Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

this is your ugly President calling YOU the people he SUPPOSEDLY Represents names...you voted for it:clap2:

SNIP:
By Justin Sink - 06/25/13 02:40 PM ET

President Obama angrily blasted climate change skeptics during his energy policy speech Tuesday at Georgetown University, saying he lacked "patience for anyone who denies that this problem is real."

"We don't have time for a meeting of the flat-Earth society," Obama said. "Sticking your head in the sand might make you feel safer, but it's not going to protect you from the coming storm."

Earlier in his remarks, Obama said the "overwhelming judgement of science, of chemistry, of physics, and millions of measurements" put "to rest" questions about pollution affecting the environment.

all of it here
Read more: Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ?flat-Earth society? - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

This President is pushing for GAY marriage and then as a "Christian" imagines that GOD (the Divine ruler of Nature) will simply look the other way or fully agree with this president's assessment of gender bending/blending.:eusa_hand: Is he that arrogant to imagine that government can control the environment if GOD has other plans?

Job 38:4-41
4 “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell me, if you know so much.
5 Who determined its dimensions
and stretched out the surveying line?
6 What supports its foundations,
and who laid its cornerstone
7 as the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

8 “Who kept the sea inside its boundaries
as it burst from the womb,
9 and as I clothed it with clouds
and wrapped it in thick darkness?
10 For I locked it behind barred gates,
limiting its shores.
11 I said, ‘This far and no farther will you come.
Here your proud waves must stop!’

12 “Have you ever commanded the morning to appear
and caused the dawn to rise in the east?
13 Have you made daylight spread to the ends of the earth,
to bring an end to the night’s wickedness?
14 As the light approaches,
the earth takes shape like clay pressed beneath a seal;
it is robed in brilliant colors.
15 The light disturbs the wicked
and stops the arm that is raised in violence.

16 “Have you explored the springs from which the seas come?
Have you explored their depths?
17 Do you know where the gates of death are located?
Have you seen the gates of utter gloom?
18 Do you realize the extent of the earth?
Tell me about it if you know!

19 “Where does light come from,
and where does darkness go?
20 Can you take each to its home?
Do you know how to get there?
21 But of course you know all this!
For you were born before it was all created,
and you are so very experienced!

22 “Have you visited the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of hail?
23 (I have reserved them as weapons for the time of trouble,
for the day of battle and war.)
24 Where is the path to the source of light?
Where is the home of the east wind?

25 “Who created a channel for the torrents of rain?
Who laid out the path for the lightning?
26 Who makes the rain fall on barren land,
in a desert where no one lives?
27 Who sends rain to satisfy the parched ground
and make the tender grass spring up?

28 “Does the rain have a father?
Who gives birth to the dew?
29 Who is the mother of the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens?
30 For the water turns to ice as hard as rock,
and the surface of the water freezes.

31 “Can you direct the movement of the stars—
binding the cluster of the Pleiades
or loosening the cords of Orion?
32 Can you direct the sequence of the seasons
or guide the Bear with her cubs across the heavens?
33 Do you know the laws of the universe?
Can you use them to regulate the earth?

34 “Can you shout to the clouds
and make it rain?
35 Can you make lightning appear
and cause it to strike as you direct?
36 Who gives intuition to the heart
and instinct to the mind?
37 Who is wise enough to count all the clouds?
Who can tilt the water jars of heaven
38 when the parched ground is dry
and the soil has hardened into clods?

39 “Can you stalk prey for a lioness
and satisfy the young lions’ appetites
40 as they lie in their dens
or crouch in the thicket?
41 Who provides food for the ravens
when their young cry out to God
and wander about in hunger?

Job 39:1-30
“Do you know when the wild goats give birth?
Have you watched as deer are born in the wild?
2 Do you know how many months they carry their young?
Are you aware of the time of their delivery?
3 They crouch down to give birth to their young
and deliver their offspring.
4 Their young grow up in the open fields,
then leave home and never return.

5 “Who gives the wild donkey its freedom?
Who untied its ropes?
6 I have placed it in the wilderness;
its home is the wasteland.
7 It hates the noise of the city
and has no driver to shout at it.
8 The mountains are its pastureland,
where it searches for every blade of grass.

