Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag

Why wouldn't you ban the flag of traitors intent on preserving the right to own slaves?
Do you people insist on missing the point, or are you just stupid?

The president has no authority to ban it, I think is the topic. And if that's the case, why do people insist on obeying his orders? The Marxist should just be ignored.

Of course he does....on federal property

That is what he did
Is that so? Federal property belongs to the Marxist now?

We the People gave him the responsibility

Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag - Minutemen News

Once again this president does something he has no power to do. If Paul Ryan wasn't such a coward he could do something about this. The pres should have been impeached a long time ago.

Barack Obama does hate America, Barack Obama an evil man, He is destroying America, Is aiding and abetting a Muslim caliphate and as such Is a Traitor, he is a Communist, and should be considered a terrorist by every traditional American of sound mind.

For instance, throughout his presidency he has rightfully earned the tittle
of - America's Best Gun Salesman -. It is this accomplishment that
history will most fondly remember him.

Moore- still a loon.

Not sure why you oppose the banning of the flag of the Democratic Party.
Not sure why you oppose free speech!

Not sure why you think I do.

What free speech do you imagine I oppose?
If you approve banning that flag then you oppose free speech! Now! Do you?
You are so dumb. The flag is being banned form federal properties not your front lawn, jerk!

Once again this president does something he has no power to do. If Paul Ryan wasn't such a coward he could do something about this. The pres should have been impeached a long time ago.

Barack Obama does hate America, Barack Obama an evil man, He is destroying America, Is aiding and abetting a Muslim caliphate and as such Is a Traitor, he is a Communist, and should be considered a terrorist by every traditional American of sound mind.

Moore- still a loon.

You are free to display the flag on your property......Not Federal property

Confederate flag wavers are looking for a safe space again. Try the dumpster behind the gas station, no one will tread on it there.

Is that so? Federal property belongs to the Marxist now?

Federal property belongs to the people...not Obungles and his posse of loon followers
That precisely is the point. Federal property is NOT confederate property. A defeated hostile faction has no right to have federal tax dollars paying for their memorials and grave sites., let alone having rebel flags flying sometimes higher than the Union flag.

Then in that case I don't want to see the LGBT flag of perversion and intolerance anywhere on federal property nor any signs of it. Two can play this game
I m not a proponent of the LGBT cause but I don't think the government pays for their flags or erects memorials to them. Neither do I remember them waging war against the US government and,"gasp" subsequently losing.

None the less LGBT offends me so no flags or any sign of them on federal property. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Offending you is not on a par with insurrection, slavery and murder.

Moore- still a loon.

Who is being banned from flying a flag?

Show me who I am supposed to be opposing their free speech.

You can wave your Confederate flag, or Nazi flag, or Communist flag to your hearts content as far as I am concerned.

The US government is removing, 150 years later, the battle flag of the traitors to the nation? And they have a problem with this?

[...]
Please do not misconstrue my comment as having a pro-slavery context but I must disagree with your statement that Confederate rebels were "traitors." They were secessionists and secession is not treason unless it takes place during a war with a foreign nation. Secession is not betrayal.

I am not a Southerner. I'm from Brooklyn. What I learned during the time I was stationed in North Carolina is all contemporary White Southerners are not descendant from slave-owners, nor did they, or do they, benefit in any way from the practice of slavery. In fact many White Southerners were, and are, opposed to it. Some of them quite bitterly.

Someone, I don't know who, has observed that; "The South dislikes the Negro as a race but accepts him as a person, while the North accepts the Negro as a race but rejects him as a person."

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
don't celebrate tyranny that you like and get pissed when it happens to something you support.

mmkay

If Donald Trump wins and begins using his handy dandy pen to bypass Congress and starts passing laws on his own, these fat liberal fucks on this forum will be the first ones needing to be diapered.
The liberal fucks in congress will find their spine and stand up to him.

The US government is removing, 150 years later, the battle flag of the traitors to the nation? And they have a problem with this?

It would appear losing, after causing 650,000 deaths, has a price. The confederate states of dipshittia should have thought of the consequences before starting it. They're lucky they weren't made to take down every confederate flag in 1865 and eat them.

Non issue.
These men stood side by side and fought and died for their nation and what they felt were their constitutional rights. Guess we must ban British flag from graves in USA of those troops who died in Revolutionary War and War of 1812. Great Britain did not ban slavery until 1831. Guess British flag is a symbol of hate?

