Obama just admitted that healthcare costs weren't going down

So, in your warped little mind, health care costs going up at a slower rate is a bad thing? Take away ACA and those costs would be skyrocketing upward.
You see, this is why I see gramps as being a typical ignorant gop member. He would prefer to see ACA repealed even if his health care costs go up at a faster rate. In other words, in the end ACA will probably put money in his pocket but he will not stand for that. It is kind of like poking yourself in the eye with a sharp stick. I'll never understand those who continue to support the gop.

Ron, man. Don't take it personally but you're just dumb as shit. The claim frm Obama was "healthcare costs would decline under Obamacare immediately." They haven't declined. Theyve gone up. That means that he lied in his statement. Do you get that part?
Hummm ..... Here is a simple fact for you: It took the Queen Mary about 7 miles to go from full speed to zero speed. Why is this important? Because that is exactly what we can expect from health care costs. First we can expect the rate of increase to slow and over the years to eventually stop rising. Bear in mind that this program is in its infancy. Only someone who is a complete idiot, like yourself for example, would expect health care costs that were skyrocketing to be falling overnight.
Oh, and the part I get is that you are so consumed by hate for Obama that virtually everything you post is just one mud ball after another. It is why I and others cannot take anything you post seriously.
Let's try a little test to see how strong your hated for Obama is. Answer these simple statements with an 'agree' or 'disagree.'
Taking the US out of Iraq was a good thing.
Getting out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014 was a good thing.
Millions of people who didn't have health insurance now have health insurance.
Not going to war in Libya was a good thing.
Not going to war in Egypt was a good thing.
Not going to war in Syria is a good thing.
Helping to get rid of Syria's poison gas was a good thing.
Providing federal aid to areas hit by natural disasters is a good thing.
Helping keep GM and Chrysler above water and preserving millions of jobs was a good thing.

We could keep our Health insurance. We couldn't.
We could keep our doctors. Only if they fit the network we were in.
We would see $2500 savings for a family. Costs have gone up.
Millions of people who didn't have health insurance now have health insurance. Millions who did have health insurance, lost their insurance.

I'm sorry, but he has failed and failed miserably on what he has promised. I tire of the spin and the BS.

The cost of healthcare is rising at slowest rate in 13 years under the PPACA, not 70 years as Obama said. (unless he has numbers that are not yet published at the Fed) Note how healthcare cost went way down under Clinton & soared under Reagan, Bush 1 & 2
fredgraph.png

Blue Line - Health Care Cost / Wages & Salary
Green Line - Health Care Cost / CPI
Red Line - Health Care Cost / GDP

So, if the insurance rate's increase has slowed down under Obama over the course of 5 years versus the previous year's increase staying the same as far as rate increases, that's a savings insurance holders saw. It looks like if insurance would have continued at the rate of it's rise, it'd be costing around $11,000, it's around 9,500 to 10,000. At least that's one way of looking at things.
Say, I have a question, the claims that healthcare insurance rates (premiums) have increased, is that including Obamacare with the subsidies or just your private insurance?
Personally, I'd like to see Obamacare cease and switched to "public option". I hate the mandate.

We could keep our Health insurance. We couldn't.BECAUSE IT SUCKED, INSURERS WOULDN'T HELP...
We could keep our doctors. Only if they fit the network we were in. SAME AS BEFORE...
We would see $2500 savings for a family. Costs have gone up. BS
Millions of people who didn't have health insurance now have health insurance. Millions who did have health insurance, lost their insurance.BECAUSE OF INSURERS, AND ALMOST ALL HAVE GOTTEN IT BACK, OR CAN...

Hater dupes lol...

In fact he admitted that they are going up.

He said under Sebelius the costs for healthcare have gone UP at their slowest rate since 1950.

Comments were made during send off speech for her since she resigned.

Healthcare costs have been going up since the beginning of time...nothing new.

And, yes, they are going up at a slower rate...imagine what you would be saying if Obamacare hadn't kept the costs down.....:lol::lol:

I have looked everywhere for this quote: "healthcare costs would decline under Obamacare immediately."
I have looked everywhere for this post and have not been able to find it anywhere. I am expecially concerned about the word "immediately." Since I know you have no problem making up your own facts I doubt if making up quotes would be a problem for you. You have those words as a direct quote. Now prove to the board that those were the exact words Obama used.
And don't try to weasel out by telling me to find them myself. YOU posted them and it is YOUR job to prove they were not made up.

Do you not see how convoluted you sound? Doesn't it wear you out having to blindly defend the lies? You are truly worth your weight in gold. Hope he rewards you for it, even though you aren't very successful at it, but that's not your fault. He and his administration have made comments that are just indefensible.
Hummmm ...... You are saying Obama lied when he said
"healthcare costs would decline under Obamacare immediately." Frankly I doubt if he said it. If you want to shut me up find the quote and prove me wrong. And if you can't find the quote perhaps you should STFU.

Hey, didn't I say you are worth your weight in gold? It saddens me for you that you truly believe others are not being affected negatively by this when so many are and it isn't all roses for most people. It saddens me to see you so blind to what we were told it would do but doesn't. Is the pre-existing coverage good? Yes, but most else is not. But to each his own.

