Obama mans up and apologizes for his misstatement on keeping insurance

As you all are posting your talking points here, people all across the country are saying "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."

ODS. :lol:

ah wrong, only his die hard cult members such you, the boopie, candycane are saying, blah blah blah...but none of you seem to mind making fools of yourselves...

the rest are facing REALITY which sucks for you Obots stooges..

snip:
Pew poll: Disapproval of Obama’s handling of health care soars to 59% among adults

posted at 2:41 pm on November 8, 2013 by Allahpundit

The adult population’s almost always a bit more Democratic than the population of registered voters, who are themselves usually more Democratic than the people who actually show up on election day. Just a fun fact worth mentioning, in case you’re a Democratic senator from a conservative state who’s wondering how to read this poll.

Actually, does this data prove that ObamaCare’s a bust or that basically everything he touched in 2013 is a bust?

all of it
Pew poll: Disapproval of Obama?s handling of health care soars to 59% among adults « Hot Air

Policies that don't meet the requirements are the ones being cancelled. It is the fault of their crappy insurance and them for buying such terrible policies however their insurance company should have given them until after the first of the year to get something else.

The people here seem to think people are cancelled the moment they received the letter. That can't be the case. If it is, the insurance was worse than even I had imagined.

Now is their chance to get some insurance that is designed to cover everyone at an affordable cost.

:lol: I laugh because you must be VERY selective in the threads and posts you read, or has such examples that doesn't fit your view, there are plenty examples of very good coverage being cancelled......

and , you know, I have to add, if I like what I have, why in the world do I need him or you to tell me or weigh in what kind of quality I receive or what I am content with?:eusa_eh:......I don't need you, or obama being my nanny...

tell me sarah why on earth would says a couple both in their 50's with raised children or are childless by choice, with NO plans to have any, be required to carry a plan that covers maternity/pediatrics?

you know, I think you have or are using a very small knowledge base to parse this issue...thats as nice as I can be after seeing this comment.

As you all are posting your talking points here, people all across the country are saying "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."

thx for the confirmation, I am actually sad....but, in the immortal words of eli wallach;'

advance to the 58 second mark and give it a listen....classic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9GE9P56tK4o]Ride On - YouTube[/ame]

No time, I'm working. I have to pay for all that Obamacare bullshit, you know. I mean it isn't as if I can sit around like all you retirees on the entitlements.

Obama on health plan cancellations: 'I am sorry' | MSNBC

“I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based, based on assurances they got from me. We’ve got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this.”

This was the right thing to do.

Wrong! NOT LYING was the right thing to do!

it had to be passed to know what was in it......so perhaps he spoke before he read up on it....:dunno:

:lol: I laugh because you must be VERY selective in the threads and posts you read, or has such examples that doesn't fit your view, there are plenty examples of very good coverage being cancelled......

and , you know, I have to add, if I like what I have, why in the world do I need him or you to tell me or weigh in what kind of quality I receive or what I am content with?:eusa_eh:......I don't need you, or obama being my nanny...

tell me sarah why on earth would says a couple both in their 50's with raised children or are childless by choice, with NO plans to have any, be required to carry a plan that covers maternity/pediatrics?

you know, I think you have or are using a very small knowledge base to parse this issue...thats as nice as I can be after seeing this comment.

thx for the confirmation, I am actually sad....but, in the immortal words of eli wallach;'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9GE9P56tK4o]Ride On - YouTube[/ame]

No time, I'm working. I have to pay for all that Obamacare bullshit, you know. I mean it isn't as if I can sit around like all you retirees on the entitlements.

*shrugs* I am not retired.

I'll be back, I await your response, thx in advance.

You need to get out more often. Or stay on that planet you are on

Seriously, I do not know how someone can continue to lie to themselves after this debacle

They never do this right. People are so sick of Rs and their crazy obsession with Obama that this latest will die out as quickly as everything else they try and hurt him with. People just begin to point and laugh after a few days of this bullshit.

I think you're right. When you have zero credibility due to the birther "scandal", the benghazi "scandal", the open mike "scandal" etc... you've pretty much used up all of your "Look, see, we told you!!!!" opportunities.

After putting it off, Obama has to finally address the nation over his empty promises. It's not about the credibility of Republicans this time around. Now it's the concerns of everyday voters that Obama is directly screwing with this time, through his signature legislation. as he tries to play off his "apology" role as merely "politics as usual". How Obama chooses to respond to the needs of these voters will determine the popularity and future success of Obamacare.

“I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based, based on assurances they got from me. We’ve got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this.”
An apology does not involve being sorry for how they feel......

He should have apologized for not being a more effective leader on this issue.

At least he acknowledges his role in this disaster.

It wasn't an apology at all. He was sorry that millions of Americans KNOW he was lying.

I really don't like the B.S. inference that "he misspoke." No one misspeaks the same thing 32 times--"If you want to keep your present insurance you can." That isn't a misstatement it's a boldfaced LIE.

Cartoon+-+Obamacare+Guide.jpg

I really don't like the B.S. inference that "he misspoke." No one misspeaks the same thing 32 times--"If you want to keep your present insurance you can." That isn't a misstatement it's a boldfaced LIE.

Cartoon+-+Obamacare+Guide.jpg
Correct. A mistatement is made once....perhaps twice if the person is not corrected before making the statement again. Numerous times, over many years, when it is known that the statement was false, is deliberate.

ooohhh no you didn't. :mad:

You're right about one thing though, Obamacare is bullshit. Enjoy the graveyard shift, Sarah!

