Obama I got it right the first time thread

According to Ford, they were going bankrupt w/o that money. So, who bailed em out now?

So if you secured a low interest federal loan for college, then the feds bailed you out?

Look, I don't even like Ford. But they were not bailed out. GM and Chrysler had a bigger problem. The loan would not have done them any good. They would have still failed. That is why they were bailed our.

According to Ford, they were going to go bankrupt without a cash infusion from the government. So, the government saved them with loans. That fits a very applicable definition of bailout. It's not my fault if English isnt' your first language or something.

Show me where "according to Ford" any such thing happened.....

Original article I posted had it in the damn title, dude.

So this rests on the assertion of a Chevy blogger?

This rests on the simple definition of what a bailout is. If you want to deny basic truth, that's on you, dude.

According to Ford, they were going bankrupt w/o that money. So, who bailed em out now?

So if you secured a low interest federal loan for college, then the feds bailed you out?

Look, I don't even like Ford. But they were not bailed out. GM and Chrysler had a bigger problem. The loan would not have done them any good. They would have still failed. That is why they were bailed our.

According to Ford, they were going to go bankrupt without a cash infusion from the government. So, the government saved them with loans. That fits a very applicable definition of bailout. It's not my fault if English isnt' your first language or something.

May as well let it go, You can't argue with a twelve year old.

This rests on the simple definition of what a bailout is. If you want to deny basic truth, that's on you, dude.
It seems Ford took the money to be competitive in the electric car anf fuel efficiency markets, unlike Chrysler and GM, who took the money to prevent their companies from going under completely.

Ford Gets $5.9 Billion Government Loan

DEARBORN, Mich. – The Energy Department said Tuesday it would lend $5.9 billion to Ford Motor Co. and provide about $2.1 billion in loans to Nissan Motor Co. and Tesla Motors Inc., making the three automakers the first beneficiaries of a $25 billion fund to develop fuel-efficient vehicles.

Energy Secretary Steven Chu announced the loan recipients at Ford's Research and Innovation Center in Dearborn. The loans to Ford will help the company upgrade factories in five Midwest states to produce 13 fuel-efficient vehicles.

Nissan was receiving $1.6 billion to retool its plant in Smyrna, Tenn., to build advanced vehicles and build a battery manufacturing facility. Tesla would get $465 million in loans to build electric vehicles and electric drive powertrains in California.

The loans were designed to help auto manufacturers meet new fuel-efficiency standards of at least 35 mpg by 2020, a 40 percent increase over current standards.

So, you're 12, huh? I might've figured when you couldn't figure out a simple definition of the word bailout.

No....it rests on YOUR definition (as told to you by a random blogger)....

A Ford TV ad slams competitors for accepting bailout funds, even though the company’s CEO lobbied for the bill. The company — the only one of the Big Three not to receive a bailout — feared a collapse of GM and Chrysler at the time would have hurt suppliers and, in turn, Ford itself. Ford Chief Executive Officer Alan R. Mulally also asked Congress for a “credit line” of up to $9 billion in case the economy worsened.

Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

So, you're 12, huh? I might've figured when you couldn't figure out a simple definition of the word bailout.

Now that we've put that bit of idiocy to rest, let's get to work on your unemployment claim....

A Ford TV ad slams competitors for accepting bailout funds, even though the company’s CEO lobbied for the bill. The company — the only one of the Big Three not to receive a bailout — feared a collapse of GM and Chrysler at the time would have hurt suppliers and, in turn, Ford itself. Ford Chief Executive Officer Alan R. Mulally also asked Congress for a “credit line” of up to $9 billion in case the economy worsened.

1. Ford appeared before Congress stating they needed funds to avoid bankruptcy.
2. The government gave them low interest loans to that end.

Their propaganda not withstanding, Ford received bailout funds.

But don't ecpect the 12 year old to admit defeat.

I don't expect you to admit defeat.

You are beginning to look very foolish. Denying a fact that has been written over and over is childish. Maybe you have the dreaded disease, Trumpitis.:badgrin:

As you were shown, the loans were given to Ford to upgrade factories to accommodate new requirements to produce higher efficient vehicles.

Factcheck is not "Ford propaganda"..........and they, in the course of ripping Ford, maintain that Ford did NOT RECEIVE A BAILOUT.........

Now you may quibble about what NOT RECEIVING A BAILOUT means, but we can categorically reject that it means receiving a bailout.

I would like for you to tell me what you think you mean by "unemployment rate"....

What irks my gherkin is the FCC is selling off old TV stations, these companies refurbish the old stations, and then sell them back to the FCC for a profit.......

The logic that Gatsby uses would mean if you received a low interest loan for college, you received a bailout.

I would like for you to tell me what you think you mean by "unemployment rate"....

I wasn't talking about the unemployment rate in those quotes.

Factcheck is not "Ford propaganda"..........and they, in the course of ripping Ford, maintain that Ford did NOT RECEIVE A BAILOUT.........

Now you may quibble about what NOT RECEIVING A BAILOUT means, but we can categorically reject that it means receiving a bailout.

Ford said they'd go bankrupt; so, the govt gave them financial assistance: BAILOUT.

How did they reward the American taxpayer? By moving a plant to Mexico.

That happened on Obama's watch. Dude doesn't know The Art Of The Deal.

Ford said they'd go bankrupt; so, the govt gave them financial assistance: BAILOUT.

How did they reward the American taxpayer? By moving a plant to Mexico.

That happened on Obama's watch. Dude doesn't know The Art Of The Deal.
You have a quote from a Ford exec saying they needed the money to avoid going bankrupt?

Forum List

Back