Obama Declares War on Cancer

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Does no one know that Nixon already did that rediculus declaration of war on a non war? It's as if now that Obama has proven himself to be Carter II, now he wants to be Nixon II.

Government declares War on Poverty: We get a lot more poverty.
Government declares War on Illiteracy: We get a lot more illiteracy.
Government declares War on Drugs: We get a lot more drugs.
Government declares War on Terror: We get a lot more terror.
Government declares War on Cancer: Oh, crap. I see where this is going...

There is a war on cancer if you or someone close to you has had it. My Dad died of cancer.

KMA Weatherdolt.

:fu:

Does no one know that Nixon already did that rediculus declaration of war on a non war? It's as if now that Obama has proven himself to be Carter II, now he wants to be Nixon II.

do you get the blue pill or the red pill obama once declared

instead of the needed surgery

There is a war on cancer if you or someone close to you has had it. My Dad died of cancer.

KMA Weatherdolt.

That has to be the dumbest logic I've seen.

really?

you get cancer and tell your Dr. you want him to let you lose the battle for your life.

RW's are total idiots.
You need someone in DC to tell you cancer is bad and should be addressed.
Thanks for validating how the left are sheep who swoon at meaningless feel good words.

KMA Weatherdolt.

That has to be the dumbest logic I've seen.

really?

you get cancer and tell your Dr. you want him to let you lose the battle for your life.

RW's are total idiots.

After seeing what my dad went thru from cancer treatment, she said exactly that.

When she found out it was terminal, she refused treatment and spent the last 8 month of her life on hospice care, and a morphine drip.

I figured he'd had that cured by now. I would think all he need do is lay his hands on the person. He is sent to us from the heavens above, right?

Leave the poor guy alone----he was desperate to come up with some NON CONTROVERSIAL "cause"

Since he said that, I've kinda been expecting conservatives to come out in favor of cancer.

I'm all for a war on cancer. who in their right mind isn't. that disease fucking sucks. I used to be amazed that we hadn't made more progress on this.

Now I'm not. Big Pharma is a cesspool. I'm convinced they don't want to cure cancer. The billions they would lose would give their execs ulcers.

Pharma is not not the biggest problem I see here, however, aside from the disease itself.

I have seen people play with the financing for these sorts of programs to the point that the vast majority of the money allocated via grant or whatever doesn't even go to the actual research. It is chewed up by overhead charges and other categories that, while within the rules, gobble up the millions. One university I worked with claimed a 300% overhead rate. I other words for every 4 dollars they got, 3 went to Overhead and 1 dollar to funding the actual people and equipment doing the research.

It's disgusting and is placing a major drag on this. Millions upon millions a year go to 'research' but a great deal of it never goes to research at all. If it did, this disease, and many others I am sure, would be much further along than it is in terms of finding actual cures.

Like a lot of things, the research system is often abused. The pigs are at the trough just as much as anyplace else that millions are floating around.

But all of that aside I can think of worse places to decide to focus than cancer. That one's a real bitch and touches nearly all of us in one way or another. Just an incremental step would be nice to see. Something that's not a pill that slows symptoms. Something like gene therapy or jacking with the proteins so that these things die or stop replicating, not a band-aid, something that actually knocks it back.

And cancer is shaking... Lol
Barry is a sorry sack of shit.

Forum List

Back