Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young illegals

This is very true. And also why AZ SB1070 should be tossed on its fucking ass. But won't be...because the SCOTUS is SKEWEDUS.

Agreed, it should be thrown out. But whether or not the SCotUS is skewed, I'll leave that up to the partisan and ideological hacks to duke it out on that one.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you put yourself on the Left/Right spectrum? I ask only because I would have guessed you're a hard-Right kinda guy, but I've not seen one single Conservative actually admit that SB1070 should be struck down.

I hate labels. It distracts intellectual thought and drives people to assume all sorts of things about you. Where I sit on any given issue is determined solely on that individual issue.

However, if I must, I would be closer to libertarian than anything else.

What is this going to do to the UE figures once hundreds of thousands of eligible "workers" enter the legal workforce?

No surprise, this is who he is in all its splendor. He wants to make the laws not follow them or allow a duly elected congress do what is called for in the consittution.

Unfortunately that can't be taken into consideration. It's worse than a slippery slope, it's a slippery cliff. Let any illegal immigrant stay for any reason and you will open the flood gates for it to happen en-mass. Any illegal immigrant caught inside the US should be deported. Whether or not they should be fined or jailed depends on the individual situation. If we are that worried about the children then waive the fine and jail time for the parents and send them home in a nice comfy bus.

This is my second choice of action though. My first choice would be to take away everything that draws them here (jobs, homes, welfare, ect.) and watch them leave of their own accord.
It's even worse than that....This is ruling by decree.

Because he can.. He's going around the obstruction, filibuster, inactivity and enacting policy which is his option.

That power comes from where??

I keep looking.. just don't see it

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Article2

Last edited:
Obozo announced today that he (not congress) is passing the DREAM Act and giving amnesty to millions of young illegals in america. He's doing this by saying he will simply refuse to enforce laws passed by congress that make it a crime to be in america illegally.!!!

The constitution says the president "shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed".

Reagan granted amnesty to millions of illegals in 1986 and that was a huge blunder but at least he did it thru congress.

As I understand it, his Executive Order does not grant citizenship or an easier road to it. It simply says that these illegals that have been here for a long time with their parents will not be sent home. There's a difference between that and automatic citizenship.

Unfortunately that can't be taken into consideration. It's worse than a slippery slope, it's a slippery cliff. Let any illegal immigrant stay for any reason and you will open the flood gates for it to happen en-mass. Any illegal immigrant caught inside the US should be deported. Whether or not they should be fined or jailed depends on the individual situation. If we are that worried about the children then waive the fine and jail time for the parents and send them home in a nice comfy bus.

This is my second choice of action though. My first choice would be to take away everything that draws them here (jobs, homes, welfare, ect.) and watch them leave of their own accord.

The president has the authority to direct his agencies how he sees fit, so long as he is not ordering them to engage in illegal activity. Not doing their job is not illegal, negligent and harmful yeah, but not illegal.
How is handing out green cards by executive fiat telling agencies not to do their jobs?

This is plain old usurpation of the entire immigration process by edict....Exactly the kind of thing that caused the original revolt.

Because he can.. He's going around the obstruction, filibuster, inactivity and enacting policy which is his option.
You'd be singing a different tune if this was someone with an (R) by their name and we all know it.

The president has the authority to direct his agencies how he sees fit, so long as he is not ordering them to engage in illegal activity. Not doing their job is not illegal, negligent and harmful yeah, but not illegal.

But what does the LAW state? Can he direct one of his agencies to circumvent the law?

If by ignoring he is circumventing then yes, he can do that. Congress sets the immigration laws, and the president is ultimately in charge of the agency that enforces it.

I've never heard so many pissed off African-American call into Rush before.

Sounds like they're pissed about this.

Rush is probably beside himself. :)

Rush is fielding their calls and for the first time in years getting a chance to hear their concerns without being accused of racism. That's what shocks him.

Obama just walked off without answering questions about American workers and the unemployment rate.

Very entertaining.

All politics. Must be an election year.

'The policy change, described to The Associated Press by two senior administration officials, will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants who have lived in fear of deportation. It also bypasses Congress and partially achieves the goals of the so-called DREAM Act'

Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young | The Daily Caller

I am beginning to hate this would-be asshole tinhat dictator.

Is what he did, legal or illegal? If it's illegal, what law did he break? Is such an action unprecedented?

But what does the LAW state? Can he direct one of his agencies to circumvent the law?

If by ignoring he is circumventing then yes, he can do that. Congress sets the immigration laws, and the president is ultimately in charge of the agency that enforces it.

I see...even if the law states they must be sent back/prosecuted?

the only way that immigration laws can be changed is by an act of Congress.
Yeah, that's why they aren't getting a pass to citizenship, merely work permits and the ability to stop hiding.

If the ignorant racists would stop yammering and start thinking, they would also see that if the etch a sketch gets elected, the Rs will have a written list of all of these people and can gleefully deport them.

Even the president hinted at that fact.

Okay, go back to the ridiculous lies.

800,000 is an inaccurately low number and they are acting like this is kids they are protecting from deportation but it's adults that were brought here illegally as kids.

It won't change anything. They weren't deporting them anyway.

He is totally doing this politically. He doesn't care about illegals or America he cares about himself and votes.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

How is handing out green cards by executive fiat telling agencies not to do their jobs?

This is plain old usurpation of the entire immigration process by edict....Exactly the kind of thing that caused the original revolt.

I agree that what he's doing is the highest order of bullshit, but he has the authority to do it.

Don't like it, vote for someone that won't continue or expand this whole "executive order" crap. By the way, that means not voting for Romney.

Did you see obama blow up at that reporter who asked what effect this was going to have on Americans? Don't question ME!

What a pissant obama is. He's a vile little insect.

The only good part is, it will uptick the unemployment rate. Especially the 25% rate among American teens.

Forum List

Back