Obama Bombs Iraq: Do you Support It?...

Do You Support Obama Bombing Iraq

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry Peach but you are wrong. They were gathered in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the desert months ago. A very easy target with little to no innocents in harms way.

Then Obama was wrong not to order a strike, I am not going to bicker about how the war began, Bush_______ or Obama______. ISIS has taken hostage Yazidi women to be USED by ISIS troops, keep up the fight. You did not see me arguing against a strike then, I have taken these b------- seriously from their emergence.

I call BS to this post!

Typical far left mentality to not blame their far left leader for what is happening now.

I just suggested she was being too "liberal" in not placing the blame for the fires raging in the region for the last 10 years where it firmly belongs - on the bushie neocons who thought they could remake the world in their image - kind of a god-like task they really fucked up. Course trying to explain that to a block of stone would be more productive than trying to educate you on the simple cause/effect history of this mid-east debacle. Feel free to proudly display your ignorance, as usual.

Didn't seem to matter when it was 300 African girls. Why is this different?

Oil

Not buying it

Americans have never given a shit about what is happening in Africa. I'm amazed that the kidnapping of those school girls even made the news here.

Back in 1999 I went in as far as Tanzania into Dar Es Salaam. We couldn't leave our hotel for 3 days because of rebel activity. Then someone who was a frequent visitor said that there were at least a dozen civil wars going on simultaneously throughout the entire continent. Rebellions, kidnapping and massacres were every day affairs.

So the better question is how did the girls' kidnapping even get into the western hemisphere mainstream media? It took 800,000 people hacked down by machete before Rwanda made the news in 1994.

Americans are woefully uninformed.

To far left blog sources that do NOT back up your far left claims..

Typical lies of a Rabid Rightie. Are you saying Maliki has treated the Sunnis fairly?

Of course 95% of American is to the right of the far left, and only a deluded far left loyalist would use such terminology.

Do you have a link to back up your claims or not? or do you plan on using far left blog sites to do your thinking for you?

Americans have never given a shit about what is happening in Africa. I'm amazed that the kidnapping of those school girls even made the news here.

Back in 1999 I went in as far as Tanzania into Dar Es Salaam. We couldn't leave our hotel for 3 days because of rebel activity. Then someone who was a frequent visitor said that there were at least a dozen civil wars going on simultaneously throughout the entire continent. Rebellions, kidnapping and massacres were every day affairs.

So the better question is how did the girls' kidnapping even get into the western hemisphere mainstream media? It took 800,000 people hacked down by machete before Rwanda made the news in 1994.

Especially those that are rooted in the far left religion.

George W. Bush’s Legacy on Africa Wins Praise, Even From Foes
George W. Bush?s Legacy on Africa Wins Praise, Even From Foes - ABC News

To far left blog sources that do NOT back up your far left claims..

Typical lies of a Rabid Rightie. Are you saying Maliki has treated the Sunnis fairly?

Of course 95% of American is to the right of the far left, and only a deluded far left loyalist would use such terminology.

Do you have a link to back up your claims or not? or do you plan on using far left blog sites to do your thinking for you?

Does it really make a difference. I mean you're one of the most rabid of them all so 95% of everything is to the left of you.

The Middle East

"Iraq is quickly slipping into authoritarianism as its security forces abuse protesters, harass journalists and torture detainees," declared Sarah Leah Wilson, Middle East Director of Human Rights Watch (HRW). Maliki's forces gunned down 12 people protesting rampant corruption and demanding greater political rights in nationwide demonstrations in February. That month HRW uncovered a secret detention centre controlled by elite security forces who report directly to Maliki. The same unit controls a separate facility at Camp Honour, a former US base in Baghdad where activists say detainees are tortured with impunity. But Shi'ite Maliki's primary target is the Sunni leadership of the opposition Iraqiya bloc. Western intelligence sources say Maliki has rounded up more than 1,000 political opponents since December, almost exclusively Sunni members of Iraqiya, using the predominantly Shi'ite security forces. Maliki controls the defence, security and interior ministries. The sources said some of those arrested were tortured in an effort to extract confessions to implicate the bloc's leader, former prime minister Iyad Allawi, a secular Shi'ite, who many consider just as ruthless as Maliki. Allawi fought against Saddam and was for years an operative of the US Central Intelligence Agency. - See more at: The Middle East

Let's see here...

On one hand, another country is in the middle of a civil war.

On the other hand, US intervention in that country's affairs by taking out their leader who held that country relatively stable for the inhabitants is the major cause in the creation of these factions', which were held in check before their "liberation" leading to their involvement in a civil war around 10 years ago and again today.

ISIS is essentially the former combined factions lumped together and coined Al Qaeda in Iraq by the former Administration. They were effectively driven out of Iraq during the "surge" after things had gone far south after "Mission Accomplished" during the "rebuilding" of the country. Now they've returned.

What should the US do? One school of thought is, we broke, we gotta fix it. Another is we've done enough damage, let the ME deal with its own problems. Between those two extremes are variations on those two themes.

The way I see it, further US involvement in the ME would simply exacerbate the problem and aid ISIS recruitment; Bin Laden's 1998 fatwa still burns in the minds of many radicalized Sunni's. One good option I see is a coalition of ME Nations such as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, et al, to coordinate efforts to rid the region of all the factions with Qubtism at their heart. The idea of a Caliphate rising from ISIS should be more than enough to motivate them. Now is the time for Islam to put up or shut up.

