Obama - Bigger Government, Higher Taxes, Less Freedom

So you are saying everyone on welfare works and strives to get off of it because it is so so terrible?

LOL, yup, that's exactly what I said. :eusa_eh:

Of course there are lazy ass people who will ALWAYS be poor no matter what. But the fact that you think being on welfare is comfortable shows how truly clueless you are.

Go ahead though, set up another strawman argument if it makes you feel better about your shitty/incorrect view of the world.

Comfortable is a relative term. To some,a bottle of ripple and a car seat on the front porch is just fine.
The problem is the guy/girl/6 kids, also has a cell phone,big screen TV,A/C and three squares a day.
Most on the tax payers dime. The rest ill gotten.
You dems say that these are isolated incidents. Yet the walmart fiasco and many other incidents say different.
Stop being an enabler.

So what's the solution? Let's hear it. You know how to complain. Tell us how to fix it. Try not to be lazy with your solution either.

You are defining taxes as "punishment"...Warren Buffett has said he is under taxed...Taxes are the price we pay for civilization and infrastructure...

Buffett to Congress: The wealthy are under-taxed :clap2:

Warren is free to pay more if he feels that way.

In dealing with system imbalances solution by individual fiat is not realistic. It takes a village it takes policy solutions not individual decisions...

Why the hell are we even talking about this? It's common knowledge that you could confiscate every dime from the rich and it wouldnt put a dent in the debt.
The middle class pays the vast majority of taxes and obama is pretty much wiping that out with his policies. So where's the money going to come from then?
It sure as hell wont be the rich. If there's not enough of them to make an appreciable difference now,what makes you think there will be at a later date?

Warren is free to pay more if he feels that way.

In dealing with system imbalances solution by individual fiat is not realistic. It takes a village it takes policy solutions not individual decisions...

Why the hell are we even talking about this? It's common knowledge that you could confiscate every dime from the rich and it wouldnt put a dent in the debt.
The middle class pays the vast majority of taxes and obama is pretty much wiping that out with his policies. So where's the money going to come from then?
It sure as hell wont be the rich. If there's not enough of them to make an appreciable difference now,what makes you think there will be at a later date?

Wait, I thought the conservative talking point is that Obama is hiking the takes on the middle class. But you just said Obama is wiping that out. So which is it?

Taxes are in the Constitution.

Which shows how much these folks seriously respect it.

taxes are necessary, no one has ever said otherwise. Government waste and fiscal mismanagement are not necessary, but have been prevalent for years.

And not once have I seen you or any other conservative posters here address government waste and fiscal mismanagement.

You could start with the military..one of the biggest money sinks in the country.

We just spent close to a trillion dollars for 2 exotic planes, one of which actually got made, the F22 and the F35.

You could also address the Missile Defense Systems which Billions have been spent on and essentially doesn't work.

But naw..you bray on and on about social programs. Those..you want to get completely rid of..because starving babies and putting grandma on the street will make us a stronger nation.

Riiight.

there is a lot of waste and pork in DOD. I have said that many times.

My answer: cut every govt program and agency by 33%. Everything! across the board, including SS, medicare, medicaid, welfare, food stamps, DOD, DOE, education, govt salaries. and then cut foreign aid by 90% and close all of our foreign bases.

Wait, I thought the conservative talking point is that Obama is hiking the takes on the middle class. But you just said Obama is wiping that out. So which is it?

in reality, its both.

in reality, its both.

WTF. Seriously? How do you people expect to be taken seriously.

So now your claim is Obama is raising taxes on the middle class AND he's wiping taxes out for the middle class as well.

I'd ask you to explain, but we both know you can't.

Of course there are lazy ass people who will ALWAYS be poor no matter what. But the fact that you think being on welfare is comfortable shows how truly clueless you are.

Go ahead though, set up another strawman argument if it makes you feel better about your shitty/incorrect view of the world.

Comfortable is a relative term. To some,a bottle of ripple and a car seat on the front porch is just fine.
The problem is the guy/girl/6 kids, also has a cell phone,big screen TV,A/C and three squares a day.
You dems say that these are isolated incidents. Yet the walmart fiasco and many other incidents say different.
Stop being an enabler.

