Obama greeted by Confederate flags in Oklahoma

Funny those that fought and actually won the war against the confederacy disagreed.

Who are you to retroactively overrule their forgiveness and reopen those old wounds? What moral authority do you have to "unforgive" someone who was forgiven by the actual wronged parties?
And they made a mistake that can only be seen as a mistake with time. The Union should have done what the Allies did after WWII. More trials for treason and war crimes.

They made a mistake?

What do you base that on?
Observe the results of letting the perpetrators of the Civil War get off as opposed to punishing the perpetrators of WWII. Ipso Facto.

What results?

The South went from being a enemy break a way nation, to a loyal part of the US in short order.

Germany went from being a enemy nation to loyal member of the US, in short order.
Seriously? :rofl:

I have posted excepts of a speech in which the President of the United States praised the loyalty and the service of Southerns in the Spanish American War, which was just 23 years after the end of the Civil War.

What complaint about the South, which you claim not to hate, do you have to offer to dispute that they quickly became and stayed a loyal part of the US?

You want to display the flag on your house, go for it. But waving it in the face of the President is tasteless.

If the president wants to insult people, he should expect to get some feedback.

Fuck him.

And they made a mistake that can only be seen as a mistake with time. The Union should have done what the Allies did after WWII. More trials for treason and war crimes.

They made a mistake?

Observe the results of letting the perpetrators of the Civil War get off as opposed to punishing the perpetrators of WWII. Ipso Facto.

What results?

The South went from being a enemy break a way nation, to a loyal part of the US in short order.

Germany went from being a enemy nation to loyal member of the US, in short order.

I have posted excepts of a speech in which the President of the United States praised the loyalty and the service of Southerns in the Spanish American War, which was just 23 years after the end of the Civil War.

What complaint about the South, which you claim not to hate, do you have to offer to dispute that they quickly became and stayed a loyal part of the US?
Yeah....and you know why, right? They had to stage in the South to go to Cuba and deals were made so the Southerners wouldn't cause trouble with troops, particularly black troops, coming thru.

They made a mistake?

What results?

Yeah....and you know why, right? They had to stage in the South to go to Cuba and deals were made so the Southerners wouldn't cause trouble with troops, particularly black troops, coming thru.

Is that your complaint? That supposedly that the South was going to "cause trouble" with US forces staging out of the South?

Waving the flag was stupid and offensive to most Oklahomans.

I doubt it. The flag is important to some people and offensive to some people. Most people could not care less about it.

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

Most people hate what it stands for

racism and hate

It's a piece of colored cloth.

I'm not sure what your game is. Care to share?

No game, just a simple statement of fact. Most people could not care less. The flag means absolutely nothing to them. It certainly means nothing to me. When I watched the Dukes of Hazard, I wasn't offended by the "symbol of racism and hate" on top of the General Lee - named after a confederate general. Neither was anyone else. All I am seeing are two sides screaming at each other at the top of their lungs over a piece of cloth. Entertaining perhaps, but seriously dumb. The only meaning it holds is what you give it.

I doubt it. The flag is important to some people and offensive to some people. Most people could not care less about it.

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

racism and hate

No game, just a simple statement of fact. Most people could not care less. The flag means absolutely nothing to them. It certainly means nothing to me. When I watched the Dukes of Hazard, I wasn't offended by the "symbol of racism and hate" on top of the General Lee - named after a confederate general. Neither was anyone else. All I am seeing are two sides screaming at each other at the top of their lungs over a piece of cloth. Entertaining perhaps, but seriously dumb. The only meaning it holds is what you give it.

Except that that side that sees it as a harmless symbol of regional pride, just wants to be left alone.

It is the other side that is causing the trouble, by attacking those that aren't bothering anyone.

Kudos for referencing the Dukes of Hazzard, btw. :beer:

most people dont like that flag or what it stands for

lying about it doesn't change that

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

racism and hate

Do any flags or symbols carry meaning for you?

Even Cohen, a staunch Republican, criticized this display of ignorance.

Politician jumping on a bandwagon. Go back to the OP and really look at that picture. Not at the pretty flags but at the people. See if you notice something about them.

You want to display the flag on your house, go for it. But waving it in the face of the President is tasteless.

Fuck him.
And...how did the President insult people?

Are you serious?
Yes. How did the President insult people?

If he stated or implied that the flag is a symbol of hatred, he is insulting the people that fly it.

Ipso facto

Used correctly. For your education.

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

racism and hate

Sure. But not that one. Do you think the US flag means the same thing to me, an Afghan rebel and a Swiss farmer? How much to you thing the farmer cares about it?

Be honest, did you watch the Dukes of Hazard or did you boycott it because of its racism and hate?

Fuck him.

Are you serious?

If he stated or implied that the flag is a symbol of hatred, he is insulting the people that fly it.

Ipso facto

"If" is a big word....don't you think? So is the word "implied". Neither of them are factual, but very subjective.

Now....How did the President insult people?

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

racism and hate

Sure. But not that one. Do you think the US flag means the same thing to me, an Afghan rebel and a Swiss farmer? How much to you thing the farmer cares about it?

Be honest, did you watch the Dukes of Hazard or did you boycott it because of its racism and hate?
It was an amazingly stupid show.

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

racism and hate

Except that that side that sees it as a harmless symbol of regional pride, just wants to be left alone.

It is the other side that is causing the trouble, by attacking those that aren't bothering anyone.

Kudos for referencing the Dukes of Hazzard, btw. :beer:

Yeah. Not buying that either. Both sides are frothing at the mouth. Thanks for the kudos though. I appreciate it.

Fuck him.

Are you serious?

Ipso facto

"If" is a big word....don't you think? So is the word "implied". Neither of them are factual, but very subjective.

Now....How did the President insult people?

HE said that the flag should be in a museum.

What do you think that implies about those that are flying the flag?

Forum List

Back