Obama greeted by Confederate flags in Oklahoma

Sorry. I thought you said, "You are dismayed by what yiou see as the PC pussification of America....and think it is a good trade off to let bigots have their publicly funded demonstration flag so long as you dont have to hear people protest about it. Those protests are so divisive!" I must have been mistaken.

Yeah....meaning PUBLICLY FUNDED as in ON GOVERNMENT PROPERTY AT TAXPAYERS EXPENSE. Not on Bubba's garage or F150.

Get it?

Yeah, and you are wrong. I believe I covered that. If the representatives of the people of a state or local government, or the federal government for that matter, what to fly the flag for Slytherin, that is for them to decide. The only thing prohibited is overtly religious symbols. Get it?

Yeah...I get it. You have a weird idea of what is appropriate for display on government buildings. That's fine. What now?

Well, for me I just conclude you have a limited understanding of the Constitution. I don't know what you are going to do.

I was asking what yiou were going to do now....not me. You have an action plan?

Nope.

Same goes to you. You aren't a racist. You are dismayed by what yiou see as the PC pussification of America....and think it is a good trade off to let bigots have their publicly funded demonstration flag so long as you dont have to hear people protest about it. Those protests are so divisive!

No, I'm not.

Seriously, I just happen to believe in freedom. Not my freedom to say what I please and your freedom to shut up and listen. Everyone's freedom to say what they please. Including people I don't agree with, people I vehemently disagree with. If I don't stand for their freedom, then I stand for nothing.

And while you really want this to be about racism, I know quite a few people who show that flag who aren't racists. It doesn't mean to them what it means to you, and they have as much right to apply their meaning to that piece of cloth as you.

The only thing a government should not display is overtly religious symbols, and only that because of the first amendment. Beyond that, people can fly what they want to fly, march for what they want to march for, display what they want to display and make what ever point they want to make. And you should be celebrating that you live in a land where that is the case.

When you hear me say that people should not be able to fly that flag on their property or wherever.....you can resume that arrogant tone. You are assigning that sentiment to me. I have never even hinted that I think people should be banned from flying, waving or wearing that flag.

Next.

Sorry. I thought you said, "You are dismayed by what yiou see as the PC pussification of America....and think it is a good trade off to let bigots have their publicly funded demonstration flag so long as you dont have to hear people protest about it. Those protests are so divisive!" I must have been mistaken.

Yeah....meaning PUBLICLY FUNDED as in ON GOVERNMENT PROPERTY AT TAXPAYERS EXPENSE. Not on Bubba's garage or F150.

Get it?

Yeah, and you are wrong. I believe I covered that. If the representatives of the people of a state or local government, or the federal government for that matter, what to fly the flag for Slytherin, that is for them to decide. The only thing prohibited is overtly religious symbols. Get it?
Overtly? What about covertly? Apparently the cross on that flag is St. Andrew's cross.

No it isn't.

Same goes to you. You aren't a racist. You are dismayed by what yiou see as the PC pussification of America....and think it is a good trade off to let bigots have their publicly funded demonstration flag so long as you dont have to hear people protest about it. Those protests are so divisive!

No, I'm not.

Seriously, I just happen to believe in freedom. Not my freedom to say what I please and your freedom to shut up and listen. Everyone's freedom to say what they please. Including people I don't agree with, people I vehemently disagree with. If I don't stand for their freedom, then I stand for nothing.

And while you really want this to be about racism, I know quite a few people who show that flag who aren't racists. It doesn't mean to them what it means to you, and they have as much right to apply their meaning to that piece of cloth as you.

The only thing a government should not display is overtly religious symbols, and only that because of the first amendment. Beyond that, people can fly what they want to fly, march for what they want to march for, display what they want to display and make what ever point they want to make. And you should be celebrating that you live in a land where that is the case.
Can a government display the nazi flag (i'm talking USA state/local/federal)?

Yes.
That would be showing favoritism to a particular group which IMO is not allowed under equal protection.

