Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young illegals

The president has the authority to direct his agencies how he sees fit, so long as he is not ordering them to engage in illegal activity. Not doing their job is not illegal, negligent and harmful yeah, but not illegal.
How is handing out green cards by executive fiat telling agencies not to do their jobs?

This is plain old usurpation of the entire immigration process by edict....Exactly the kind of thing that caused the original revolt.

I agree that what he's doing is the highest order of bullshit, but he has the authority to do it.

Don't like it, vote for someone that won't continue or expand this whole "executive order" crap. By the way, that means not voting for Romney.
He doesn't have the authority to re-write immigration policy by decree, ferchrissakes!

Yay for the reporter who shouted the question "why do you favor foreign workers over Americans" he pissed that old obama off but good..

Neil Munroe from the Daily Caller :clap2::clap2:

Obama just walked off without answering questions about American workers and the unemployment rate.

Very entertaining.

All politics. Must be an election year.

He DID answer the him before the guy took off running with Secret Service on his heels. He was just a mitt plant.

Speaking of mitt, this will now force him to actually make some sort of statement about illegal immigration. So far, all I've heard him mumble is "blah blah self deport blah blah".

Typical R - won't address the real issue but I'll bet he'll whine about this.

Agreed, it should be thrown out. But whether or not the SCotUS is skewed, I'll leave that up to the partisan and ideological hacks to duke it out on that one.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you put yourself on the Left/Right spectrum? I ask only because I would have guessed you're a hard-Right kinda guy, but I've not seen one single Conservative actually admit that SB1070 should be struck down.

I hate labels. It distracts intellectual thought and drives people to assume all sorts of things about you. Where I sit on any given issue is determined solely on that individual issue.

However, if I must, I would be closer to libertarian than anything else.

Thank you for answering. Like I said, it was more just out of shock that someone right of me would actually admit that the bill in AZ is wrong and should be tossed out on its ass.

Yay for the reporter who shouted the question "why do you favor foreign workers over Americans" he pissed that old obama off but good..

Yes! Yay for clearly partisan attacks from reporters! Yay for pushing rhetoric into the story instead of maybe just asking why he's doing this.

I'll never understand why Conservatives are so upset by getting more people to pay into the system. Stupes.

Yes! Yay for clearly partisan attacks from reporters! Yay for pushing rhetoric into the story instead of maybe just asking why he's doing this.

I'll never understand why Conservatives are so upset by getting more people to pay into the system. Stupes.

he's doing this to buy votes, are you stupid or what?

so you in fact favor foreign workers over Americans,, that's so damn bright with our unemployment at 8.2% what a fucking asshole you are.

The president has the authority to direct his agencies how he sees fit, so long as he is not ordering them to engage in illegal activity. Not doing their job is not illegal, negligent and harmful yeah, but not illegal.
How is handing out green cards by executive fiat telling agencies not to do their jobs?

This is plain old usurpation of the entire immigration process by edict....Exactly the kind of thing that caused the original revolt.

I agree that what he's doing is the highest order of bullshit, but he has the authority to do it.

Don't like it, vote for someone that won't continue or expand this whole "executive order" crap. By the way, that means not voting for Romney.

Actually it means vote for Romney, because voting for anyone else means more of this bullshit is yet to come.

"An executive order in the United States is a directive issued by the President, the head of the executive branch of the federal government. In other countries, similar edicts may be known as decrees, or orders-in-council. Executive orders may also be issued at the state level by a state's Governor. U.S. Presidents have issued executive orders since 1789, usually to help direct the operation of executive officers. Some orders do have the force of law when made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, when those acts give the President discretionary powers."

From wiki. He can do it. But is taking a chance. So far all amnesty has hurt any President who gives into it. And people are sick of being promised tighter borders if we just give amnesty one more time.

"An executive order in the United States is a directive issued by the President, the head of the executive branch of the federal government. In other countries, similar edicts may be known as decrees, or orders-in-council. Executive orders may also be issued at the state level by a state's Governor. U.S. Presidents have issued executive orders since 1789, usually to help direct the operation of executive officers. Some orders do have the force of law when made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, when those acts give the President discretionary powers."

From wiki. He can do it. But is taking a chance. So far all amnesty has hurt any President who gives into it. And people are sick of being promised tighter borders if we just give amnesty one more time.

Well he has done it:

DREAM Act stalled, Obama halts deportations for young illegal immigrants - CSMonitor.com

I do think it demonstrates a continuance of his tone-deafness so far this election cycle.

The Constitution of the United States and the Rule of Law were thrown out the window this morning in pursuit of Obama's re election. Obama just created 800,000 anchor babies with his rule by fiat.
"All Hail Caesar!"
He had, berfore his exutive fiat, before sidestepping the Congress and the Constitution, a fifty-fifty chance of gaining re election. He probably has less than that probability of surviving his second term, should he gain one by his actions.
"Et tu Brute?"

Obama just walked off without answering questions about American workers and the unemployment rate.

Very entertaining.

All politics. Must be an election year.

He DID answer the him before the guy took off running with Secret Service on his heels. He was just a mitt plant.

Speaking of mitt, this will now force him to actually make some sort of statement about illegal immigration. So far, all I've heard him mumble is "blah blah self deport blah blah".

Typical R - won't address the real issue but I'll bet he'll whine about this.

I don't have your short attention span.

I remember the debate being taken up by the right and Democrats sitting on the sidelines. Obama was asked to address the issue and said "I'm not going to bother with immigration till 2011."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back