9 “Will the wild ox consent to being tamed?
Will it spend the night in your stall?
10 Can you hitch a wild ox to a plow?
Will it plow a field for you?
11 Given its strength, can you trust it?
Can you leave and trust the ox to do your work?
12 Can you rely on it to bring home your grain
and deliver it to your threshing floor?

13 “The ostrich flaps her wings grandly,
but they are no match for the feathers of the stork.
14 She lays her eggs on top of the earth,
letting them be warmed in the dust.
15 She doesn’t worry that a foot might crush them
or a wild animal might destroy them.
16 She is harsh toward her young,
as if they were not her own.
She doesn’t care if they die.
17 For God has deprived her of wisdom.
He has given her no understanding.
18 But whenever she jumps up to run,
she passes the swiftest horse with its rider.

19 “Have you given the horse its strength
or clothed its neck with a flowing mane?
20 Did you give it the ability to leap like a locust?
Its majestic snorting is terrifying!
21 It paws the earth and rejoices in its strength
when it charges out to battle.
22 It laughs at fear and is unafraid.
It does not run from the sword.
23 The arrows rattle against it,
and the spear and javelin flash.
24 It paws the ground fiercely
and rushes forward into battle when the ram’s horn blows.
25 It snorts at the sound of the horn.
It senses the battle in the distance.
It quivers at the captain’s commands and the noise of battle.

26 “Is it your wisdom that makes the hawk soar
and spread its wings toward the south?
27 Is it at your command that the eagle rises
to the heights to make its nest?
28 It lives on the cliffs,
making its home on a distant, rocky crag.
29 From there it hunts its prey,
keeping watch with piercing eyes.
30 Its young gulp down blood.
Where there’s a carcass, there you’ll find it.”

Job 41:8-24
8 “Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
9 Do you have an arm like God’s,
and can your voice thunder like his?
10 Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor,
and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.
11 Unleash the fury of your wrath,
look at all who are proud and bring them low,
12 look at all who are proud and humble them,
crush the wicked where they stand.
13 Bury them all in the dust together;
shroud their faces in the grave.
14 Then I myself will admit to you
that your own right hand can save you.
15 “Look at Behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!
17 Its tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.
18 Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.
19 It ranks first among the works of God,
yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
20 The hills bring it their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants it lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal it in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround it.
23 A raging river does not alarm it;
it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.
24 Can anyone capture it by the eyes,
or trap it and pierce its nose?

Last edited:
395940_842169154111_1010664_37712606_1688554057_n1.jpg

I know this makes me look like a hippy... but srsly ppl :cool:

It makes you look like a gullible moron.

Which brilliant idea is that? They are all too numerous to remember.. :eusa_angel:

If you're refering to moving all of our transportation vehicles away from oil and to hydrogen INSTEAD of plugging them into the grid --- should be obvious. The use of renewables to create the hydrogen is clean and doesn't REQUIRE increased grid generation. The fossil energy deferred is ENORMOUS.

It fixes the wrong-headed use of trying to FORCE these intermittent sources (wind and solar) ONTO the grid in the first place because hydrogen can manufactured anywhere with LOCAL isolated power. And the hydrogen fuel is the "storage" medium that everyone is looking for to SMOOTH the random delivery of wind and solar power. The incentive to use these sources is built in because of the recurring cost of fuel to run the hydrogen refineries..

Win Win Win and Win... You'd think Obama would know this stuff eh? You'd think the eco-nauts would rejoice to the heavens... But what we got here instead is brain-dead attempts to bulldoze 1/2 baked policies over market objections and despite quite obviously high hurdles of having to rewire and repower the entire country instead to accomodate EVehicles..

What's left to solve is an easier problem. And that is the maintenance of the existing grid and expansion of traditional use of electricity WITHOUT worrying about DOUBLING the residential usage from folks charging their vehicles.

We could even AUGMENT THE electrical GRID CAPACITY with Fuel Cell Generators on a more local scale. Burning the same hydrogen fuel that we put our transport fleet on. There have been many industry sized fuel cell power plants big enough to host a subdivision of houses already in service. (they are currently fueled with nat gas -- but that would change with a hydrogen infrastructure)..

Battery stored EVs are extinct. They just don't realize that yet. You cannot charge them in minutes like with Hydrogen FCEVs -- and the RANGE already exceeds that of battery cars without adding as much weight.