It would appear losing, after causing 650,000 deaths, has a price. The confederate states of dipshittia should have thought of the consequences before starting it. They're lucky they weren't made to take down every confederate flag in 1865 and eat them.

Non issue.
These men stood side by side and fought and died for their nation and what they felt were their constitutional rights. Guess we must ban British flag from graves in USA of those troops who died in Revolutionary War and War of 1812. Great Britain did not ban slavery until 1831. Guess British flag is a symbol of hate?
Why didn't the klan parade under the Brittish flag?

Non issue.

You know, if after the civil war started the entire south had said "we don't care about slaves, here we are freeing them all right now" I would say yes they were fighting for something more noble than defending an economy built on slavery. They didn't and they weren't. Read up on how blacks fighting for the North were treated when captured by southern soldiers. Think Isis.

England or any other foreign entity is a Red Herring and not worthy of comment.

Non issue.

You know, if after the civil war started the entire south had said "we don't care about slaves, here we are freeing them all right now" I would say yes they were fighting for something more noble than defending an economy built on slavery. They didn't and they weren't. Read up on how blacks fighting for the North were treated when captured by southern soldiers. Think Isis.

It was not all about slavery. Lincoln even said as much. It was a constitutional crisis. "Could the states leave the Union after ratification? Was it a binding contract?" Slavery was put into the popular history after communist Carl Sandburg wrote his biography of Lincoln.

Non issue.
Why didn't the klan parade under the Brittish flag?
Because their not British Captain Obvious.

[...]
Please do not misconstrue my comment as having a pro-slavery context but I must disagree with your statement that Confederate rebels were "traitors." They were secessionists and secession is not treason unless it takes place during a war with a foreign nation. Secession is not betrayal.

I am not a Southerner. I'm from Brooklyn. What I learned during the time I was stationed in North Carolina is all contemporary White Southerners are not descendant from slave-owners, nor did they, or do they, benefit in any way from the practice of slavery. In fact many White Southerners were, and are, opposed to it. Some of them quite bitterly.

Someone, I don't know who, has observed that; "The South dislikes the Negro as a race but accepts him as a person, while the North accepts the Negro as a race but rejects him as a person."

They fired on a United States fort. The Confederate commanding officer that gave the command to fire on Fort Sumter was a junior officer under the command of the Union commander in Fort Sumter. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what your enemies do. The mechanisms were in place in the democracy for them to attempt to vote their views into law, which they did up until the late 1850's. But when they weren't getting their way anymore they decided this form of government isn't for us.

Last edited:

Non issue.

It was not all about slavery. Lincoln even said as much. It was a constitutional crisis. "Could the states leave the Union after ratification? Was it a binding contract?" Slavery was put into the popular history after communist Carl Sandburg wrote his biography of Lincoln.
The south seceded to preserve the institution of slavery......one of the most despicable nations ever formed in history

well if, IF, this is true, it's a clear violation of his oath to uphold the Constitution.
How so? Did you read the article? FWIW, I think it will be struck down in court, but the President does have authority over government facilities. Just how much remains to be determined.

...Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what your enemies do. The mechanisms were in place in the democracy for them to attempt to vote their views into law, which they did up until the late 1850's. But when they weren't getting their way anymore they decided this form of government isn't for us.
You're wrong. Please cite where any US state was unable to secede prior to 1865. Was it less legal than the American Revolution?

"Before the war, it was said 'the United States are' - grammatically it was spoken that way and thought of as a collection of independent states. And after the war it was always 'the United States is', as we say today without being self-conscious at all. And that sums up what the war accomplished. It made us an 'is'." -- Shelby Foote, historian

...Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what your enemies do. The mechanisms were in place in the democracy for them to attempt to vote their views into law, which they did up until the late 1850's. But when they weren't getting their way anymore they decided this form of government isn't for us.
You're wrong. Please cite where any US state was unable to secede prior to 1865.

Nah, you wonks who like to debate these things that are of no consequence don't interest me. I'm not saying it isn't an interesting subject, I'm just not interested in discussing it here. I'm sure there are many Civil War threads here to hash this out with whoever feels like it. Have at it.

Nah, you wonks who like to debate these things that are of no consequence don't interest me. I'm not saying it isn't an interesting subject, I'm just not interested in discussing it here. I'm sure there are many Civil War threads here to hash this out with whoever feels like it. Have at it.
Translation: No fucking way! I'm just talking out of my ass and cannot, nor will not, debate intellectually nor factually with you about this.

Just as I thought....and, IIRC, the same bullshit you pulled the last time I called you on a bullshit statement.

Forum List

Back