Obama: Latinos can't be trusted with forks

Okay, quote where the story implied that Hispanics were singled out where other groups were not.

Candy how many people knew of this procedure before this got out?......i didnt and neither did a hell of a lot of Latinos....so that is what this looks like to them.....already in my office the Mexicans are saying hey i am not allowed to use a fork and knive around you people.....i might stab ya.....now the guy was joking....but there it is....

Well, what happened was that someone from the group made an announcement. It didn't "get out"; she made an announcement. I would think it obvious that she wasn't schooled on protocol if that is your question.

It could have just as easily been a convention of auto wholesalers, seamstresses, or surfers.

The fact of the matter is that this is routine secret service procedurere.

and who knew?.....im sure there have been many groups in this situation before.....why hasnt it happened before?.....so know it happens with Latinos and it gets out about the silverware..so you cant blame them for feeling THEY are being singled out..because to many of them,it just might look like that........it is just another thing Obama is going to have to deal with....

Candy how many people knew of this procedure before this got out?......i didnt and neither did a hell of a lot of Latinos....so that is what this looks like to them.....already in my office the Mexicans are saying hey i am not allowed to use a fork and knive around you people.....i might stab ya.....now the guy was joking....but there it is....

Well, what happened was that someone from the group made an announcement. It didn't "get out"; she made an announcement. I would think it obvious that she wasn't schooled on protocol if that is your question.

It could have just as easily been a convention of auto wholesalers, seamstresses, or surfers.

and who knew?.....im sure there have been many groups in this situation before.....why hasnt it happened before?.....so know it happens with Latinos and it gets out about the silverware..so you cant blame them for feeling THEY are being singled out..because to many of them,it just might look like that........it is just another thing Obama is going to have to deal with....

I doubt they do feel singled out but excellent job of trying to make them feel that way.

:clap2:

I doubt they do feel singled out but excellent job of trying to make them feel that way.

I don't doubt it. It happened. Obama thinks he can piss on people's shoes and tell them it's raining and they'll believe it. Not any more.

you dont think some will look at it like that Ravi?......you better give yourself a hand then.....because it has already started.....the comment section in the LA Times and OC Register as well as a Spanish paper my neighbor showed me.....he was laughing the Headline was......"Lo que la horquilla?".....(what the Fork?)......and some of the commentary was not joking.....give yourself another hand Ravi....

you dont think some will look at it like that Ravi?......you better give yourself a hand then.....because it has already started.....the comment section in the LA Times and OC Register as well as a Spanish paper my neighbor showed me.....he was laughing the Headline was......"Lo que la horquilla?".....(what the Fork?)......and some of the commentary was not joking.....give yourself another hand Ravi....
I have no doubt that there are extremely partisan Latinos with chips on their shoulders and they will cry about this....but the non-partisans will merely roll their eyes.

I have no doubt that there are extremely partisan Latinos with chips on their shoulders and they will cry about this....but the non-partisans will merely roll their eyes.

You have to be "extreme" and "partisan" to take offense to not being trusted with a fork. :badgrin:

The fact of the matter is that this is routine secret service procedure

Not sure what you're saying. You're using a sentence structure with which I'm not familiar.

A person at the group sponsoring the dinner made the announcement and thats how it "got out".

It will be something Obama may have to deal with.

Moreover; the Secret Service is the one with egg on it's face (if there is egg to be on someone's face that is). Those saying Obama did this are simply either willfully distorting the truth or are simply ignorant of the facts.

Not sure what you're saying. You're using a sentence structure with which I'm not familiar.

A person at the group sponsoring the dinner made the announcement and thats how it "got out".

Moreover; the Secret Service is the one with egg on it's face (if there is egg to be on someone's face that is). Those saying Obama did this are simply either willfully distorting the truth or are simply ignorant of the facts.

You so wish that you could pretend that Obama isn't responsible for SS actions. He is. Especially when they are directly representing him at his own event. That's what being a leader is about. You take responsibility for the actions of your subordinates. If Obama can't do that (and he repeatedly hasn't cough: GSA) then he needs to go. We need leadership, not excuses.

i agree....but at the same time those Anti-Obama Latinos,and they do exist,will be spinning this as well as the pro-Illegal Activist spin their shit.....we will see how the WH responds to this.....if they dont....well then that will be on them.....

they were doing it for Obamas safety......were they not?.....thats all the spin meisters need to know.....

You so wish that you could pretend that Obama isn't responsible for SS actions. He is. Especially when they are directly representing him at his own event. That's what being a leader is about. You take responsibility for the actions of your subordinates. If Obama can't do that (and he repeatedly hasn't cough: GSA) then he needs to go. We need leadership, not excuses.

this whole thing should have been handled better.....one guy out here commented....did they frisk everyone and check the Ladies purses to make sure no one stole anything to use later?......

i agree....but at the same time those Anti-Obama Latinos,and they do exist,will be spinning this as well as the pro-Illegal Activist spin their shit.....we will see how the WH responds to this.....if they dont....well then that will be on them.....
You know I like you Harry, but you're getting pretty nutty on this thread. :eusa_eh:

Too fucking funny--the lengths you go to to smear the President. By the way, where is your "evidence" about Obama being born in Kenya. Surely a YouTube video isn't your only piece of evidence is it?

He wasn't responsible for this; the Secret Service is and was. You're being your usual ass so I feel unencumbered to point out the various ways that others have screwed up. According to your logic, Bush was responsible for Abu Grahib then, right? The Pat Tillman scandal was his doing too? Accoring to your logic Johnson was responsible for My Lai? Was Nixon responsible for Apollo 13 too?

Man, you really hate that a black man is president.

Too fucking funny--the lengths you go to to smear the President. By the way, where is your "evidence" about Obama being born in Kenya. Surely a YouTube video isn't your only piece of evidence is it?

He wasn't responsible for this; the Secret Service is and was. You're being your usual ass so I feel unencumbered to point out the various ways that others have screwed up. According to your logic, Bush was responsible for Abu Grahib then, right? The Pat Tillman scandal was his doing too? Accoring to your logic Johnson was responsible for My Lai? Was Nixon responsible for Apollo 13 too?

Man, you really hate that a black man is president.

According to liberal logic, Bush was responsible for Abu Grahib. The NYT did about 30 front page stories on it and editorialized that it was so. Are you telling me that you weren't on that bandwagon?

But hell, that's just something that happened half a world away without Bush's knowledge. You want to excuse something that Obama has direct control over like his own personal security detail.

Forum List

Back