UBL raid if it went south probably tried to claim the SEALs and SOCOM went on their mission without his knowledge......

Are you kidding? Executive privilege is used to protect Presidents and their advisors. Typically used on national security issues--that are critical--or like attorney--client privilege for the President ONLY. It's not to be used to protect Eric Holder's ASS and cannot be used in an effort to cover up something--as we witnessed during Watergate when Nixon tried to use it.

What is very suspicious about this is Obama didn't issue an executive privilege 18 months ago when the congressional investigation started--which Presidents typically do when they spot very sensitive information that should not be known. He waited until the very last minute to issue this--and on the very day that Eric Holder was to be found in contempt of congress.

So NOW the question is: What is Obama and Erick Holder hiding? We still do not know who authorized this botched program.

Ok. But what will the Administration CLAIM?

I doubt their cover story will be: "We are engaged in a coverup."

It just gets worse & worse with this guy. This scandal is beginning to look a lot like Watergate. It's hard to fathom how anyone can defend him at this point. The People may have had enough. I guess we'll see in November.

The big difference between this and Watergate is that no one died because of Watergate. It was just a fumble. Hundreds if not thousands of people are dead because of F&F. Now it looks like the omitted documents actually implicate obama himself.

As much as I think F&F was a plot to cause demand for more gun control, do you really think that Ofc. Terry would be alive if those specific guns had not been sold to the cartel? Wouldn't he have been shot by the same guys using different guns?

It's not like there was a shortage of guns.

It just gets worse & worse with this guy. This scandal is beginning to look a lot like Watergate. It's hard to fathom how anyone can defend him at this point. The People may have had enough. I guess we'll see in November.

The big difference between this and Watergate is that no one died because of Watergate. It was just a fumble. Hundreds if not thousands of people are dead because of F&F. Now it looks like the omitted documents actually implicate obama himself.

As much as I think F&F was a plot to cause demand for more gun control, do you really think that Ofc. Terry would be alive if those specific guns had not been sold to the cartel? Wouldn't he have been shot by the same guys using different guns?

Impossible to know.

But we DO know that folks who illegally put guns in the hands of criminals are themselves engaged in criminal behavior. And when the criminals into whose hands the gun got put uses that gun to murder a man, the person who put the gun in his hand can be considered an accomplice.

Impossible to know.

But we DO know that folks who illegally put guns in the hands of criminals are themselves engaged in criminal behavior. And when the criminals into whose hands the gun got put uses that gun to murder a man, the person who put the gun in his hand can be considered an accomplice.

Eric Holder and his ATF--might as well declared WAR on MEXICO.

Don't you guys remember ERIC HOLDER playing the race card on Fast and Furious back in December of 2011?

Attorney General Eric Holder accused his growing chorus of critics of racist motivations in a Sunday interview published in the New York Times. When reached by The Daily Caller Monday morning, the Department of Justice provided no evidence to support the attorney general’s claims.

Holder said some unspecified faction — what he refers to as the “more extreme segment” — is driven to criticize both him and President Barack Obama due to the color of their skin. Holder did not appear to elaborate on who he considered to make up the “more extreme segment.”

“This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him,” Holder said, according to the Times. “Both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American.”

The White House hasn’t returned requests for comment on whether President Barack Obama agrees with his top law enforcement officer’s allegations of racial motivations.
Justice Dept. silent as Holder charges critics with racism | The Daily Caller

We have 1 U.S. Border agent killed by one of these guns and only God knows how many Mexican militia--Mexican police--Judges--elected officials--and innocent civilians caught in the cross fire--and ERIC HOLDER pulls out the RACE CARD.

Very touching statement unless you're an obama troll

Terry family attorney Pat McGroder released the follow statement Wednesday from Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry's parents, Josephine Terry and Kent Terry Sr.:
"Attorney General Eric Holder's refusal to fully disclose the documents associated with Operation Fast and Furious and President Obama's assertion of executive privilege serves to compound this tragedy. It denies the Terry family and the American people the truth. Our son, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, was killed by members of a Mexican drug cartel armed with weapons from this failed Justice Department gun trafficking investigation. For more than 18 months we have been asking our federal government for justice and accountability. The documents sought by the House Oversight Committee and associated with Operation Fast and Furious should be produced and turned over to the committee. Our son lost his life protecting this nation, and it is very disappointing that we are now faced with an administration that seems more concerned with protecting themselves rather than revealing the truth behind Operation Fast and Furious."

Read more: Brian Terry's family releases statement on Obama's executive privilege assertion | Fox News

Impossible to know.

Eric Holder and his ATF--might as well declared WAR on MEXICO.

I read earlier today that some populist newspapers in Mexico complained bitterly about the gringo (i.e., American) government doing that to Mexicans.

But keep it on the down low.

Wouldn't want to alarm the Democrat "base."

Impossible to know.

Oh I agree with you there, man. Gun running for criminals is still gun running.

Forum List

Back