It is equal protection under the law. What law exactly do you think applies?

No, I'm not.

When you hear me say that people should not be able to fly that flag on their property or wherever.....you can resume that arrogant tone. You are assigning that sentiment to me. I have never even hinted that I think people should be banned from flying, waving or wearing that flag.

Next.

Get it?

Overtly? What about covertly? Apparently the cross on that flag is St. Andrew's cross.

It pretty much has to be overt. It has to meet the standard of establishing religion.

Hundreds of thousands of southerners died to ensure that Obama would never be president

Obama is their worst nightmare. Mixed race and thinks he is equal to the white man

Obama is an insult to the noble traditions of the confederate flag

I doubt there were many Union soldiers in the Civil War that would have voted for Obama to be President.

That does not mean that their descendants share those views, despite their love of their ancestors flag.
The confederacy was formed to ensure negroes would never be equal to whites. Jim Crow followed to enforce that doctrine

The confederate flag was the symbol of both

As I pointed out, I doubt there were very many Union soldiers that were fighting to have blacks become the equal of whites.

And Jim Crow was not limited to the South.

My father in law was partnered with the first black police detective in a major NORTHERN city and can testify to THAT.

Unkotare...I know you aren't a racist. Thus...your participation in this discussion must have another motive. I think it is you being contrarian. It is what you do.

Questioning his motive for being in this discussion does not change the fact that he demonstrated the utter nonsense of your claim that McCain's campaign was "racist" because of the use of "dog whistles".

The fact that Obama's accusation of McCain running a racist campaign has been refuted, thus reveals that you are happy to support divisive behavior when it serves your agenda, ie Obama making false accusations of racism.

Which completely invalidates your stated issue with the flying of the confederate flag as being divisive.

You have not refuted that McCain and Palin ran a racist campaign. You have not shown me Obama making any accusations of racism.

You must think I'm not sure of myself here. I am.

There seems to be a whistling sound......

Hundreds of thousands of southerners died to ensure that Obama would never be president

Obama is their worst nightmare. Mixed race and thinks he is equal to the white man

I doubt there were many Union soldiers in the Civil War that would have voted for Obama to be President.

That does not mean that their descendants share those views, despite their love of their ancestors flag.
The confederacy was formed to ensure negroes would never be equal to whites. Jim Crow followed to enforce that doctrine

As I pointed out, I doubt there were very many Union soldiers that were fighting to have blacks become the equal of whites.

My father in law was partnered with the first black police detective in a major NORTHERN city and can testify to THAT.

What drinking fountain did that detective get to use?

What drinking fountain did that detective get to use?

NOt sure about water fountains. I know at least one waitress refused to wait on them.

No, I'm not.

Can a government display the nazi flag (i'm talking USA state/local/federal)?

Yes.
That would be showing favoritism to a particular group which IMO is not allowed under equal protection.

It is equal protection under the law. What law exactly do you think applies?
Under the lawS not the law. If they also fly flags that express anti-nazi pride that would be fine.

Next.

Get it?

It pretty much has to be overt. It has to meet the standard of establishing religion.
Okay, then. A cross is rather overt.

Ravi......may I ask you a personal question?
Be my guest.

Are you a white supremacist?
No. You?

Nope.

Thanks for the reply.

It didn't hurt you to respond to that question, did it?
Not at all. Why would it hurt?

I dunno. It really seems to hurt some people when they are asked that question. They get really upset.

Be my guest.

No. You?

Nope.

Thanks for the reply.

I dunno. It really seems to hurt some people when they are asked that question. They get really upset.

And now, that you have been crushed logically and revealed to be a hypocrite you start lying.

Libs, all the intellectual honestly of a crack whore.

No. You?

Nope.

Thanks for the reply.

And now, that you have been crushed logically and revealed to be a hypocrite you start lying.

Some people even get upset when someone else is asked that question. It's weird.

No. You?

Nope.

Thanks for the reply.

Now I remember. You wouldn't answer that question. Bizarre.

Forum List

Back