Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag

You know, if after the civil war started the entire south had said "we don't care about slaves, here we are freeing them all right now" I would say yes they were fighting for something more noble than defending an economy built on slavery. They didn't and they weren't. Read up on how blacks fighting for the North were treated when captured by southern soldiers. Think Isis.

England or any other foreign entity is a Red Herring and not worthy of comment.
It was not all about slavery. Lincoln even said as much. It was a constitutional crisis. "Could the states leave the Union after ratification? Was it a binding contract?" Slavery was put into the popular history after communist Carl Sandburg wrote his biography of Lincoln.
The south seceded to preserve the institution of slavery......one of the most despicable nations ever formed in history
I thought, according to liberals like Howard Zinn the United States was the most despicable nation ever formed.

So you judge a hundred million people by Howard Zinn whoever in the hell that is. Why not use Kermit The Frog. Or Frodo. Weird.
Books by Howard Zinn | HowardZinn.org

Oh I don't doubt there is a Zinn, I just hadn't heard of him and am not really interested in reading about him.

I think the United States is sweet like Carnation milk. Not perfect, but has the machinery in place to fix its own flaws.

Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag - Minutemen News

Once again this president does something he has no power to do. If Paul Ryan wasn't such a coward he could do something about this. The pres should have been impeached a long time ago.

Barack Obama does hate America, Barack Obama an evil man, He is destroying America, Is aiding and abetting a Muslim caliphate and as such Is a Traitor, he is a Communist, and should be considered a terrorist by every traditional American of sound mind.

For instance, throughout his presidency he has rightfully earned the tittle
of - America's Best Gun Salesman -. It is this accomplishment that
history will most fondly remember him.
Ban the loser flag where? Wal Mart?

Once again this president does something he has no power to do. If Paul Ryan wasn't such a coward he could do something about this. The pres should have been impeached a long time ago.

Barack Obama does hate America, Barack Obama an evil man, He is destroying America, Is aiding and abetting a Muslim caliphate and as such Is a Traitor, he is a Communist, and should be considered a terrorist by every traditional American of sound mind.

Ban the loser flag where? Wal Mart?

They'd lose half their business.

The US government is removing, 150 years later, the battle flag of the traitors to the nation? And they have a problem with this?

It would appear losing, after causing 650,000 deaths, has a price. The confederate states of dipshittia should have thought of the consequences before starting it. They're lucky they weren't made to take down every confederate flag in 1865 and eat them.

Non issue.
Next the alt-Rights would be upset if the President also banned the flying of the Nazi flag in National cemetaries. At least the Nazi flag represented something (bad) that lasted twice as long as the loser Con-federate flag.

well if, IF, this is true, it's a clear violation of his oath to uphold the Constitution.
How so? Did you read the article? FWIW, I think it will be struck down in court, but the President does have authority over government facilities. Just how much remains to be determined.
The article is bullshit! there was NO executive order! Provide the number of the order! It is a typical Right-wing lie parroted by morons

Executive Orders
FALSE: Obama Bans Confederate Flag Through Executive Order
The story is a hoax.

It was not all about slavery. Lincoln even said as much. It was a constitutional crisis. "Could the states leave the Union after ratification? Was it a binding contract?" Slavery was put into the popular history after communist Carl Sandburg wrote his biography of Lincoln.
The south seceded to preserve the institution of slavery......one of the most despicable nations ever formed in history
I thought, according to liberals like Howard Zinn the United States was the most despicable nation ever formed.

So you judge a hundred million people by Howard Zinn whoever in the hell that is. Why not use Kermit The Frog. Or Frodo. Weird.
Books by Howard Zinn | HowardZinn.org

Oh I don't doubt there is a Zinn, I just hadn't heard of him and am not really interested in reading about him.

I think the United States is sweet like Carnation milk. Not perfect, but has the machinery in place to fix its own flaws.
Agreed.

You know, if after the civil war started the entire south had said "we don't care about slaves, here we are freeing them all right now" I would say yes they were fighting for something more noble than defending an economy built on slavery. They didn't and they weren't. Read up on how blacks fighting for the North were treated when captured by southern soldiers. Think Isis.

England or any other foreign entity is a Red Herring and not worthy of comment.
The U.S. was founded by liberals.

The confederacy was formed to ensure they could maintain four million people in slavery in perpetuity
The United States was founded by white, property owning, slave owning, males, who were normal for their time.
You talking about slave rapers?

I have a question for liberals. If the war was about slavery, how come 250,000 men who didn't own slaves lost their lives fighting for the handful who did? Why would anyone do that? Does that make sense? Not everyone was a slave owner, in fact by all means most people didn't own any slaves. So why would so many risk their lives to fight for someone's right to own something they didn't even have?

I won't comment on Obama banning anything because I don't believe it, but I'd love to discuss the true history of the civil war.
Because they were RW idiots who got suckered into fighting FOR the slaveholders who ran the government of the South.......

