🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama Commissioned Study Proves Gun Control Doesn't Work

Gun control sure worked well for these folks? :cuckoo:

-Geaux

Dictators and Gun Control | America In Chains

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country.”
- Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942

Joseph Stalin - Promoted Gun Control
“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.”
- Joseph Stalin

The measures adopted to restore public order are: First of all, the elimination of the so-called subversive elements. … They were elements of disorder and subversion. On the morrow of each conflict I gave the categorical order to confiscate the largest possible number of weapons of every sort and kind. This confiscation, which continues with the utmost energy, has given satisfactory results.”
- Benito Mussolini, address to the Italian Senate, 1931

“I did not join the resistance movement to kill people, to kill the nation. Look at me now. Am I a savage person? My conscience is clear.”
- Pol Pot

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. Between 1975 and 19793, 2,035,000 “educated” people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

During the short four years of its rule in Cambodia, Pol Pot’s Khmer Rouge government murdered over 31 percent of the entire Cambodian population.

Gun control sure worked well for these folks? :cuckoo:

-Geaux

Dictators and Gun Control | America In Chains

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country.”
- Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942

Joseph Stalin - Promoted Gun Control
“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.”
- Joseph Stalin

The measures adopted to restore public order are: First of all, the elimination of the so-called subversive elements. … They were elements of disorder and subversion. On the morrow of each conflict I gave the categorical order to confiscate the largest possible number of weapons of every sort and kind. This confiscation, which continues with the utmost energy, has given satisfactory results.”
- Benito Mussolini, address to the Italian Senate, 1931

“I did not join the resistance movement to kill people, to kill the nation. Look at me now. Am I a savage person? My conscience is clear.”
- Pol Pot

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. Between 1975 and 19793, 2,035,000 “educated” people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

During the short four years of its rule in Cambodia, Pol Pot’s Khmer Rouge government murdered over 31 percent of the entire Cambodian population.

ask the defenseless Coptic Christians in Egypt caught in a catch-22

if they defend themselves against the terrorists they are accused

of inciting violence against Muslims

Obama commissioned a study in hopes that it would support the liberal effort to control guns. He must have been horribly disappointed when the study proved otherwise.

Here are some things discovered by the study:

Mass murders declined over the years and only accounted for a fraction of all deaths by murder. We know that more people are murdered in one year in Chicago than by mass murderers in the last 30 years. I am not minimizing the trauma suffered by those killed, but we need to be thankful that mass murder is so rare. Using school shootings as a reason for gun control is just exploiting the tragedies.

Suicide by fire arms account for a large percent of deaths by shooting. If a person is determined to commit suicide, there are countless methods, so lack of a gun would not make much of a difference.

Defense is as common as offense. People defending themselves from a murderer is as common as people being murdered.

Accidental shootings account for only 1% of accidental deaths. It's easy to say that even one accidental death is too many and you'd be right, however, no amount of laws will ever prevent this as long as people remain human.

Without areas of restricted gun use, the U.S. is normal compared to other countries. Interesting that if you exclude figures for Illinois, California, New Jersey and Washington, D.C., the homicide rate in the U.S. is about the same as other countries. Looks like the places with stricter gun control are the same places that bring murder rates in the U.S. way up.

Criminals are not affected by laws. Most obtain their weapons from underground operations.

Gun control just isn't effective. Increased background checks and restrictions showed mixed results. Turn-in programs are ineffective in reducing crimes. Many of the guns turned in were broken and couldn't be used anyway.

Gun control would result in even more deaths each year. Looks like some liberal politicians could seriously reduce the murder rate by guns in their cities by removing some restrictions. Wonder if they value life enough to actually make the right call. As it is, gun laws merely provide a feeling of safety for criminals who want to kill, not die because their intended victim is armed.

Meanwhile, knives remain the weapon of choice. Studies have shown that women are more likely to comply with a criminal holding a knife, while they are less frightened of a criminal with a gun. Getting stabbed is more deadly. It's hard to shoot a moving target and people can survive a gun shot wound more often than stab wounds. Has the left shown concern for the number of people stabbed to death each year? No, that doesn't fit in anywhere with their agenda. They want control over people. People with knives are defenseless against armed drones and private armies of the president. People with guns scare the shit out of them because you cannot control a populace that has freedom and liberty and no intention of giving it up.

Government being afraid of the people means freedom and liberty for the people. People afraid of government means tyranny and oppression. We know the left prefers to be dictated over (or more like being the dictators), but real Americans like freedom and liberty.

7 Findings From a Study Obama Commissioned That Prove His Gun Control Agenda Won't Work

7 Findings From a Study Obama Commissioned That Prove His Gun Control Agenda Won't Work | Independent Journal Review | Page 8

i posted the study yesterday no lefties commented on it

maybe you will have better luck

--LOL

I must have missed it, but I really don't give a damn what the bed wetters would regurgitate. I'm sure they'll pluck something off the democrook underground before long, and it will be painfully stupid as always.

Obama commissioned a study in hopes that it would support the liberal effort to control guns. He must have been horribly disappointed when the study proved otherwise.

Mass murders declined over the years and only accounted for a fraction of all deaths by murder. We know that more people are murdered in one year in Chicago than by mass murderers in the last 30 years. I am not minimizing the trauma suffered by those killed, but we need to be thankful that mass murder is so rare. Using school shootings as a reason for gun control is just exploiting the tragedies.

Suicide by fire arms account for a large percent of deaths by shooting. If a person is determined to commit suicide, there are countless methods, so lack of a gun would not make much of a difference.

Defense is as common as offense. People defending themselves from a murderer is as common as people being murdered.

Accidental shootings account for only 1% of accidental deaths. It's easy to say that even one accidental death is too many and you'd be right, however, no amount of laws will ever prevent this as long as people remain human.

