Obama I got it right the first time thread

This rests on the simple definition of what a bailout is. If you want to deny basic truth, that's on you, dude.

No....it rests on YOUR definition (as told to you by a random blogger)....

A Ford TV ad slams competitors for accepting bailout funds, even though the company’s CEO lobbied for the bill. The company — the only one of the Big Three not to receive a bailout — feared a collapse of GM and Chrysler at the time would have hurt suppliers and, in turn, Ford itself. Ford Chief Executive Officer Alan R. Mulally also asked Congress for a “credit line” of up to $9 billion in case the economy worsened.

Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

1. Ford appeared before Congress stating they needed funds to avoid bankruptcy.
2. The government gave them low interest loans to that end.

Their propaganda not withstanding, Ford received bailout funds.

Factcheck is not "Ford propaganda"..........and they, in the course of ripping Ford, maintain that Ford did NOT RECEIVE A BAILOUT.........

Now you may quibble about what NOT RECEIVING A BAILOUT means, but we can categorically reject that it means receiving a bailout.

Ford said they'd go bankrupt; so, the govt gave them financial assistance: BAILOUT.

How did they reward the American taxpayer? By moving a plant to Mexico.

That happened on Obama's watch. Dude doesn't know The Art Of The Deal.
You have a quote from a Ford exec saying they needed the money to avoid going bankrupt?

Ford liked to pretend they didn't get bailout money:

The Obama Regime reminded them that they received bailout money and put an end to that:

A Ford TV ad slams competitors for accepting bailout funds, even though the company’s CEO lobbied for the bill. The company — the only one of the Big Three not to receive a bailout — feared a collapse of GM and Chrysler at the time would have hurt suppliers and, in turn, Ford itself. Ford Chief Executive Officer Alan R. Mulally also asked Congress for a “credit line” of up to $9 billion in case the economy worsened.

Factcheck is not "Ford propaganda"..........and they, in the course of ripping Ford, maintain that Ford did NOT RECEIVE A BAILOUT.........

Now you may quibble about what NOT RECEIVING A BAILOUT means, but we can categorically reject that it means receiving a bailout.

Ford said they'd go bankrupt; so, the govt gave them financial assistance: BAILOUT.

You have a quote from a Ford exec saying they needed the money to avoid going bankrupt?

The Obama Regime reminded them that they received bailout money and put an end to that:

Let's recap, shall we?

You said ... and I quote ... "Ford appeared before Congress stating they needed funds to avoid bankruptcy."

Which leads me to ask you if you can quote an executive from Ford asking Congress for a bailout to "avoid bankruptcy"....

And you respond by posting two videos -- neither of which includes any quote from any For executive asking for any money from any Congressman.

Does that about sum it up?

Let's recap, shall we?

You said ... and I quote ... "Ford appeared before Congress stating they needed funds to avoid bankruptcy."

Which leads me to ask you if you can quote an executive from Ford asking Congress for a bailout to "avoid bankruptcy"....

And you respond by posting two videos -- neither of which includes any quote from any For executive asking for any money from any Congressman.

Dude, you can go on YT and see the Ford CEO appearing with the other CEO's requesting bailout money. GM and Chrysler received TARP funds; whereas, Ford did further proceedings to secure DOE low interest loans. All were in essence bailout funds. And the link I mentioned Ford angled for funds from a would go bankrupt sentiment like the others. I don't give a sh** about finding more links. I'm not being paid for this sh**. It's just clear to see how it all went down, though.

Let's recap, shall we?

Dude, you can go on YT and see the Ford CEO appearing with the other CEO's requesting bailout money. GM and Chrysler received TARP funds; whereas, Ford did further proceedings to secure DOE low interest loans. All were in essence bailout funds. And the link I mentioned Ford angled for funds from a would go bankrupt sentiment like the others. I don't give a sh** about finding more links. I'm not being paid for this sh**. It's just clear to see how it all went down, though.

Why on Earth would I go hunting for your evidence?? :dunno:

If you can't produce it, I just figure it's because you were full of shit when you made the claim.

Let's recap, shall we?

If you can't produce it, I just figure it's because you were full of shit when you made the claim.

