Obama Creates an Education Office for Blacks...Discrimination Much???

When there is obvious discrimination in the administration, it is not whining. All races have students that need a helping hand and that helping hand is already present in the Department of Education. If it isn't working, see Arne Duncan and if necessary, pull your Chicago pal.

The third paragraph:

However, substantial obstacles to equal educational opportunity still remain in America's educational system. African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education. African American student achievement not only lags behind that of their domestic peers by an average of two grade levels, but also behind students in almost every other developed nation. Over a third of African American students do not graduate from high school on time with a regular high school diploma, and only four percent of African American high school graduates interested in college are college-ready across a range of subjects. An even greater number of African American males do not graduate with a regular high school diploma, and African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration.

It sounds like like someone isn't studying, doesn't it? Sounds like they don't try. Sounds like they have to take some responsibility for their own actions somewhere along the line.

No number of programs are going to help someone who is determined to get something for nothing.

We have Title I that helps disadvantaged youth in school. Why aren't they taking advantage of that? Why aren't the parents taking responsibility for their own kids?

IMHO, Jackson, you highlighted the wrong portion.

It's THIS sentence rubs me the wrong way:

**African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools,**

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I would say chauvinism. Or just favouritism, or partisanism. This move is about favouring blacks not about "down with whitey".

Having said that, I don't think it's a good move for Obama. If it was a "minority" outreach sort of thing, that would be better. I don't think singling out one racial group is smart.

"Minority" isn't better either. Disadvantaged youth come in all colors.

Good point. Disadvantaged would be the better approach.

Yes, but a special department catering specifically to disadvantaged black children is racist and discriminatory.

OP? Yup, there's plenty of discrimination- that's why blacks need all the help they can get. Just check some of the RW idiots on here.

Thanks for the depression and the total obstruction and fear mongering...

Keep on topic. Do you think it's fair having a Black Depart of Education when their are other races suffering from the same ills that the black student suffers from? Why not include them? What have a Department of Education singling out ONE RACE?

This is just racism, plain and simple. We already have a Department of Education that is supposed to be directing the education of all students, races, colors and impediments they face.

I think the office that Obama is suggesting is under the DoE. It is not an entire department that acts on its own.

In any case, is it not better for this office to serve all children that may possess a disadvantage to obtaining higher education? That, I believe, is a better focus for an education intiative on Obama's part.
And, constitutional.

I mean, he is a 'constitutional scholar', right? And, the Constitution prohibits discrimination based on race, for example, right?

His being a "constitutional scholar" is either a total, flat-out lie, or implies that he is 100% clearly aware that what he's doing is wrong, constitutionally speaking. He's shitting all over the Constitution because no one with the authority to do so is calling his racist, hating ass to heel. It is inherent that we make his promise of being a one-term president come true this November.

OP? Yup, there's plenty of discrimination- that's why blacks need all the help they can get. Just check some of the RW idiots on here.

aannddd PROOF that liberals think blacks can't make it on their own.

funny thing is, he doesn't even realize what a pile of shit he is twards minorities.

Cmon cons let me hear you say it was a level playing field before affirmative action. Go head. Lol!

Or let me hear you say now blacks have the upper hand.

If you can't say either of these, you're whining for nothing.

How do you think blacks have the upper hand. Obviously, they're too stupid or lazy or uninspired to do anything without some extra help. Upper hand...not likely.

Cmon cons let me hear you say it was a level playing field before affirmative action. Go head. Lol!

How do you think blacks have the upper hand. Obviously, they're too stupid or lazy or uninspired to do anything without some extra help. Upper hand...not likely.

So what are you complaining about then?

we shouldn't have to spend XTRA money to get them inspired. can't we tax their cocaine sales or sumpin?

"Yeah they need help from liberals to build awesome cities like Detroit and Oakland, there isnt a republican near those places.....go ahead and make your escuses.

funny thing is, he doesn't even realize what a pile of shit he is twards minorities.

Did you not receive an education?

no he never knew the treaty for the Russo-Japanese war was the key to ending World War 2, 40 years later....how can you put a price on that kind of stupidity?

no he never knew the treaty for the Russo-Japanese war was the key to ending World War 2, 40 years later....how can you put a price on that kind of stupidity?
We would have won anyway with the A-bomb.

we shouldn't have to spend XTRA money to get them inspired. can't we tax their cocaine sales or sumpin?

It's not to get them inspired it's to level the playing field...mad? Get a pint of chunky monkey and cry about it.

whites-only-sign-i4282.jpg

Last edited:
The gov't under Papa Obama coordinating efforts to
make sure black youth are better educated

Indeed what could go wrong with that
:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtGr1JFCnE]Obama Youth Brigade March in Formation - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back