The idea of the US as part of that coalition would be absurdly counterproductive given the subject of the WIF fatwa which lead to 9/11.

Just one man's opinion, and worth about 2 cents!

Not buying it

I hear that parrot squawking again....Oh, it must be Kosh. Yup. Sure is.

Yeah, Bush's PR people figured out that a nice balance to the decimation of Iraq would be to create a publicity stunt in Africa and AIDS was the dilemma du jour, and idiots like you lap it up.

The Koch brothers have the same Madison Ave handlers. They founded a special surgery hospital in Manhattan and every wall has their name on it . It's a great cover for continuing their plunder of the economy.

Does it really make a difference. I mean you're one of the most rabid of them all so 95% of everything is to the left of you.

The Middle East

"Iraq is quickly slipping into authoritarianism as its security forces abuse protesters, harass journalists and torture detainees," declared Sarah Leah Wilson, Middle East Director of Human Rights Watch (HRW). Maliki's forces gunned down 12 people protesting rampant corruption and demanding greater political rights in nationwide demonstrations in February. That month HRW uncovered a secret detention centre controlled by elite security forces who report directly to Maliki. The same unit controls a separate facility at Camp Honour, a former US base in Baghdad where activists say detainees are tortured with impunity. But Shi'ite Maliki's primary target is the Sunni leadership of the opposition Iraqiya bloc. Western intelligence sources say Maliki has rounded up more than 1,000 political opponents since December, almost exclusively Sunni members of Iraqiya, using the predominantly Shi'ite security forces. Maliki controls the defence, security and interior ministries. The sources said some of those arrested were tortured in an effort to extract confessions to implicate the bloc's leader, former prime minister Iyad Allawi, a secular Shi'ite, who many consider just as ruthless as Maliki. Allawi fought against Saddam and was for years an operative of the US Central Intelligence Agency. - See more at: The Middle East

Can you seriously not use far left blog sites as your "facts"?

Once again the far left will find anything that fits certain keywords to try and support their lies.

And yes 95% of Americans are to the right of the far left. Despite the fact that the far left Hijacked the (D) party, they are still an extremist group. But of course by all means let their programming control your thoughts without question of hesitation.

So seriously you got any real proof to back up your claims?

Yeah, Bush's PR people figured out that a nice balance to the decimation of Iraq would be to create a publicity stunt in Africa and AIDS was the dilemma du jour, and idiots like you lap it up.

The Koch brothers have the same Madison Ave handlers. They founded a special surgery hospital in Manhattan and every wall has their name on it . It's a great cover for continuing their plunder of the economy.

And once again the far left proves once again that they can not admit to voting for worse than Bush twice.

More far left talking points straight from the far left religious scriptures.

I voted Yes....but Obama fucked up waiting too long.

Those saying No are fucked up in the head....you support genocide.

Let's see here...

On one hand, another country is in the middle of a civil war.

On the other hand, US intervention in that country's affairs by taking out their leader who held that country relatively stable for the inhabitants is the major cause in the creation of these factions', which were held in check before their "liberation" leading to their involvement in a civil war around 10 years ago and again today.

ISIS is essentially the former combined factions lumped together and coined Al Qaeda in Iraq by the former Administration. They were effectively driven out of Iraq during the "surge" after things had gone far south after "Mission Accomplished" during the "rebuilding" of the country. Now they've returned.

What should the US do? One school of thought is, we broke, we gotta fix it. Another is we've done enough damage, let the ME deal with its own problems. Between those two extremes are variations on those two themes.

The way I see it, further US involvement in the ME would simply exacerbate the problem and aid ISIS recruitment; Bin Laden's 1998 fatwa still burns in the minds of many radicalized Sunni's. One good option I see is a coalition of ME Nations such as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, et al, to coordinate efforts to rid the region of all the factions with Qubtism at their heart. The idea of a Caliphate rising from ISIS should be more than enough to motivate them. Now is the time for Islam to put up or shut up.

The idea of the US as part of that coalition would be absurdly counterproductive given the subject of the WIF fatwa which lead to 9/11.

Just one man's opinion, and worth about 2 cents!

Yet another one that is controlled by the far left propaganda and allows it to trump reality.

And once again the far left proves once again that they can not admit to voting for worse than Bush twice.

You outdid yourself this time, only two sentences and you managed to fit "far left" in three times. You have become a caricature of yourself at this point.

well you might wanna think about it because that's how ISIS is funding itself

ISIS has emptied every bank & museum of every town they have overrun. It is estimated that the have BILLIONS in cash & valuables. Oil is not their target, it is simply at risk of being under their control. Having said that they have PLENTY OF CASH on hand to procure anything they need without the oil.

Nor am I.

well you might wanna think about it because that's how ISIS is funding itself

ISIS has emptied every bank & museum of every town they have overrun. It is estimated that the have BILLIONS in cash & valuables. Oil is not their target, it is simply at risk of being under their control. Having said that they have PLENTY OF CASH on hand to procure anything they need without the oil.

And they will soon have more advanced munitions.

You outdid yourself this time, only two sentences and you managed to fit "far left" in three times. You have become a caricature of yourself at this point.

And the far left will still deny that they voted for worse than Bush twice, they would much rather watch the world burn than admit they are wrong!

Forum List

Back