I gave you evidence, which you haven't refuted. And I'm not in a court of law. I don't have to prove sh** to you beyond a shadow of doubt, nor am I being paid as a paralegal. I don't play your games. If you don't like it, then cry in your milk.

Let's recap, shall we?

I gave you evidence, which you haven't refuted. And I'm not in a court of law. I don't have to prove sh** to you beyond a shadow of doubt, nor am I being paid as a paralegal. I don't play your games. If you don't like it, then cry in your milk.

You gave no evidence. And now that you lie and claim you did proves you're full of shit.

You claimed Ford asked Congress for bailout money to avoid bankruptcy... you can't prove it.

You're done.

This rests on the simple definition of what a bailout is. If you want to deny basic truth, that's on you, dude.

But don't ecpect the 12 year old to admit defeat.

I don't expect you to admit defeat.

I would like for you to tell me what you think you mean by "unemployment rate"....

I wasn't talking about the unemployment rate in those quotes.

* Real Unemployment skyrocketing.

So why don't you translate this for me....

Let's recap, shall we?

Really? You posted a quote from a Ford exec begging Congress to bail them out so they won't go bankrupt?

:lmao:

Of course you didn't. You're can't so you're playing the tired old, I already proved it, bluff.

Regardless... Ford did not get the bailout. Chrysler and GMC did. Yet Ford didn't go bankrupt as you claim they claimed they would. They later took a low interest loan, not to avoid bankruptcy -- but to upgrade some plants to produce higher efficient vehicles.

And why didn't Ford go bankrupt without a bailout like Chrysler and GMC?

Because they had already secured a loan a few years earlier and didn't need the bailout to avoid bankruptcy.

Choosing Its Own Path, Ford Stayed Independent

DEARBORN, Mich. — On Nov. 29, 2006, Ford Motor made a surprising pitch to the nation’s biggest banks. In a packed ballroom at a New York hotel, Ford’s chief executive, Alan R. Mulally, said he would mortgage all the company’s assets for billions of dollars in loans to finance an overhaul of the troubled automaker. Although the economy was healthy then, Mr. Mulally said the money would give Ford “a cushion to protect for a recession or other unexpected event.”

[...]

But because of the money it borrowed nearly three years ago, Ford is in far better shape than its two crosstown rivals. The loans have kept it independent and on a course to survive the worst new-vehicle market in nearly 30 years.

Let's recap, shall we?

Really? You posted a quote from a Ford exec begging Congress to bail them out so they won't go bankrupt?

Of course you didn't. You're can't so you're playing the tired old, I already proved it, bluff.

Regardless... Ford did not get the bailout. Chrysler and GMC did. Yet Ford didn't go bankrupt as you claim they claimed they would. They later took a low interest loan, not to avoid bankruptcy -- but to upgrade some plants to produce higher efficient vehicles.

Because they had already secured a loan a few years earlier and didn't need the bailout to avoid bankruptcy.

DEARBORN, Mich. — On Nov. 29, 2006, Ford Motor made a surprising pitch to the nation’s biggest banks. In a packed ballroom at a New York hotel, Ford’s chief executive, Alan R. Mulally, said he would mortgage all the company’s assets for billions of dollars in loans to finance an overhaul of the troubled automaker. Although the economy was healthy then, Mr. Mulally said the money would give Ford “a cushion to protect for a recession or other unexpected event.”

[...]

But because of the money it borrowed nearly three years ago, Ford is in far better shape than its two crosstown rivals. The loans have kept it independent and on a course to survive the worst new-vehicle market in nearly 30 years.

1. Ford CEO appeared with the other automobile CEOs before Congress asking for bailout funds. (Common knowledge)
2. For subsequently received low interest government loans.

These are facts regardless of you crying about links.

Let's recap, shall we?

[...]

1. Ford CEO appeared with the other automobile CEOs before Congress asking for bailout funds. (Common knowledge)

Facts you claim but cannot prove.

[...]

They're easily accessible facts. I'm not going to cater to your laziness. You haven't disclaimed those facts either. So, I don't see what the problem is other than your crying.

[...]

They're easily accessible facts. I'm not going to cater to your laziness. You haven't disclaimed those facts either. So, I don't see what the problem is other than your crying.
Since you can't prove your claim, there's really nothing for me to bother refuting. Your word that it's true is certainly not sufficient.

