Obama mans up and apologizes for his misstatement on keeping insurance

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
Obama on health plan cancellations: 'I am sorry' | MSNBC

“I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based, based on assurances they got from me. We’ve got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this.”

This was the right thing to do.

Well, it is about time! The saying, Better late than never, really does not apply. Just how many people or how many stations on TV had to say he was lying before he finally had to come up and say, "I'm sorry."

It's not okay, Mr. President. Now do something about it.

That's it... according to MSNBC? You call it "manning up" when deliberate lies are interpreted as "miss-statements" and all the pres. is required to say is "I'm sorry" for the inconvenience?

He had no other choice than to lie again.....he's not sorry, he knew what he was doing. I don't believe that he kept repeating those words and not ONE of his crony's that knew the law, didn't set him straight after the first 3 times he said it!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
'Manning up' would be not lying to the American people about being able to keep their insurance. 'Manning up' would be not to continue lying about it after the fact people DID lose their insurance.

“I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based, based on assurances they got from me. We’ve got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this.”

I see the new spin is out from Democratic headquarters.

Expect the rest of the Dem-o-bots to start harping the party line shortly.

I am glad he is opening the door for change. I expect he will address those people losing their policies and come up with a solution. The ACA is not perfect, but it should not be totally repealed as the call from the GOP stands. If there are fixes to improve the program, just like there are fixes to improve the web site, then get them done.

The ACA is not going away. Whining and shutting down the government accomplished....what.....Oh about a 25 Billion dollar loss to the US economy. If the GOP can return this gesture with a legitimate plan to improve the ACA, then maybe we will get somewhere.

REPEAL...REPEAL....REPEAL....just don't cut it.

Fuck him.

He lied, that mother fucking cock hole LIED.

Americans are suffering b/c HE FUCKING LIED

And this is what they get? more lies

fuck liberals, fuck all you hateful sheep

"Look at how great Obama is! He's sorry we believed him, but we need to buck up now!"

What a jackass. He lied. He knows it, we know it, everybody knows it.

Of course, there were those of us who knew he was lying as he was doing it. In that case, he knew it, and we knew it..but his devoted cult following did not.

Lol, okay lets say bush really did lie about iraq. So if he came out today and said he was sorry it would be the right thing to do? Then all liberals would forgive him and love him? Right?

Last edited:
"Obama mans up?"

Are you fucking joking?

"Manning up" would have involved apologizing early on. "Manning up" would have involved admitting he lied about it to get re-elected.

This more like "I'm stuck in a corner, lying about lying isn't working, many of my fellow Democrats are distancing themselves from me and my signature piece of legislation going so far as to propose bills that will keep the promise I made while lying my ass off."

Fuck your definition of "manning up."

This nothing more than panic manifesting itself in an attempt to save some face.

Last edited:
A lady with stage 4 cancer lost her HC b/c of his lies.

When she dies from lack of care, he will have murdered her.

Not that liberals give a fuck, she's white.

Valerie Jarrett must be livid that she had to finally give in and have Obama go out and do this.

That interview is very good. Chuck Todd is not being easy on him and he is giving very thoughtful and logical explanations.

But you people are never happy. He isn't talking to or especially apologizing to the likes of you.

That interview is very good. Chuck Todd is not being easy on him and he is giving very thoughtful and logical explanations.

But you people are never happy. He isn't talking to or especially apologizing to the likes of you.

Lying is lying, there is no explanation for that.

I am glad he is opening the door for change. I expect he will address those people losing their policies and come up with a solution. The ACA is not perfect, but it should not be totally repealed as the call from the GOP stands. If there are fixes to improve the program, just like there are fixes to improve the web site, then get them done.

The ACA is not going away. Whining and shutting down the government accomplished....what.....Oh about a 25 Billion dollar loss to the US economy. If the GOP can return this gesture with a legitimate plan to improve the ACA, then maybe we will get somewhere.

REPEAL...REPEAL....REPEAL....just don't cut it.

You are the epitome of a liberal bootlicker. You would lick Obama's boots if given the chance.

The ACA is going away all on it's own. When more and more people become upset with the law for forcing them off of their insurance, when more and more people discover the law doesn't deliver the goods--they will call for it to repealed. It will be.

The Republicans warned people about this way back in 2009, to no avail. Liberals had so much confidence in this law that they chose not to investigate the law to see if what the Republicans said about it was true. No fact checking was done on the law, and it passed.

The $25 billion in losses incurred by the shutdown is nothing in comparison to the $6 trillion Obama has racked up in five years. Sure, you're not worried about that though. I'd rather be $25 billion in debt than in $17 trillion. Get it?

Forum List

Back