Obama greeted by Confederate flags in Oklahoma

It's great....how people try to revise history. That campaign was filthy and filled with racist overtones. Everyone knows it. McCain knew it. He let it go.

Dude. THat clip was pathetic.

If that is the best you have, then you have nothing to support yours, and Obama's accusation of racism.

Obama made a false, unsupportable claim.

For you to excuse some serious, like a false accusation of racism in a Presidential Campaign, and to claim to be so offended by the flying of the confederate flag reveals you to be a hypocrite who is just using slander to advance your ideological agenda.

BTW, posting a 6 minute video that is mostly opinion was a jerk move too. I normally don't watch videos just because of lack of consideration like that.

You never linked to Obama making any charge of racism against McCain. Why not? Did you forget? Misplaced it?

How about it? Where is the link to Obama claiming that McCain is racist?

You will die before you admit that McCain and Palin ran a dog whistle campaign. You are one of those people who will not admit an error.

It's great....how people try to revise history. That campaign was filthy and filled with racist overtones. Everyone knows it. McCain knew it. He let it go.

If that is the best you have, then you have nothing to support yours, and Obama's accusation of racism.

For you to excuse some serious, like a false accusation of racism in a Presidential Campaign, and to claim to be so offended by the flying of the confederate flag reveals you to be a hypocrite who is just using slander to advance your ideological agenda.

BTW, posting a 6 minute video that is mostly opinion was a jerk move too. I normally don't watch videos just because of lack of consideration like that.

You never linked to Obama making any charge of racism against McCain. Why not? Did you forget? Misplaced it?

You will die before you admit that McCain and Palin ran a dog whistle campaign. You are one of those people who will not admit an error.

I posted a link to the head of Obama's campaign admitting that the remark Obama made was racial.

Obama accused "they" of trying to make people afraid of him, based on race.

THat is Obama accusing McCain of running a racist campaign.

As you have been completely unable to support your claim that McCain ran a racist campaign, this is Obama being extremely divisive.

Hence your expressed concerns about the "divisiveness" of the Confederate Flag is revealed to be nothing but partisan posturing.

YOu are the one who is refusing to admit your error.

Waving the flag was stupid and offensive to most Oklahomans.

I doubt it. The flag is important to some people and offensive to some people. Most people could not care less about it.

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

Most people hate what it stands for

racism and hate

It's a piece of colored cloth.

I'm not sure what your game is. Care to share?

No game, just a simple statement of fact. Most people could not care less. The flag means absolutely nothing to them. It certainly means nothing to me. When I watched the Dukes of Hazard, I wasn't offended by the "symbol of racism and hate" on top of the General Lee - named after a confederate general. Neither was anyone else. All I am seeing are two sides screaming at each other at the top of their lungs over a piece of cloth. Entertaining perhaps, but seriously dumb. The only meaning it holds is what you give it.
But I would add that if the Dukes of Hazard is being cancelled because of this stupid debate, then it's one of many real casualties of a fake issue.

How about it? Where is the link to Obama claiming that McCain is racist?....

Dog whistles! Dog whistles! Anything obama said that someone wants to be 'proof' of racism unquestionably is due to the dog whistle theory. If obama disagreed with any of McCain's positions that was really his dog whistle signalling to all the lefty drones that McCain is racist. If you disagree with this you must be racist yourself.

Whistle, whistle, whistle!

Do you see how idiotic and absurd your leftist 'reasoning' is, lamebrain?

Dog whistles! Dog whistles! Anything obama said that someone wants to be 'proof' of racism unquestionably is due to the dog whistle theory. If obama disagreed with any of McCain's positions that was really his dog whistle signalling to all the lefty drones that McCain is racist. If you disagree with this you must be racist yourself.

Weird post.

I doubt it. The flag is important to some people and offensive to some people. Most people could not care less about it.

important?

its part of history

an evil part of history

Most people hate what it stands for

racism and hate

It's a piece of colored cloth.

I'm not sure what your game is. Care to share?

No game, just a simple statement of fact. Most people could not care less. The flag means absolutely nothing to them. It certainly means nothing to me. When I watched the Dukes of Hazard, I wasn't offended by the "symbol of racism and hate" on top of the General Lee - named after a confederate general. Neither was anyone else. All I am seeing are two sides screaming at each other at the top of their lungs over a piece of cloth. Entertaining perhaps, but seriously dumb. The only meaning it holds is what you give it.
But I would add that if the Dukes of Hazard is being cancelled because of this stupid debate, then it's one of many real casualties of a fake issue.