For people who don't like Muslims, their forebears sure brought a lot of them to our shores. Fifteen to thirty percent of the male slaves to the US were Muslim.
As were those fellow Africans (Muslims?) who enslaved them and sold them to Dutch, Portugese and Arab (Muslim) traders, who in turn sold them to Western slave dealers.

Slavery is endemic to the Muslim culture and continues to this day in some parts of their world, the Sudan for one prime example. There a healthy young male can be purchased today for about a thousand U.S. dollars.

That's a pretty good reason to not like Muslims -- and there are more.

They fired on a United States fort. The Confederate commanding officer that gave the command to fire on Fort Sumter was a junior officer under the command of the Union commander in Fort Sumter. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what your enemies do. The mechanisms were in place in the democracy for them to attempt to vote their views into law, which they did up until the late 1850's. But when they weren't getting their way anymore they decided this form of government isn't for us.
That's called rebellion, not betrayal.

If they did it on behalf of, or in collusion with, a foreign entity, then it would be treachery. But they didn't, so it wasn't.

The US government is removing, 150 years later, the battle flag of the traitors to the nation? And they have a problem with this?

It would appear losing, after causing 650,000 deaths, has a price. The confederate states of dipshittia should have thought of the consequences before starting it. They're lucky they weren't made to take down every confederate flag in 1865 and eat them.

Non issue.

It's unfortunate that our education system does not teach freedom of speech is.

If it did, we would not have posts like this.

Nobody living fought in that war.

Are you telling me I should not be allowed to fly the flags of Germany, Japan, or Italy ?

The U.S. was founded by liberals.

The confederacy was formed to ensure they could maintain four million people in slavery in perpetuity
The United States was founded by white, property owning, slave owning, males, who were normal for their time.
You talking about slave rapers?
So you look to bitch at what happens 200 years ago. Typical ,libetal fuck face. He pal....livin in the greatest nation ever created.....hey crybaby....that's tha Dream...America can give my family a chance...NOT..."hey let's go fucking work the U.S. government, work there, my wife,she drop baby there, Americans pay for it.

Non issue.
These men stood side by side and fought and died for their nation and what they felt were their constitutional rights. Guess we must ban British flag from graves in USA of those troops who died in Revolutionary War and War of 1812. Great Britain did not ban slavery until 1831. Guess British flag is a symbol of hate?

Yes, they died for THEIR NATION and rights granted to them under the confederate constitution. Once they seceded, they gave up US citizenship. We owe them nothing!

Keeping focus on your analogy entailing burial of British troops in the USA from the revolutionary War era, I have visited several national cemeteries including Arlington and never saw British flags. I don't think any British soldiers are buried in national cemeteries. Correct me if I am wrong, with a link of course.

The confederate flag only flew for about four years. The flag that flew from the stern of slave ships for around two hundred years was the Union Jack, the French and Spanish flags and of course a version of Old Glory. Is the president ready to ban all flags and allow only the United Nations flag to wave over the land of the free and home of the brave? I wouldn't doubt it.
You have lost sight of the major point. The rebel flag is not banned. It has just been removed from prominent display on national monuments and in national cemeteries. You can place all those other flags you mentioned on your lawn right beside your confederate flags. Old glory with 50 stars is a different flag than the one used on slave ships.

Non issue.

It's unfortunate that our education system does not teach freedom of speech is.

If it did, we would not have posts like this.

Nobody living fought in that war.

Are you telling me I should not be allowed to fly the flags of Germany, Japan, or Italy ?

Where in the article are you prevented from flying a flag.

Yes enlighten the masses with your incredible mental presence svengali.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
don't celebrate tyranny that you like and get pissed when it happens to something you support.

mmkay
Removing the Rebel Battle flag from national cemeteries isn' tyranny. It is sad enough that my tax dollars are spent on maintaining the graves of gray coat traitors and murderers interned there. The removal of those offensive flags is long over due and never should have been allowed in the first place.
You are fortunate that we allow you to keep headstones with confederate symbols on them intact. I hope they take them down too.
says the guy getting the tyranny he wants.

hypocrites, that's the entire base of the left

For people who don't like Muslims, their forebears sure brought a lot of them to our shores. Fifteen to thirty percent of the male slaves to the US were Muslim.
As were those fellow Africans (Muslims?) who enslaved them and sold them to Dutch, Portugese and Arab (Muslim) traders, who in turn sold them to Western slave dealers.

Slavery is endemic to the Muslim culture and continues to this day in some parts of their world, the Sudan for one prime example. There a healthy young male can be purchased today for about a thousand U.S. dollars.

That's a pretty good reason to not like Muslims -- and there are more.
The first players in the supply chain were mainly African warlords. They did the capturing and delivered the survivors to the buyers. I don't know the religious preferences of the African slavers. The buyers were primarily European, so it would be safe to say they were probably Christian.

Predominately Muslim areas weren't immune from slaver attacks. Historians know where the slaves were taken from and therefore can estimate the percentage that were likely of the Muslim faith.

Forum List

Back