Obama Ditches Thatcher Funeral

Yet another tacky, unstatesmanlike performance from The Won. Neither he nor any active member of his administration will attend Thatcher's funeral. It's a state occasion, given that the Queen is participating. So much for our "special relationship".

Maybe he'll send the family an ipod with some of his speeches as a consolation prize.

I'll also note that the terrorist attack in Benghazi didn't prevent Obama from flying off to Las Vegas for a fundraiser the next day.

Friends and allies of Baroness Thatcher expressed 'surprise and disappointment' last night as it emerged President Obama is not planning to send any serving member of his administration to her funeral.

Whitehall sources have revealed that the US delegation at tomorrow's service in St Paul's Cathedral will be led by two Reagan era secretaries of state: James Baker and George Shultz.

Though President Obama himself had not been expected to attend, there had been speculation that he would be represented either by Vice President Joe Biden or wife Michelle. However, the Obama administration had said it would not be attending Thatcher's funeral before the Boston bombings

Other world leaders, including Canada's Stephen Harper, Mario Monti of Italy and Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk, are attending the service in person.

President Obama paid tribute to Lady Thatcher's towering achievements when her death was announced last week.

But a US embassy spokesman confirmed that no serving member of his administration would be present to pay their last respects, citing a busy week in US domestic politics.

Former US vice president Dick Cheney and ex-secretary of state Henry Kissinger will attend the funeral, Downing Street said today...

Margaret Thatcher funeral: President Obama won't send envoy - and leaves it to her old allies from Reagan era | Mail Online

And why wouldn't he?

Because he's President and British is a major U.S. ally. Anyone with a sense of history, a shred of decency, and an understanding of national security and diplomacy groks why the respectful and proper thing to do would be to have official representation at the funeral.

and yet if he would have went.....i bet there would be threads about him going while this attack thing was happening.....just sayin....

Of course there would have been. So what?
Our president (no matter who holds the position) will get criticized no matter what they do. So IMHO they should just do what they feel is the right thing and forget about the noise.

In this case, I could understand POTUS himself canceling due to the bombing. But that decision was made prior to the bombing. I think even after the bombing that someone should be there. I'd like my nation represented by someone who currently represents my nation - regardless of her current approval ratings.

Last edited:
President ignores Boston crisis takes vacation trip to Thatcher funeral.

They were ready either way. Or how about: President can't be bothered about Thatcher funeral-sends Biden.

He probably should have sent Biden, but face it Thatcher's entire social philosophy of rejecting any social compact of citizens caring for one another is contrary to his, even the reaction to her rule in Britian was to elect new Labour to an unprecidented term in office.

her own people dont like her folks

Indeed.

Thatcher divides in death as in life - Margaret Thatcher - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Revellers celebrate death of Margaret Thatcher - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
"We've got the bunting out at home," she said.

"I'm from the north, where there were no jobs, where the industry was rapidly disappearing, and her policies ensured it went more quickly."

4617366-3x2-700x467.jpg

Last edited:
I never expected he would. One of the first things he did after gaining access to the oval office was to send Churchills bust back to England. - Jeri

You have got to be fucking kidding me. That meme has been debunked every which way from sundown. here...Let me google that for you

One simply cannot have enough busts of Churchill. It's true. No one disputes this. One's good. Two are better. And three would be a hat trick.

I wouldnt expect him to go, but this is an event the VP position was designed for. Just ship Biden to it.

An honorable President would go but there is nothing honorable about Mr. Obama. He is a serial liar. Imo.

-Jeremiah
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm sure Obama will cry when he reads that.

Maybe you could talk Dubya into going.

He is going.

Tony Blair And George Bush To Be Reunited At Margaret Thatcher's Funeral

This was one of obama's very pointed exhibitions of contempt for Britian. He wasn't invited to William and Kate's wedding. This is obama's way of thumbing his nose.

The British are probably secretly relieved that the crass obama bunch won't create more embarassing moments at a dignified event.

An honorable President would go but there is nothing honorable about Mr. Obama. He is a serial liar. Imo.

-Jeremiah
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm sure Obama will cry when he reads that.

Maybe you could talk Dubya into going.

He is going.

Tony Blair And George Bush To Be Reunited At Margaret Thatcher's Funeral

This was one of obama's very pointed exhibitions of contempt for Britian. He wasn't invited to William and Kate's wedding. This is obama's way of thumbing his nose.

The British are probably secretly relieved that the crass obama bunch won't create more embarassing moments at a dignified event.
Dubya was invited but declined.

It's in D'nish D'Zousas film and book and it has never been retracted. Can you explain that one to me?

Actually, I can. D'nish D'Zousas is a lying sack of shit who eats rat dicks for lunch. He is only out to make money by pedaling his very special brand of Obama hatred to suckers like you. You should consider looking to other sources for your information and you will soon find out that you cannot verify this shit this asshole vomits from his mouth and that you are so eager to lap up.

Forum List

Back