So what's the solution? Let's hear it. You know how to complain. Tell us how to fix it. Try not to be lazy with your solution either.

My solution involves personal responsibility as well as personal sacrifice,so I,m sure you wont like it.
I think I'll tell you in story form,a true story mind you,that is playing out as we speak.

My bros wife filed for divorce around four years ago and pretty much screwed him.
He moved into my house with no job a forty thousand in the bank. A far cry from what he originally had.
I sat and watched him piss away the forty while hanging out and going to bars and basically living the high life. Keep in mind I've watched him make six figures for years so I really wasn't all that concerned. I figured he needed a little party time.
After about a year I told him to hit the bricks because I was sick of watching him waste his life.
He goes out and gets a job for about half of what he's worth and borrows 20 thousand from my mother and buys a house which he can barely afford with his income and bills.
Then he gets a DUI and of course cant afford the attorney. So I pay for for the attorney because a conviction will screw up his visitation with his daughter,with the understanding that this was it. NO MORE CHARITY!

Am I being harsh? Maybe. But I know perfectly well he is capable of doing far better for himself and that while I love him because he's my bro,I refuse to help him ruin his life.
If he's going to do that,he can do it on his own.

You see what I'm getting at I suppose.
But to be clear....Why wouldnt I show a stranger the same amount of consideration as my bro? Do I want them to fail? Absolutely not. And the way to success is not hand outs. It's giving someone a leg up until they prove they aren't trying. When they prove to you they aren't trying it's time to put their feet to the fire because you care about their welfare.

No I just said obama was wiping out the middle class.

LOL. comfortable he says.

Ask me how I know you have no clue what being on welfare is like..

LOL, comfortable.

So you are saying everyone on welfare works and strives to get off of it because it is so so terrible?

You don't address the actual issue. You just call me clueless without refuting a single thing I am saying.

Eat a neg troll.

in reality, its both.

WTF. Seriously? How do you people expect to be taken seriously.

So now your claim is Obama is raising taxes on the middle class AND he's wiping taxes out for the middle class as well.

I'd ask you to explain, but we both know you can't.

raising taxes and destroying the middle class. I thought thats what you meant by "wiping it out"

Stop being an enabler.

My solution involves personal responsibility as well as personal sacrifice,so I,m sure you wont like it.
I think I'll tell you in story form,a true story mind you,that is playing out as we speak.

My bros wife filed for divorce around four years ago and pretty much screwed him.
He moved into my house with no job a forty thousand in the bank. A far cry from what he originally had.
I sat and watched him piss away the forty while hanging out and going to bars and basically living the high life. Keep in mind I've watched him make six figures for years so I really wasn't all that concerned. I figured he needed a little party time.
After about a year I told him to hit the bricks because I was sick of watching him waste his life.
He goes out and gets a job for about half of what he's worth and borrows 20 thousand from my mother and buys a house which he can barely afford with his income and bills.
Then he gets a DUI and of course cant afford the attorney. So I pay for for the attorney because a conviction will screw up his visitation with his daughter,with the understanding that this was it. NO MORE CHARITY!

Am I being harsh? Maybe. But I know perfectly well he is capable of doing far better for himself and that while I love him because he's my bro,I refuse to help him ruin his life.

But to be clear....Why wouldnt I show a stranger the same amount of consideration as my bro? Do I want them to fail? Absolutely not. And the way to success is not hand outs. It's giving someone a leg up until they prove they aren't trying. When they prove to you they aren't trying it's time to put their feet to the fire because you care about their welfare.

:clap2: perfect example :clap2:

5 years after Obama set out to "fundamentally transform America", we have seen Right wing hysteria rise, claims of being victimized by poor people sky rocketing from cry baby whiners, and the inability to tax at the same level as during the Clinton era plus the Bush unfunded liabilities leading to a larger National debt. We need to turn things around. We need to get rid of Tea Party ninnies in the Congress . The GOP stands for a Nation of 99 percent serfs and an elite aristocracy of private industry looters. We believe in equality of opportunity that requires leveling the playing field not guaranteed success for 1 percent of the population. Lets preserve the progress of the last 75 years through the New Deal and progress farther/further...:cool:

horseshit. the gap between rich and poor has gotten larger due to obama's policies. He is screwing the people who put him in office and you are too stupid to realize it. Pathetic.

