Obama looks to ban Social Security recipients from owning guns

This is a crazy idea for a law but if obozo wants it done he needs to go to congress. He can't be allowed to do this on his own. The constitution says only congress can write laws.

This is a crazy idea for a law but if obozo wants it done he needs to go to congress. He can't be allowed to do this on his own. The constitution says only congress can write laws.

That hasn't stopped him from trying.

I am still lost.....

Isn't this targeting a group ?

If you are unable to manage your affairs......does age really matter. Or are we going to give young people who might fail the test guns ?

Why does age or Social Security matter ?

The OP is somewhat misleading.

But in looking at the summary.....it seems we are unfairly targeting a group.

Just for Jews. Hitler liked guns, and repealed German gun laws.
Yup. obama just wants to disarm Conservatives.
If he did that wouldn't amount to much as we don't have them anymore. We have reactionary little asswipes, American Taliban, and Ayn Rand morons like those here, but no conservatives.

Sounds like someone who just ran out of arguments.

"...marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease..."

Are these really the preferred qualities of the law-abiding gun owner? :dunno:

Who decides...politicians....

I think that description pretty much describes all of them.

For sure it describes Obama. just a horrible human being
First we have to determine if that POS is actually a human being, look how he covered up the first beast being a transvestite.

you people will lose

Your racism will kill your party dead.

the world will take turns spitting on your graves forever

"...marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease..."

It does no good to tell a mentally ill person they cant have a gun. Obama needs to publicize a list of nutjobs. But most Democrats prefer to publicize gun owners list instead.

We need a registered nutjob list just like the registered sex offender list that can be accessed by smartphone so any citizen can make sure the person they know has a gun is competent & allowed to have it. This would have prevented Sandy Hook school shooting & many others.

Obama looks to ban Social Security recipients from owning guns

Good plan...
It is my prayer that we put people like you with your opinions in concentration camps.
Once a Nazi, always a Nazi...
you think like they do,are you referring to yourself?...
Talk to the Concentration Camp fan, that's not me.
sure it is....the nazi;s thought that all handicapped people should be put to death too....just like you....

PLEASE commies, come and take them!

Can I have a week's notice to load them all?
Not much point in having a gun that isn't loaded. Are you planning to garden with it?
8 of them ARE loaded, including the one holstered at my waist. It will take some time to load the rest.
Better get packing then, pun intended. Wait, is that a black helicopter I hear??
No, it's my motorcycle. I'm coming to revoke your citizenship.
This nation was founded by my people for people like me. You are an American in name only. Feel free to leave, I'll help you pack.
YOUR people?....wait let me tell George.....

di-YQIO.gif

8 of them ARE loaded, including the one holstered at my waist. It will take some time to load the rest.
Better get packing then, pun intended. Wait, is that a black helicopter I hear??
No, it's my motorcycle. I'm coming to revoke your citizenship.
This nation was founded by my people for people like me. You are an American in name only. Feel free to leave, I'll help you pack.
Your people????? Fuck you! My 7 times great grandfather was the only person to sign the Articles of Confederation, The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution. Fuck you and your people. Your people want to disarm half the public like the people my people won our independence from.
He was a Liberal, you aren't. If you aren't a liberal then you are an American in name only. Who your g-g-g-g-g-g-g-grandfather was matters not a damn.

And there were two, BTW:

Roger Sherman (1723-1793)—Roger Sherman was a member of the Committee of Five that was chosen to write the Declaration of Independence. He and Robert Morris were the only individuals to sign the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. He was the Judge of the Superior Court of Connecticut from 1766-1789, a member of the Continental Congress from 1774-81; 1783-84 and a delegate to the Constitutional Convention in 1787. Sherman proposed the famed “Connecticut Compromise” at the convention and represented Connecticut in the United States Senate from 1791-93.
Articles of Confederation US Constitution Constitution Day Materials Pocket Constitution Book Bill of Rights
i got news for you dipshit....if you were born here you are an American, no matter if you are liberal or conservative.....its assholes like you that are keeping this Country divided....can i help buy you a ticket out?....

this addresses people who have been declared incompetency to manage their own affairs....i do not see why not allowing someone with dementia to buy a gun is a bad thing.....here is why there is no compromise.....between gun people and anti gun people...neither side seems capable of telling the truth
i do not see why not allowing someone with dementia to buy a gun is a bad thing
i agree bones....and if someone cant see that they had better get a seeing-eye dog....

Is that why the President expanded gun carry into national parks?

The other major pro-gun law Obama signed allows Amtrak passengers to carry guns in checked baggage, reversing a ban that was put in place after 9/11, according to USA Today.

In addition to signing pro-gun laws, the Chicago Tribune has pointed out, Obama also failed to make good on a campaign promise to close a loophole that let some people buy guns without background checks.

It's not so shocking then that the Brady Campaign gave Obama an F in January 2010.

Gun Laws Obama Has Signed - Business Insider
Let's see if you can tell us what that loop hole is, Exactly which people buy guns without a background check?

My first gut-level reaction when reading this thread-title was: Bullshit.

My second gut-level reaction when reading this thread-title was: Good luck with that in front of SCOTUS.

My third gut-level reaction when reading this thread title was: Maybe that's not such a bad idea.

Depending upon the criteria being used to screen owners.

If you have a debilitating mental or physical condition that would render you a danger to the community, you probably should not have a gun.

But I also understand the danger of setting too draconian a Legal Precedent in this context, and that makes me a little nervous about individual rights.

I have to give this one a little more thought.

I see both sides of the argument.

The other major pro-gun law Obama signed allows Amtrak passengers to carry guns in checked baggage, reversing a ban that was put in place after 9/11, according to USA Today.

In addition to signing pro-gun laws, the Chicago Tribune has pointed out, Obama also failed to make good on a campaign promise to close a loophole that let some people buy guns without background checks.

It's not so shocking then that the Brady Campaign gave Obama an F in January 2010.

Let's see if you can tell us what that loop hole is, Exactly which people buy guns without a background check?

Private guns sales person to person

If he did that wouldn't amount to much as we don't have them anymore. We have reactionary little asswipes, American Taliban, and Ayn Rand morons like those here, but no conservatives.

Sounds like someone who just ran out of arguments.
He'll have more once Progressive Underground issues todays "Thought of the Day".

you people will lose
Your racism will kill your party dead.
the world will take turns spitting on your graves forever

Yup - these white-hating liberals and their racist demand for more affirmative action will kill off the demo party.

• It was nazis who banned gun ownership.

OK you're not as dumb as I thought.
Private sales: I've known my next door neighbor for 5 years. He is a good man of excellent character. He holds an Alabama concealed carry permit. He's a patriot, a father and supports his family.
I sold him a shotgun. Is that wrong? Should we both been required to go to some bureaucracy somewhere and have them conduct a background check? For a fee?
I gave my daughter a derringer. She has a Connecticut Pistol permit. Should I have had her go through a background check?

It does no good to tell a mentally ill person they cant have a gun. Obama needs to publicize a list of nutjobs. But most Democrats prefer to publicize gun owners list instead.

We need a registered nutjob list just like the registered sex offender list that can be accessed by smartphone so any citizen can make sure the person they know has a gun is competent & allowed to have it. This would have prevented Sandy Hook school shooting & many others.
Maybe instead of targeting those collecting social security, we should target those under, say, 30 years of age. How many school shooting have been done by crazies over 65? Most, if not all were done by those under 30.

• It was nazis who banned gun ownership.

In most cases private gun sales have to go through a licenced gun dealer.
try again.

Forum List

Back