I have a problem with the thread title. In order to "man up" he'd have to be a man first. The last I checked men don't have hooves and reek of sulfur and brimstone. Moreover, he's a switch hitter! Nothing manly about that.

They never do this right. People are so sick of Rs and their crazy obsession with Obama that this latest will die out as quickly as everything else they try and hurt him with. People just begin to point and laugh after a few days of this bullshit.

I think you're right. When you have zero credibility due to the birther "scandal", the benghazi "scandal", the open mike "scandal" etc... you've pretty much used up all of your "Look, see, we told you!!!!" opportunities.

You don't need credibility when people are getting policy cancellation letters and increased rates. All the apologists can do is say it's overblown or not as bad as the Republicans are making it out to be or that Obama didn't really lie, but Ma and Pa Kettle are getting those cancellation letters and the Joneses they're keeping up with are watching their insurance go from a car payment a month to a mortgage payment a month and with less coverage to boot. Spin it all you want, but Obama said that wasn't going to happen and now it is and when called on it effectively all he said was "sucks to be you."
Policies with less benefits are being cancelled and replaced or upgraded with policies with more benefits. Why should anyone be surprised. We've known policies would either be upgraded or replaced since the law was passed. The cost of the policies are based on the ones ability to pay. The wealthy are outraged of course. Cancellation letters before the ACA was certainly a reason to panic but not now. No one will be rejected that applies for coverage.

Last edited:

You don't need credibility when people are getting policy cancellation letters and increased rates. All the apologists can do is say it's overblown or not as bad as the Republicans are making it out to be or that Obama didn't really lie, but Ma and Pa Kettle are getting those cancellation letters and the Joneses they're keeping up with are watching their insurance go from a car payment a month to a mortgage payment a month and with less coverage to boot. Spin it all you want, but Obama said that wasn't going to happen and now it is and when called on it effectively all he said was "sucks to be you."
Policies with less benefits are being cancelled and replaced or upgraded with policies with more benefits. Why should anyone be surprised. We've known policies would either be upgraded or replaced since the law was passed. The cost of the policies are based on the ones ability to pay. The wealthy are outraged of course. Cancellation letters before the ACA was certainly a reason to panic but not now. No one will be rejected that applies for coverage.

That's not true. There are plenty of people who had BETTER coverage and are losing it because of Obamacare. Here's one.....Loyal Obama Supporters, Canceled by Obamacare - ProPublica

Time for some new pom-poms....:cuckoo:

Once again...

Who can fix the mortgage
General Motors too
A bail out check for me and a bail out check for you
Obama man
yes, Obama man can
Obama man can cause he mixes it with hope and makes the world taste good

Who can give you health care
Who can save the poor
Who can pick the teams that are in the final four
Obama man
yes Obama man can
Obama man can cause he mixes it with hope and makes the world feel good.......

Obama is the MAN!

Ride On - YouTube

You're right about one thing though, Obamacare is bullshit. Enjoy the graveyard shift, Sarah!

We Dems are right about most things that we care to discuss with you all. That's why your only responses are always just calling people names and saying stuff like oh no you're wrong. That's you and all of your fellow TPers. Obama this, Obama that, etc., etc..

I was joking about Obamacare being bullshit. Crack a smile occasionally, to coin a Ronnie Reagan phrase, ya doom and gloomer.

Once again...

Who can fix the mortgage
General Motors too
A bail out check for me and a bail out check for you
Obama man
yes, Obama man can
Obama man can cause he mixes it with hope and makes the world taste good

Who can give you health care
Who can save the poor
Who can pick the teams that are in the final four
Obama man
yes Obama man can
Obama man can cause he mixes it with hope and makes the world feel good.......

Obama is the MAN!

Who'd you lift that from, Rand. :lol:

We Dems are right about most things that we care to discuss with you all. That's why your only responses are always just calling people names and saying stuff like oh no you're wrong. That's you and all of your fellow TPers. Obama this, Obama that, etc., etc..

I was joking about Obamacare being bullshit. Crack a smile occasionally, to coin a Ronnie Reagan phrase, ya doom and gloomer.

Who are you?..There is no way you're the Sarah I know...:lol:

Well how about that folks, Obama gave us all something better...

the hell if you liked what you had, the hell if it's going to cost you more and cost you to lose your regular doctor, hospital, etc

Obama sworry he lied but now suck it you little peons

Our dictator and his comrades in his base have spoken...now sit down and shut up,

It's here to stay, guys. Suck it up and work with the system. You're being dragged kicking and screaming to something better than what you had. Resistance is futile.

There was a 63 year old woman on television this morning talking about how her insurance covers more than her prior insurance. She now has covered pediatric dentistry.

obama should have been honest, but ACA would never have passed if he had. Bob, a single man, will have to pay for insurance coverage for maternity care, not for himself, he is paying the insurance premium for SALLY's maternity care. Sue isn't paying for insurance coverage for jer own non existent children, but paying the premium for Juanita's pediatric dentistry bills.

That's what really happened. According to obama, we should never mind paying "a little more" for the benefit of others.

Using the car insurance analogy that someone gave as a supportive example earlier, it would be like telling Bob, who has his car paid off and opts for liability only, that instead he needs to purchase a full collision and comprehensive policy in order to help support those buyers who have new vehicles with all the bells and whistles. It's only right that Bob be willing, or dictated by the government, to pay extra to help those who need more coverage.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back