I am afraid your are misinformed or uninformed or both. The trend of more wealth to the top tiers is a 30 plus year trend that accelerated after the Reagan years and the attacks on Unions. This is not my opinion regarding the 30 plus year trend
inequality.jpg

And what have Clinton and Obamessiah done to reverse this trend?

Splinter/Plank

Stop being an enabler.

Cute story. Now that we know how to handle your brother. How about an actual solution for the nation.

Again, try not to be lazy this time.

You don't address the actual issue. You just call me clueless without refuting a single thing I am saying.

Eat a neg troll.

The issue is you have no clue what it's like to be on welfare. I absolutely addressed that. Neg me all day...it's all you have left.

Eat a neg troll.

The issue is you have no clue what it's like to be on welfare. I absolutely addressed that. Neg me all day...it's all you have left.

I see it all the time when I drive through poor neighborhoods in NYC, it appears to be quite cushy. I see it when people buy expensive crap with thier EBT instead of cheaper more wholesome products. I see it when people complain that if they get a raise at thier job, they lose benefits and lose money.

The system is set up to keep people on it, because if they got off it, all the burecrats running the programs would be out of a job. The system is set up to keep people placated, not to get them on thier feet. The fact the system exists is enough for some people just not to try anymore, and to live of the lagress of others.

Cute story. Now that we know how to handle your brother. How about an actual solution for the nation.

Its not his fault you are a mouth breathing dolt who can't understand the concept.

horseshit. the gap between rich and poor has gotten larger due to obama's policies. He is screwing the people who put him in office and you are too stupid to realize it. Pathetic.

How do you explain the wealth gap increasing well before Obama took office.....still Obamas fault, right?

No, obviously no president is responsible for things that happened before he took office. But you guys elected obama to fix the income gap and to make everything "fair" and "equal". Instead what you got was more of the same. In fact, his policies have helped big business at the expense of the poor and middle classes.

the big losers under obama have been the inner city blacks, he has done NOTHING to help the people who needed the most help.

Obama has failed the people who elected him---------face that reality and move on.

Where do "you guys" get this shit? Obama was elected because the best the Republican party could offer was McCain/Palin. Or Romney/ Ryan. That was the best you all could offer and more people thought Obama the better choice.

Not the first choice, or a brilliant choice, just a better choice than what the Repubs were offering.

Eat a neg troll.

I see it all the time when I drive through poor neighborhoods in NYC, it appears to be quite cushy. I see it when people buy expensive crap with thier EBT instead of cheaper more wholesome products. I see it when people complain that if they get a raise at thier job, they lose benefits and lose money.

The system is set up to keep people on it, because if they got off it, all the burecrats running the programs would be out of a job. The system is set up to keep people placated, not to get them on thier feet. The fact the system exists is enough for some people just not to try anymore, and to live of the lagress of others.

Again, you have NO clue. Driving through the neighborhood is your proof??

I guess because you watched Monday Night Football, you know what it's like to play quarterback in the NFL, right?

Everytime you post, you dig your pathetic hole deeper and deeper.

Yeah I know....I lost you at personal responsibility and sacrifice.
And if you dont see the truth in what I said you're blind. I suppose you would have watched your bros life spiral out of control? Yeah that figures.
Oh and my bro? I think he's seen the light. He's actively looking for a better job because he has no one left to bail him out...and he knows it.

Yeah I know....I lost you at personal responsibility and sacrifice.
And if you dont see the truth in what I said you're blind. I suppose you would have watched your bros life spiral out of control? Yeah that figures.
Oh and my bro? I think he's seen the light. He's actively looking for a better job because he has no one left to bail him out...and he knows it.

If I had asked you how to handle the situation with your brother it would have been a great answer. But that's not what I asked you.

RDD: What is your favorite color?
HereWeGoAgain: McDonalds
RDD: That's not what I asked you.
HereWeGoAgain: It's not my fault you don't like my answer

Forum List

Back