Who is going to be paying for all the subsidies, and the overcosts for the insurance companies he has guaranteed? Not anything the government is making because it produces nothing but more costs to tax payers. Once again, working Americans will be picking up that tab along with their premium increases and higher deductibles and out of pocket costs.

Last edited:
The speech is ten minutes old, {sigh}.

How old is the promise of $2500 savings in the first year?

6 years old.

He said it in his 2008 campaign. He promised his health plan would "cut the average family’s premium by about $2,500 per year."

August 6, 2008
OBAMA: A system where we're gonna work with your employers to lower your premiums by up to $2,500 per family per year.

October 4, 2008
OBAMA: We will start by reducing premiums by as much as $2,500 per family.

September 6, 2008
OBAMA: Here's what change is saying to people who already have health insurance and the employers who are providing it: We'll work to lower your premiums by up to $2,500 per family per year.

May 3, 2008
OBAMA: I also have a health care plan that would save the average family $2,500 on their premiums.

January 3, 2008
OBAMA: And if you already have health care, then we're gonna reduce costs an average of $2,500 per family on premiums.

October 7, 2008
OBAMA: We're gonna work with your employer to lower the costs of your premiums by up to $2,500 a year.

Campaign Ad
OBAMA: And we'll cut the costs of a typical family's health care by up to $2,500 per year.

March 14, 2008
OBAMA: And if you've got health care, we're gonna work with your employer to lower your premiums by $2,500 per family per year.

February 23, 2008
OBAMA: And we will lower premiums for the typical family by $2,500 a year.

June 17, 2007
OBAMA: And cut the cost of health care by up to $2,500 per family.

August 17, 2008
OBAMA: And if you already have health care, then we're gonna work with your employer to lower your premiums by up to $2,500 per family per year.

Campaign Ad
EVAN BAYH: Barack's policies will provide health care cost reductions of about $2,500 for the typical family.

June 27, 2008
OBAMA: It's time to bring down the typical family's premium by about $2,500. And it's time to bring down the costs for the entire country.

February 19, 2008
OBAMA: And if you already have health insurance, we will lower your premiums by $2,500 per family per year.

April 22, 2008
OBAMA: We're gonna work with your employer through a catastrophic reinsurance plan to lower premiums by $2,500 per family per year.

October 15, 2008
OBAMA: The only thing we're gonna try to do is lower costs so that those cost savings are passed on to you. And we estimate we can cut the average family's premium by about $2,500 a year.

March 1, 2008
OBAMA: We'll work with your employer to lower your premiums by $2,500 per family per year.

Campaign Ad
NARRATOR: Barack Obama will provide rural America with affordable health care, and save the typical American family $2,500 a year.

May 30, 2008
OBAMA: And reduces every family's premiums by as much as $2,500.

April 20, 2008
OBAMA: If your employer does offer you health care, then we're gonna work with your employer to lower premiums by up to $2,500 per family per year.

March 13, 2008
OBAMA: And cut the cost of a typical family's premiums by up to $2,500 per family per year

You guys are like toddlers. This has been explained to you many times. Grow up.

The cost of healthcare is rising at slowest rate in 13 years under the PPACA, not 70 years as Obama said. (unless he has numbers that are not yet published at the Fed) Note how healthcare cost went way down under Clinton & soared under Reagan, Bush 1 & 2
fredgraph.png

So, if the insurance rate's increase has slowed down under Obama over the course of 5 years versus the previous year's increase staying the same as far as rate increases, that's a savings insurance holders saw. It looks like if insurance would have continued at the rate of it's rise, it'd be costing around $11,000, it's around 9,500 to 10,000. At least that's one way of looking at things.
Say, I have a question, the claims that healthcare insurance rates (premiums) have increased, is that including Obamacare with the subsidies or just your private insurance?
Personally, I'd like to see Obamacare cease and switched to "public option". I hate the mandate.

Mine went up $6000 a year, no subsidy. Just $6000 more of my hard earned money. It is pure BS.

Who is going to be paying for all the subsidies, and the overcosts for the insurance companies he has guaranteed? Not anything the government is making because it produces nothing but more costs to tax payers. Once again, working Americans will be picking up that tab along with their premium increases and higher deductibles and out of pocket costs.

And that's why "public option" is the best format.
Also, you do realize your insurance goes up every year to cover the unpaid cost the uninsured incurred when when being medically treated and not paying for it don't you?

fredgraph.png

Mine went up $6000 a year, no subsidy. Just $6000 more of my hard earned money. It is pure BS.

Bullshit.

So, in your warped little mind, health care costs going up at a slower rate is a bad thing? Take away ACA and those costs would be skyrocketing upward.
You see, this is why I see gramps as being a typical ignorant gop member. He would prefer to see ACA repealed even if his health care costs go up at a faster rate. In other words, in the end ACA will probably put money in his pocket but he will not stand for that. It is kind of like poking yourself in the eye with a sharp stick. I'll never understand those who continue to support the gop.

