Obama looks so small compared to this great man

Interesting clip..

I notice that when Obama greets the 6th graders tyhere are no teleprompters in the room, but when you switch to the teleprompters, it is a different room and there are no 6th graders

You aren't trying to trick us are you?

It is a well-known fact (also internationally) that Obama NEVER speaks without teleprompter.

More right wing BULLSHIT. Did you watch Obama when he showed up at the House Republican's retreat in 2010?

Oh, that's right, Fox News cut away because Obama was dissecting Republicans on national TV.

Obama Goes To GOP Lions' Den -- And Mauls The Lions

President Obama traveled to a House Republican retreat in Baltimore on Friday and delivered a performance that was at once defiant, substantive and engaging. For roughly an hour and a half, Obama lectured GOP leaders and, in a protracted, nationally-televised question-and-answer session, deflected their policy critiques, corrected their misstatements and scolded them for playing petty politics. (Full video and transcript available HERE.)

White House officials told the Huffington Post they were absolutely ecstatic. MSNBC's Luke Russert, who was on the scene in Baltimore, relayed that a Republican official and other GOP aides had confided to him that allowing the "cameras to roll like that" was a "mistake."

So effective was the president that Fox News cut away from the broadcast 20 minutes before it ended.

Obama assumed the role of responsible adult to the GOP children, or, at the very least, of a college professor teaching and lecturing a room full of students.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BE9_x7xTo]Obama Faces GOP On Its Talking Points - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting clip..

I notice that when Obama greets the 6th graders tyhere are no teleprompters in the room, but when you switch to the teleprompters, it is a different room and there are no 6th graders

It is a well-known fact (also internationally) that Obama NEVER speaks without teleprompter.

More right wing BULLSHIT. Did you watch Obama when he showed up at the House Republican's retreat in 2010?

Oh, that's right, Fox News cut away because Obama was dissecting Republicans on national TV.

President Obama traveled to a House Republican retreat in Baltimore on Friday and delivered a performance that was at once defiant, substantive and engaging. For roughly an hour and a half, Obama lectured GOP leaders and, in a protracted, nationally-televised question-and-answer session, deflected their policy critiques, corrected their misstatements and scolded them for playing petty politics. (Full video and transcript available HERE.)

White House officials told the Huffington Post they were absolutely ecstatic. MSNBC's Luke Russert, who was on the scene in Baltimore, relayed that a Republican official and other GOP aides had confided to him that allowing the "cameras to roll like that" was a "mistake."

So effective was the president that Fox News cut away from the broadcast 20 minutes before it ended.

Obama assumed the role of responsible adult to the GOP children, or, at the very least, of a college professor teaching and lecturing a room full of students.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BE9_x7xTo]Obama Faces GOP On Its Talking Points - YouTube[/ame]

The whole world knows it and has commented on it. Get over it; It's been a trend for the last few administrations. It's just reached it's absolute pinnacle under Obama.

The whole world knows it and has commented on it. Get over it; It's been a trend for the last few administrations. It's just reached it's absolute pinnacle under Obama.

Barack Obama is probably the MOST capable President of speaking extemporaneously since JFK.

Reagan and G.W. Bush were controlled by 'handlers'

"I always believed as a speechwriter that if you could persuade the president to commit himself to certain words, he would feel himself committed to the ideas that underlay those words. And the big shock to me has been that although the president said the words, he just did not absorb the ideas. And that is the root of, maybe, everything."
David Frum - Speechwriter for George W. Bush

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference."
Mort Sahl

Thank You Mr. President - 49 second video

Helen-Thomas-Feb-08_4_1.jpg

Reagan and the press...

When President Reagan first took over the oval office, we would throw questions at President Reagan, and he would answer them.

Well, his three top aides were apoplectic. They didn’t know what was coming out of his mouth. They taught the president to say “this is not a press conference”, and they had him quite trained on that.

And one day we asked him what was happening, and he said to us: “I can’t answer that”. We said ‘why’?

“Because they won’t let me”, he pointed to Baker, Meese and Deaver standing behind, very grim.

“They won’t let me”…I said, ‘but you’re the President’…

Obama Faces GOP On Its Talking Points - YouTube

Barack Obama is probably the MOST capable President of speaking extemporaneously since JFK.

"I always believed as a speechwriter that if you could persuade the president to commit himself to certain words, he would feel himself committed to the ideas that underlay those words. And the big shock to me has been that although the president said the words, he just did not absorb the ideas. And that is the root of, maybe, everything."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference."
Mort Sahl

Reagan and the press...

When President Reagan first took over the oval office, we would throw questions at President Reagan, and he would answer them.

Well, his three top aides were apoplectic. They didn’t know what was coming out of his mouth. They taught the president to say “this is not a press conference”, and they had him quite trained on that.

And one day we asked him what was happening, and he said to us: “I can’t answer that”. We said ‘why’?

“Because they won’t let me”, he pointed to Baker, Meese and Deaver standing behind, very grim.

