Obama doesn't give a damn about any "Progressive Legacy."

Searcher44

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2015
Looks more like he wants to get in on the gravy train the Clintons have rode to hundreds of $million in the bank. 8 years of hoping he was going to surprise with some dramatic, historic "change" and the best he's come up with is a lousy health care plan that could have been written by the Insurance and Pharmaceutical industries? Yippee. Just another money grubbing corporate lackey - please show me how I'm wrong.

Now this stab in the back nomination of a judge George Bush would have been happy to nominate. Fuck Him.

I wrote these over a month ago and "I told you so" is no consolation.

One thing worries me in my observation from afar, Obama hasn't exactly been the stalwart progressive advertised in his original campaign. As a matter of fact he's been quite accommodating to the Corporatist establishment starting year one...........Be careful what you wish for, I don't think he'd name a Scalia clone but more likely a neutral compromising centrist. Might be better to wait an unprecedented year and hope for that likely Dem victory in the Fall."

. "Obama hasn't done much that has thrilled the progressives in the Party. One last parting shot to assure himself of hundreds of millions in corporate speaking fees and book deals and Board of Governor jobs would put the final nail in his coffin as that fake progressive advertised 8 yrs. ago.
Call me a cynic. Let's see him make a bold move for a change and actually throw all the weight of the Presidency behind a real liberal Constitutionalist and fight like a pitbull to get him or her through Congress. HA! That'll be the day."

unfortunately, too many people refuse to see what that Progressive party calling themselves (Democrats) have become. and now I think it's all too late for us.

Forum List

Back