Meanwhile, I showed you...

a) Ford was not facing bankruptcy like Chrysler and GMC and did not need a bailout since they had already borrowed billions just a few years earlier; and

b) They took the loan, not to avoid bankruptcy, but to upgrade some plants to build higher efficient vehicles.

You can claim they would have gone bankrupt without a bailout all you want -- but ya can't prove it because it's not true.

[...]

Since you can't prove your claim, there's really nothing for me to bother refuting. Your word that it's true is certainly not sufficient.

a) Ford was not facing bankruptcy like Chrysler and GMC and did not need a bailout since they had already borrowed billions just a few years earlier; and

b) They took the loan, not to avoid bankruptcy, but to upgrade some plants to build higher efficient vehicles.

You can claim they would have gone bankrupt without a bailout all you want -- but ya can't prove it because it's not true.

You claiming I "can't prove" my claim is the same as refuting those two items. Are you saying that those two facts didn't occur?

[...]

You claiming I "can't prove" my claim is the same as refuting those two items. Are you saying that those two facts didn't occur?
If you're talking about the two points I made -- I posted links to back them up.

Meanwhile, you claim Ford begged Congress for money to avoid going bankrupt -- only you can't actually quote a Ford exec before Congress making such a claim.

If you're talking about the two points I made -- I posted links to back them up.

Meanwhile, you claim Ford begged Congress for money to avoid going bankrupt -- only you can't actually quote a Ford exec before Congress making such a claim.

The Ford CEO said that if the auto industry was not bailed out, Ford would go bankrupt as well. Subsequently, Ford did receive government money. I don't know what the problem is. I frankly forgot why we're even debating this.

The Ford CEO said that if the auto industry was not bailed out, Ford would go bankrupt as well. Subsequently, Ford did receive government money. I don't know what the problem is. I frankly forgot why we're even debating this.
Ford did receive money. What they didn't receive was bailout money. They didn't need it. Again -- they had already borrowed billions in 2006 to weather the storm.

And what you're saying now is not what you said earlier. Earlier. you said Ford begged Congress for bailout money to avoid bankruptcy. Which of course they didn't since unlike Chrysler and GMC, they weren't facing bankruptcy. Compared to what you're saying now, which is they asked Congress to bailout the auto industry. Not them, but the industry. And the reason they did that was because they could have faced bankruptcy had Chrysler and GMC gone bankrupt. They were there before Congress to get bailout funds -- not specifically for themselves, but for Chrysler and GMC.
"If any one of the domestic companies should fail, we believe there is a strong chance that the entire industry would face severe disruption." ~ Alan Mulally
And though they were initially denied, we know this to be the case because they turned down the bailout money when Congress decided to provide it.

They later accepted a loan, again, not to avoid bankruptcy, but to upgrade some plants to accommodate regulations for higher efficiency vehicles.

Ford did receive money. What they didn't receive was bailout money. They didn't need it. Again -- they had already borrowed billions in 2006 to weather the storm.

And what you're saying now is not what you said earlier. Earlier. you said Ford begged Congress for bailout money to avoid bankruptcy. Which of course they didn't since unlike Chrysler and GMC, they weren't facing bankruptcy. Compared to what you're saying now, which is they asked Congress to bailout the auto industry. Not them, but the industry. And the reason they did that was because they could have faced bankruptcy had Chrysler and GMC gone bankrupt. They were there before Congress to get bailout funds -- not specifically for themselves, but for Chrysler and GMC.
"If any one of the domestic companies should fail, we believe there is a strong chance that the entire industry would face severe disruption." ~ Alan Mulally
And though they were initially denied, we know this to be the case because they turned down the bailout money when Congress decided to provide it.

They later accepted a loan, again, not to avoid bankruptcy, but to upgrade some plants to accommodate regulations for higher efficiency vehicles.

Ford receive money as part of a comprehensive auto industry bailout; and it was money that they lobbied for. And then Ford splits for Mexico while Obama is still in power. That's sad leadership, guy. Arguing about whether or not Ford would've been bankrupt does not eradicate that bottom line.

Forum List

Back