Well, more the fans who are being denied their entertainment and implicitly being insulted.

Weird post.

He turned your dog whistle nonsense back on you.

Playing dumb won't fool anyone. His point is spot on, and you have NOTHING real to say do defend yourself.

:muahaha:

Weird post.

Playing dumb won't fool anyone. His point is spot on, and you have NOTHING real to say do defend yourself.

No. He didn't.

He's just throwing a tantrum.

Weird post.

No. He didn't.

NOpe. And sticking to playing dumb I see.

I posted a link to the head of Obama's campaign admitting that the remark Obama made was racial.

As you have been completely unable to support your claim that McCain ran a racist campaign, this is Obama being extremely divisive.

Hence your expressed concerns about the "divisiveness" of the Confederate Flag is revealed to be nothing but partisan posturing.

Weird post.

No. He didn't.

Ah ha! "Tantrum" is a code word, you racist whistler!

Unkotare...I know you aren't a racist. Thus...your participation in this discussion must have another motive. I think it is you being contrarian. It is what you do.

Unkotare...I know you aren't a racist. Thus...your participation in this discussion must have another motive. I think it is you being contrarian. It is what you do.

No it isn't.

Same goes to you. You aren't a racist. You are dismayed by what yiou see as the PC pussification of America....and think it is a good trade off to let bigots have their publicly funded demonstration flag so long as you dont have to hear people protest about it. Those protests are so divisive!

No it isn't.

Same goes to you. You aren't a racist. You are dismayed by what yiou see as the PC pussification of America....and think it is a good trade off to let bigots have their publicly funded demonstration flag so long as you dont have to hear people protest about it. Those protests are so divisive!

No, I'm not.

Seriously, I just happen to believe in freedom. Not my freedom to say what I please and your freedom to shut up and listen. Everyone's freedom to say what they please. Including people I don't agree with, people I vehemently disagree with. If I don't stand for their freedom, then I stand for nothing.

And while you really want this to be about racism, I know quite a few people who show that flag who aren't racists. It doesn't mean to them what it means to you, and they have as much right to apply their meaning to that piece of cloth as you.

The only thing a government should not display is overtly religious symbols, and only that because of the first amendment. Beyond that, people can fly what they want to fly, march for what they want to march for, display what they want to display and make what ever point they want to make. And you should be celebrating that you live in a land where that is the case.

No it isn't.

No, I'm not.

Seriously, I just happen to believe in freedom. Not my freedom to say what I please and your freedom to shut up and listen. Everyone's freedom to say what they please. Including people I don't agree with, people I vehemently disagree with. If I don't stand for their freedom, then I stand for nothing.

And while you really want this to be about racism, I know quite a few people who show that flag who aren't racists. It doesn't mean to them what it means to you, and they have as much right to apply their meaning to that piece of cloth as you.

The only thing a government should not display is overtly religious symbols, and only that because of the first amendment. Beyond that, people can fly what they want to fly, march for what they want to march for, display what they want to display and make what ever point they want to make. And you should be celebrating that you live in a land where that is the case.

When you hear me say that people should not be able to fly that flag on their property or wherever.....you can resume that arrogant tone. You are assigning that sentiment to me. I have never even hinted that I think people should be banned from flying, waving or wearing that flag.

Next.

Questioning his motive for being in this discussion does not change the fact that he demonstrated the utter nonsense of your claim that McCain's campaign was "racist" because of the use of "dog whistles".

The fact that Obama's accusation of McCain running a racist campaign has been refuted, thus reveals that you are happy to support divisive behavior when it serves your agenda, ie Obama making false accusations of racism.

Which completely invalidates your stated issue with the flying of the confederate flag as being divisive.

No it isn't.

No, I'm not.

When you hear me say that people should not be able to fly that flag on their property or wherever.....you can resume that arrogant tone. You are assigning that sentiment to me. I have never even hinted that I think people should be banned from flying, waving or wearing that flag.

Next.

Sorry. I thought you said, "You are dismayed by what yiou see as the PC pussification of America....and think it is a good trade off to let bigots have their publicly funded demonstration flag so long as you dont have to hear people protest about it. Those protests are so divisive!" I must have been mistaken.

Hundreds of thousands of southerners died to ensure that Obama would never be president

Obama is their worst nightmare. Mixed race and thinks he is equal to the white man

Obama is an insult to the noble traditions of the confederate flag

Forum List

Back