Obama greeted by Confederate flags in Oklahoma

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

Most people hate what it stands for

racism and hate

It's a piece of colored cloth.

I'm not sure what your game is. Care to share?

No game, just a simple statement of fact. Most people could not care less. The flag means absolutely nothing to them. It certainly means nothing to me. When I watched the Dukes of Hazard, I wasn't offended by the "symbol of racism and hate" on top of the General Lee - named after a confederate general. Neither was anyone else. All I am seeing are two sides screaming at each other at the top of their lungs over a piece of cloth. Entertaining perhaps, but seriously dumb. The only meaning it holds is what you give it.

Except that that side that sees it as a harmless symbol of regional pride, just wants to be left alone.

It is the other side that is causing the trouble, by attacking those that aren't bothering anyone.

Kudos for referencing the Dukes of Hazzard, btw. :beer:

Yeah. Not buying that either. Both sides are frothing at the mouth. Thanks for the kudos though. I appreciate it.

I'm only pissed off because they keep insulting me.

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

Most people hate what it stands for

racism and hate

No game, just a simple statement of fact. Most people could not care less. The flag means absolutely nothing to them. It certainly means nothing to me. When I watched the Dukes of Hazard, I wasn't offended by the "symbol of racism and hate" on top of the General Lee - named after a confederate general. Neither was anyone else. All I am seeing are two sides screaming at each other at the top of their lungs over a piece of cloth. Entertaining perhaps, but seriously dumb. The only meaning it holds is what you give it.

Do any flags or symbols carry meaning for you?

Sure. But not that one. Do you think the US flag means the same thing to me, an Afghan rebel and a Swiss farmer? How much to you thing the farmer cares about it?

Be honest, did you watch the Dukes of Hazard or did you boycott it because of its racism and hate?

I was a teenager. I was looking at Daisy Duke's ass. It was a TV show. I loved Hogans Heroes and laughed with Shultz. Hoooooogaaaaannnnn!
Absolutely irrelevant.

You just stated that the US flag means different things to different people. The exact same thing can be said about the confederate flag.....yet you arrogantly exclaim "it's just a piece of cloth". It may be to you...and that is fine. But you can certainly see that it carries meaning for others. Yes?

And.....you might give a moment of thought as to why those who are adamantly in favor of it.....appreciate your point of view. Cheers!!

Except that that side that sees it as a harmless symbol of regional pride, just wants to be left alone.

It is the other side that is causing the trouble, by attacking those that aren't bothering anyone.

Yeah. Not buying that either. Both sides are frothing at the mouth. Thanks for the kudos though. I appreciate it.

You are very easily insulted. Toughen up.

Sure. But not that one. Do you think the US flag means the same thing to me, an Afghan rebel and a Swiss farmer? How much to you thing the farmer cares about it?

Be honest, did you watch the Dukes of Hazard or did you boycott it because of its racism and hate?
It was an amazingly stupid show.

But were you offended by its racism and hate?

And...how did the President insult people?

Are you serious?
Yes. How did the President insult people?

If he stated or implied that the flag is a symbol of hatred, he is insulting the people that fly it.

Ipso facto

Used correctly. For your education.
"If" is a big word....don't you think? So is the word "implied". Neither of them are factual, but very subjective.

Now....How did the President insult people?

HE said that the flag should be in a museum.

What do you think that implies about those that are flying the flag?
It should be. What's hateful about that?

Standard lib tactic.

Attack someone, then accuse them of being defensive.

Combined with a little bit of ridicule.

Try to be less of a jerk.

Do you think you are being clever?

Are you serious?

If he stated or implied that the flag is a symbol of hatred, he is insulting the people that fly it.

Ipso facto

"If" is a big word....don't you think? So is the word "implied". Neither of them are factual, but very subjective.

REally?

I posted two sentences. You didn't consider the possibility that the second sentence might be connected to the first?

Try answering the second sentence and see if it is enlightening to the meaning of the first.

Standard lib tactic.

Please....tell me how I have insulted you.

I didn't watch it...it was too stupid. I actually thought it was an insulting portrayal of people in the South.

Ipso facto

REally?

I posted two sentences. You didn't consider the possibility that the second sentence might be connected to the first?

Try answering the second sentence and see if it is enlightening to the meaning of the first.

If you were to learn that black people felt fear and hate when seeing that flag, would it give you a moment of pause?

I was a teenager. I was looking at Daisy Duke's ass. It was a TV show. I loved Hogans Heroes and laughed with Shultz. Hoooooogaaaaannnnn!
Absolutely irrelevant.

You just stated that the US flag means different things to different people. The exact same thing can be said about the confederate flag.....yet you arrogantly exclaim "it's just a piece of cloth". It may be to you...and that is fine. But you can certainly see that it carries meaning for others. Yes?

And.....you might give a moment of thought as to why those who are adamantly in favor of it.....appreciate your point of view. Cheers!!

So no. And I bet your parents didn't shut it down to keep you from being exposed to that vile symbol.

A piece of cloth is all it is. Go take a look at one. Just cloth. And perhaps, just a thought now, you might want to give a moment of thought as to why they are adamantly in favor of it rather than just assume that they are in favor of what you are opposed to. Consider that it might not mean to them what it means to you. And.... just for grins and giggles, the other folks might do the same.

Nah.. much more fun to be offended.

Standard lib tactic.

Why? Tired of discussing the topic?

I didn't watch it...it was too stupid. I actually thought it was an insulting portrayal of people in the South.

So, you knew enough about it to think it was insulting to the people of the south. But you weren't offended by the flag. Thank you.

Absolutely irrelevant.

So no. And I bet your parents didn't shut it down to keep you from being exposed to that vile symbol.

A piece of cloth is all it is. Go take a look at one. Just cloth. And perhaps, just a thought now, you might want to give a moment of thought as to why they are adamantly in favor of it rather than just assume that they are in favor of what you are opposed to. Consider that it might not mean to them what it means to you. And.... just for grins and giggles, the other folks might do the same.

Nah.. much more fun to be offended.

When you say that it is "just a piece of cloth"...you are suggesting that it has no negative meaning to anyone. That is arrogance and ignorance all balled up together.

Question......do you think it should fly on government buildings?

So, you knew enough about it to think it was insulting to the people of the south. But you weren't offended by the flag. Thank you.

You aren't scoring points, you know. It was a fucking TV show.

You didn't say you. You said "side". And "side" is what I said. I'm talking in general. Both sides of this issue are not coming off well at all. I expect the politicians are happy for the distraction.

Standard lib tactic.

Why? Tired of discussing the topic?

Long ago, actually. But I've not insulted you. You made that claim. I responded.

Forum List

Back