I am not talking about whether Obama is a good speaker or not. I'm talking about the well-known fact that Obama NEVER speaks without teleprompter. Learn to accept reality instead of trying to pander to partisan ignorance.

Reagan wasn't perfect. None of em are.

Reagan inherited one hell of a mess and it took some time but he certainly got this country rocking.

I sure as hell wish he were running the show today instead of that incompetent idiot Barry boy.
And Obama didn't inherit one hell of a mess?

Who inherited a larger mess?

Ronald Reagan.

Any sane, reasonable, and educated American knows that you are wrong.

Meanwhile... Mr. Soetoro is spending America's birthday (July 4th) in France... How decidedly fitting for the Commander in Choom.

Very fitting considering that without help from France we would likely have lost the Revolutionary War.

But hey - don't let history get in your way.

I HATE that France has given us so much and we hate them for it.

As for the "great man" nonsense, Reagan started us on the path to destruction. Thanks to him, we became a debtor nation.

If not for Nancy and his handlers, he would have stumbled and mumbled through his incredible ignorance.

Like both Bush's, he was on vacation for most of his presidency. The three of them took much more (TAX FUNDED) vacation time than President Obama has but the rw's defend that and lie about the Obama's.

Ronnie Ray-Gun was nothing but a lucky idiot and anything BUT "great".

Mort Sahl

Reagan and the press...

I am not talking about whether Obama is a good speaker or not. I'm talking about the well-known fact that Obama NEVER speaks without teleprompter. Learn to accept reality instead of trying to pander to partisan ignorance.

More BULLSHIT. EVERY president when giving a formal speech uses notes. A teleprompter is just a device that projects those notes.

Learn to accept reality that you are just parroting an ignorant right wing partisan attack on the duly elected President of the United States.

Why does this shit matter and brought up so often?

Yup. He lied, then confessed under immunity, then the government violated the immunity to try and convict him. It was rightfully overturned.

However, none of that changes that

"No commie made Ollie lie, asshole.

No commie made Ollie break the law, asshole."

Too Tall, if Ollie had won the VA race for senator some time back, when he raised his hand to take the oath, who would have believed him?

I would have asked him how many innocent Vietnamese children did he kill to get his Silver Star, Bronze Star Medal and two Purple Heart medals. And, did he throw his medals away and rat out his fellow Marines while they were still fighting and dying in Vietnam.

You may recall who it was that did that and DID get elected to public office.

So what? A false analogy. How many of our legislators and leaders dropped hell fire in WWII on the enemy and got elected to office?

What is wrong with your brain?

Ollie is part of the race that believes in lying, cheating, violating the law is OK in the cause of a 'higher morality.' If we are parsing that situational ethos, then, in his case, he should have gone to federal prison.

Ollie North was given a job to do, he saluted and did it the only way he knew to get around a Senate that wanted to allow the Communists to take over Central America.
What is wrong with your brain?

Meanwhile... Mr. Soetoro is spending America's birthday (July 4th) in France... How decidedly fitting for the Commander in Choom.

Very fitting considering that without help from France we would likely have lost the Revolutionary War.

But hey - don't let history get in your way.

I HATE that France has given us so much and we hate them for it.

As for the "great man" nonsense, Reagan started us on the path to destruction. Thanks to him, we became a debtor nation.

If not for Nancy and his handlers, he would have stumbled and mumbled through his incredible ignorance.

Like both Bush's, he was on vacation for most of his presidency. The three of them took much more (TAX FUNDED) vacation time than President Obama has but the rw's defend that and lie about the Obama's.

Ronnie Ray-Gun was nothing but a lucky idiot and anything BUT "great".

Very stupid, even by your standards.

Why does this shit matter and brought up so often?

I don't have a hang-up about it. Apparently some of the pro- and anti-Obamacrowd do.

It's just a fact.

Mort Sahl

Reagan and the press...

More BULLSHIT. EVERY president when giving a formal speech uses notes. A teleprompter is just a device that projects those notes.

Learn to accept reality that you are just parroting an ignorant right wing partisan attack on the duly elected President of the United States.

How little faith you must have in Obama to be so willfully blind. Or is it just your natural ignorance?

Mort Sahl

Reagan and the press...

Oopps libs have a problem with words they never learned growing up liberal..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkK65y_-T4]Obama can't pronounce "corpsman" - YouTube[/ame]

Reagan wasn't perfect. None of em are.

Reagan inherited one hell of a mess and it took some time but he certainly got this country rocking.

I sure as hell wish he were running the show today instead of that incompetent idiot Barry boy.
And Obama didn't inherit one hell of a mess?

Who inherited a larger mess?

Ronald Reagan.

Did Reagan inherit two wars and an economy that had just lost 3 million jobs in six months?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkK65y_-T4]Obama can't pronounce "corpsman" - YouTube[/ame]

The majority of Americans who did not serve in the military do not know what a corpsman is

Interesting clip..

That was amazing. So the "whole world knows" bullshit is instantly shot down in flames.

Brilliant.

The majority of Americans who did not serve in the military do not know what a corpsman is

Umm....I learned that word in elementry school

Forum List

Back