Without areas of restricted gun use, the U.S. is normal compared to other countries. Interesting that if you exclude figures for Illinois, California, New Jersey and Washington, D.C., the homicide rate in the U.S. is about the same as other countries. Looks like the places with stricter gun control are the same places that bring murder rates in the U.S. way up.

Criminals are not affected by laws. Most obtain their weapons from underground operations.

Gun control just isn't effective. Increased background checks and restrictions showed mixed results. Turn-in programs are ineffective in reducing crimes. Many of the guns turned in were broken and couldn't be used anyway.

Gun control would result in even more deaths each year. Looks like some liberal politicians could seriously reduce the murder rate by guns in their cities by removing some restrictions. Wonder if they value life enough to actually make the right call. As it is, gun laws merely provide a feeling of safety for criminals who want to kill, not die because their intended victim is armed.

Meanwhile, knives remain the weapon of choice. Studies have shown that women are more likely to comply with a criminal holding a knife, while they are less frightened of a criminal with a gun. Getting stabbed is more deadly. It's hard to shoot a moving target and people can survive a gun shot wound more often than stab wounds. Has the left shown concern for the number of people stabbed to death each year? No, that doesn't fit in anywhere with their agenda. They want control over people. People with knives are defenseless against armed drones and private armies of the president. People with guns scare the shit out of them because you cannot control a populace that has freedom and liberty and no intention of giving it up.

Government being afraid of the people means freedom and liberty for the people. People afraid of government means tyranny and oppression. We know the left prefers to be dictated over (or more like being the dictators), but real Americans like freedom and liberty.

7 Findings From a Study Obama Commissioned That Prove His Gun Control Agenda Won't Work

7 Findings From a Study Obama Commissioned That Prove His Gun Control Agenda Won't Work | Independent Journal Review | Page 8

i posted the study yesterday no lefties commented on it

maybe you will have better luck

--LOL

I must have missed it, but I really don't give a damn what the bed wetters would regurgitate. I'm sure they'll pluck something off the democrook underground before long, and it will be painfully stupid as always.

you can bank on it

But don't forget that two thirds of ALL gun related deaths are suicide with most being by white guys in Red States.

And we all know that most mass murderers are white and probably Republican.

But don't forget that two thirds of ALL gun related deaths are suicide with most being by white guys in Red States.

BFD

Doesn't effect me

-Geaux

BFD

Doesn't effect me

-Geaux

i do not believe that they reject suicide as long as it is assisted

at a hefty price tag and the decision made by others

Gun control is extremely effective when you remove all guns from society. This is a very simple concept. The problem is that we will never do this, therefore, gun control cannot be effective if people can still attain guns outside of areas covered by gun control. People living in Chicago are not protected by gun control laws because anyone can go to Indiana to buy a gun. Hell, they can just buy one on the streets if they look hard enough. It's not like they're not available.

By that reasoning wouldn't the crime rate in Indiana be as high or higher than Chicago?
Oops.

Gun control is extremely effective when you have a nation of sheep who are willing to give up their guns. This is a very simple concept. The problem is that, other than libs, we are not a nation of sheep.

But that is the goal - nation of sheep.

ATTENTION: The source linked in the OP is the biggest bunch of bullshit propaganda spin I've ever seen.

They cherry-pick lines out of the study and assign new conclusions to them, ignoring the conclusion in the study.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG....

As usual, Philbert doesn't dispute the information but attempts to discredit the article based on the politics of the author. The tactic is no more valid than me claiming that everything President obama says is a lie because he is a Progressive.

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

However, the scarcity of research on firearm-related violence limits policy makers' ability to propose evidence-based policies that reduce injuries and deaths and maximize safety while recognizing Second Amendment rights.

except that the wide CDC research shows consistently that gun-control does not work - so there is no need in proposing more policies.

They do not work.

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

However, the scarcity of research on firearm-related violence limits policy makers' ability to propose evidence-based policies that reduce injuries and deaths and maximize safety while recognizing Second Amendment rights.

except that the wide CDC research shows consistently that gun-control does not work - so there is no need in proposing more policies.

They do not work.

Except that's not at all what the CDC link states. Do you read the shit you post?

Taken directly from your own link.

The Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws or combinations of laws reviewed on violent outcomes. (Note that insufficient evidence to determine effectiveness should not be interpreted as evidence of ineffectiveness.)

You must have missed the long list of black mass murderers that has been posted a dozen times.

I would also appreciate it if you would post voter registration data for mass murderers over the last 20 years. Better yet, STFU.

They do not work.

Except that's not at all what the CDC link states. Do you read the shit you post?

except that it is a PREFACE to the CDC study which you did not read :lol: which is no wonder, because CDC study ( not a preface) shows that gun control policies DO NOT WORK :D

They do not work.

The Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws or combinations of laws reviewed on violent outcomes. (Note that insufficient evidence to determine effectiveness should not be interpreted as evidence of ineffectiveness.)

We've had minimally over 40 years of gun control (since GCA of 1968) with some experience going back over 100 years. And that isn't enough evidence? What they mean is, There isn't enough evidence to support our view that we need more gun control.
Gun control-another liberal failure.

It is clearly stated that gun control does not work - in any form :D

6.png

Last edited:
And there it is. Which is, of course, no surprise to anyone with half a functioning brain. In NY, Cuomo passed legislation curtailing ammunition in long guns, which is not an evidence based policy to strike at gun violence. it's simply feel good "hey! Look how good I did" bullshit that is typical of politicians.

Hopefully they can all shut their fucking pie hole regarding 2nd A. infringements for the time being now that it's public mknowlwedge that they can not legilate a solution to gun violence.

Forum List

Back