Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young illegals

'The policy change, described to The Associated Press by two senior administration officials, will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants who have lived in fear of deportation. It also bypasses Congress and partially achieves the goals of the so-called DREAM Act'

Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young | The Daily Caller

I am beginning to hate this would-be asshole tinhat dictator.

More and more, Obama is going around congress. He seems to feel that elected representatives are irrelevant. He is in charge and doesn't care what congress or the people they answer to think.

I guess he also thinks Americans are all as stupid as his devoted followers. We know these grateful illegals will vote because there is no system in place to stop them or catch them after the fact. Holder continues to fight states, like Florida, who want to update their voter rolls and purge the names of illegals. The feds should be helping all states to do that, not suing them for trying.

Yeah! I hate it when a President goes around the authority of Congress...

reagan.jpg

Really? And so what do you say to all of those people from other countries who are still waiting in line to get in LEGALLY?
We're discussing those who were illegally brought to the United States as children who "lacked the intent to violate the law," and pose few national security risks. In our courts we make a distinction between those who chose to violate our laws and those who had no choice.

Unfortunately that can't be taken into consideration. It's worse than a slippery slope, it's a slippery cliff. Let any illegal immigrant stay for any reason and you will open the flood gates for it to happen en-mass. Any illegal immigrant caught inside the US should be deported. Whether or not they should be fined or jailed depends on the individual situation. If we are that worried about the children then waive the fine and jail time for the parents and send them home in a nice comfy bus.

This is my second choice of action though. My first choice would be to take away everything that draws them here (jobs, homes, welfare, ect.) and watch them leave of their own accord.

:clap2: :eusa_clap:

Does anyone here realize that Obama is breaking the law? He doesn't have the Constitutional authority to do this.

Yes. I am trying to figure out how this fits in with State's Rights... Not very good at all.

It has nothing to do with states rights. The federal government is in control of immigration.

This is very true. And also why AZ SB1070 should be tossed on its fucking ass. But won't be...because the SCOTUS is SKEWEDUS.

This Country is so screwed with this guy in office ,he is a one man wrecking ball on every front........from the financial side to the social side and everything in between.....

true but no one has ever really stepped up on either side regarding the immigration issue. First come, first serve. This country has limited resources.

But Mitt does like to Fire People!

Really? And so what do you say to all of those people from other countries who are still waiting in line to get in LEGALLY?
We're discussing those who were illegally brought to the United States as children who "lacked the intent to violate the law," and pose few national security risks. In our courts we make a distinction between those who chose to violate our laws and those who had no choice.

Unfortunately that can't be taken into consideration. It's worse than a slippery slope, it's a slippery cliff. Let any illegal immigrant stay for any reason and you will open the flood gates for it to happen en-mass. Any illegal immigrant caught inside the US should be deported. Whether or not they should be fined or jailed depends on the individual situation. If we are that worried about the children then waive the fine and jail time for the parents and send them home in a nice comfy bus.

This is my second choice of action though. My first choice would be to take away everything that draws them here (jobs, homes, welfare, ect.) and watch them leave of their own accord.
It's even worse than that....This is ruling by decree.

Yes. I am trying to figure out how this fits in with State's Rights... Not very good at all.

It has nothing to do with states rights. The federal government is in control of immigration.

This is very true. And also why AZ SB1070 should be tossed on its fucking ass. But won't be...because the SCOTUS is SKEWEDUS.

I'm hoping the Supremes allow Arizona to do what the feds have failed at doing.

By the way, why do you have a sig line that is a lie ?

Agreed, it should be thrown out. But whether or not the SCotUS is skewed, I'll leave that up to the partisan and ideological hacks to duke it out on that one.

Chavez must be applauding Obama...

I've never heard so many pissed off African-American call into Rush before.

Sounds like they're pissed about this.

The president has the authority to direct his agencies how he sees fit, so long as he is not ordering them to engage in illegal activity. Not doing their job is not illegal, negligent and harmful yeah, but not illegal.

This Country is so screwed with this guy in office ,he is a one man wrecking ball on every front........from the financial side to the social side and everything in between.....

true but no one has ever really stepped up on either side regarding the immigration issue. First come, first serve. This country has limited resources.

But Mitt does like to Fire People!

Good , then he can fire all those worthless assholes in D.C, anything is better than that terror in there now.....

Agreed, it should be thrown out. But whether or not the SCotUS is skewed, I'll leave that up to the partisan and ideological hacks to duke it out on that one.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you put yourself on the Left/Right spectrum? I ask only because I would have guessed you're a hard-Right kinda guy, but I've not seen one single Conservative actually admit that SB1070 should be struck down.

Obozo announced today that he (not congress) is passing the DREAM Act and giving amnesty to millions of young illegals in america. He's doing this by saying he will simply refuse to enforce laws passed by congress that make it a crime to be in america illegally.!!!

The constitution says the president "shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed".

Reagan granted amnesty to millions of illegals in 1986 and that was a huge blunder but at least he did it thru congress.

Because he can.. He's going around the obstruction, filibuster, inactivity and enacting policy which is his option.

The president has the authority to direct his agencies how he sees fit, so long as he is not ordering them to engage in illegal activity. Not doing their job is not illegal, negligent and harmful yeah, but not illegal.

But what does the LAW state? Can he direct one of his agencies to circumvent the law?

Forum List

Back