Ron, man. Don't take it personally but you're just dumb as shit. The claim frm Obama was "healthcare costs would decline under Obamacare immediately." They haven't declined. Theyve gone up. That means that he lied in his statement. Do you get that part?
Hummm ..... Here is a simple fact for you: It took the Queen Mary about 7 miles to go from full speed to zero speed. Why is this important? Because that is exactly what we can expect from health care costs. First we can expect the rate of increase to slow and over the years to eventually stop rising. Bear in mind that this program is in its infancy. Only someone who is a complete idiot, like yourself for example, would expect health care costs that were skyrocketing to be falling overnight.
Oh, and the part I get is that you are so consumed by hate for Obama that virtually everything you post is just one mud ball after another. It is why I and others cannot take anything you post seriously.
Let's try a little test to see how strong your hated for Obama is. Answer these simple statements with an 'agree' or 'disagree.'
Helping keep GM and Chrysler above water and preserving millions of jobs was a good thing.

Ron, man, you dont get it. Obama promised he would start by reducing premiums. He did not promise they would start slowing increasing and then go down. He promisd they would decrease. The opposite has happened. That makes what he said a lie. Do you not get that part?

Last edited:
By as much as 2500, WHICH HAS HAPPENED. With more savings FOREVER as the transparent competition heats up...

Ron, man, you dont get it. Obama promised he would start by reducing premiums. He did not promise they would start slowing increasing and then go down. He promisd they would decrease. The opposite has happened. That makes what he said a lie. Do you not get that part?
I do get this, I get that your hatred of President Obama is so great that you have completely lost touch with reality. I gave you a list of Obama accomplishment and you are unwilling to state whether you agree or disagree. You are unable to acknowledge that many of the action Obama has taken have been of benefit to the people of America. Show you have some marbles to go with that twig you have and answer my questions. Show the board whether you are level headed or whether you are a blind hater who is unable to see past your nose.

The higher costs come mainly from red states and rural areas where there is less competition. Strange, eh, Pub dupe? LOL

fredgraph.png

Our insurance went up $900 for basically the same plan we have carried for 7 years. $6,000, holy shit!!!

When do the dupes figure out they should include the subsidies when figuring out savings, anyway? lol

900/month? bs- but if so, thank your pub state gov't and their insurer cronies...

ron, man. Don't take it personally but you're just dumb as shit. The claim frm obama was "healthcare costs would decline under obamacare immediately." they haven't declined. Theyve gone up. That means that he lied in his statement. Do you get that part?
hummm ..... Here is a simple fact for you: It took the queen mary about 7 miles to go from full speed to zero speed. Why is this important? Because that is exactly what we can expect from health care costs. First we can expect the rate of increase to slow and over the years to eventually stop rising. Bear in mind that this program is in its infancy. Only someone who is a complete idiot, like yourself for example, would expect health care costs that were skyrocketing to be falling overnight.
oh, and the part i get is that you are so consumed by hate for obama that virtually everything you post is just one mud ball after another. It is why i and others cannot take anything you post seriously.
let's try a little test to see how strong your hated for obama is. Answer these simple statements with an 'agree' or 'disagree.'
taking the us out of iraq was a good thing.
getting out of afghanistan by the end of 2014 was a good thing.
millions of people who didn't have health insurance now have health insurance.
not going to war in libya was a good thing.
not going to war in egypt was a good thing.
not going to war in syria is a good thing.
helping to get rid of syria's poison gas was a good thing.
providing federal aid to areas hit by natural disasters is a good thing.
helping keep gm and chrysler above water and preserving millions of jobs was a good thing.

we could keep our health insurance. we couldn't. for many the insurance they had was junk insurance. They paid almost nothing for it and they received almost zero coverage. They would have been better off with out their junk insurance.
we could keep our doctors. only if they fit the network we were in. isn't this a problem to take up with your doctor? If it was their decision not to be part of aca based on their politics how is this obama's fault? Talk to your doctor.
we would see $2500 savings for a family. costs have gone up. you provide no link for this. I suspect you will find that for some families the cost may have gone up with better insurance but for other families the cost may have gone down. Provide some proof for your assertion.
millions of people who didn't have health insurance now have health insurance. millions who did have health insurance, lost their insurance. they lost their insurance because in most cases they had poor insurance to begin with. The have insurance now that is better than what they lost.

i'm sorry, but he has failed and failed miserably on what he has promised. I tire of the spin and the bs if the aca is as bad as you people keep screaming why have 7,500,000 people signed up for it. If i recall right you people predicted a complete failure in this area. Also, if the aca is so bad why has its approval surpassed 50%? If 50%+ of the population now approve of aca it kind of says that your people were wrong..
ff

Last edited:
At any rate, it's now guaranteed, can't be shut down, there's a cap on how much you can pay a year, and if you lose your job, you still get Medicaid. ALL NEW.

In fact he admitted that they are going up.

He said under Sebelius the costs for healthcare have gone UP at their slowest rate since 1950.

Comments were made during send off speech for her since she resigned.

He's a day late and a few hundred million dollars short the majority of us knew this a long time ago.

Forum List

Back