You make wild claims, beat your chest every five minutes, and you continue to IGNORE what I have said. I said it will take an 'all hands on deck' approach. Hydrogen? Great! It will serve as one part of the solution. But it seems you want to force ONE solution. WHY? Because you are afraid of the big bad grid.

Iceland is one of the few countries that have filling stations dispensing hydrogen fuel for cars powered by fuel cells. It is also one of a few countries currently capable of producing hydrogen in adequate quantities at a reasonable cost, because of Iceland's plentiful renewable sources of energy.

THE FUTURE OF THE HYDROGEN ECONOMY: BRIGHT OR BLEAK?

In the past, many have considered the production and use of hydrogen, assuming that it is just another gaseous fuel and can be handled much like natural gas in today’s energy economy. With this study we present an analysis of the energy required to operate an elemental hydrogen economy, with particular reference to road transport. High-grade electricity from renewable or nuclear sources is needed not only to generate hydrogen, but also for all the other essential stages. However, because of the molecular structure of hydrogen, the infrastructure is much more energy-intensive than in an oil and natural gas economy.

In a “Hydrogen Economy” the hydrogen, like any other commercial product, is subject to several stages between production and use. Hydrogen has to be packaged by compression or liquefaction, transported by surface vehicles or pipelines, stored, and transferred to the end user. Whether generated by electrolysis or by chemistry, and even if produced locally at filling stations, the gaseous or liquid hydrogen has to undergo these market processes before it can be used by the customer. Hydrogen can also be derived chemically at relatively low cost from natural gas or other hydrocarbons. However, as there are no energetic or environmental advantages, we do not consider this option.

In this study, the energy consumed by each stage is related to the true energy content — the higher heating value (HHV) — of the delivered hydrogen. The analysis reveals that much more energy is needed to operate a hydrogen economy than is required for fossil energy supply and distribution today. In fact, the input of electrical energy to make, package, transport, store and transfer hydrogen may easily exceed the hydrogen energy delivered to the end user — implying an well-to-tank efficiency of less than 50 per cent. However, precious energy can be saved by packaging hydrogen chemically in a synthetic liquid hydrocarbon like methanol or ethanol. To de-couple energy use from global warming, the use of “geocarbons” from fossil sources should be avoided. However, carbon atoms from biomass, organic waste materials or recycled carbon dioxide could become the carriers for hydrogen atoms. Furthermore, energy intensive electrolysis may be partially replaced by the less energy intensive chemical transformation of water and carbon to natural and synthetic hydrocarbons, including bio-methanol and bio-ethanol. Hence, the closed natural hydrogen (water) cycle and the closed natural carbon (CO2) cycle may be used to produce synthetic hydrocarbons for a post-fossil fuel energy economy. As long as the carbon comes from the biosphere (“bio-carbon”), the synthetic hydrocarbon economy would be far better than the elemental hydrogen economy — both energetically and environmentally.

Afraid of the grid?? You're talking with someone who has several degrees in and around Electrical Engineering. Not really concerned with energy efficiency when the "refiners" and transporters have a FREE RENEWABLE energy source. See what I did there?? I just stole one of those rim-shot lines from the enviro-naut crowd...

Keep that flaky shit OFF the grid in general and put it to work making FUEL........

Really? Anyone with even general electrical knowledge knows the importance of efficiency. And ANYONE who claims to have several degrees in electrical engineering would know that 'flaky shit' already exists. That there are HUMAN BEINGS CONTROLLING the grid...:eek::eek::eek: 24 hours, seven days a week, they're WATCHING HOW MUCH ELECTICITY PEOPLE ARE USING...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mann has a degree in tree rings

Phil Jones has a degree in data manipluation

Now Frankie, Mann is not one of the ignoramouses that you post.

Michael E. Mann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doctoral and postgraduate studies[edit]

Mann then attended Yale University, intending to obtain a PhD in physics, and received both an MS and an MPhil in physics in 1991. His interest was in theoretical condensed matter physics but he found himself being pushed towards detailed semiconductor work. He looked at course options with a wider topic area, and was enthused by PhD adviser Barry Saltzman about climate modelling and research. To try this out he spent the summer of 1991 assisting a postdoctoral researcher in simulating the period of peak Cretaceous warmth when CO2 levels were high, but fossils indicated most warming at the poles, with little warming in the tropics. Mann then joined the Yale Department of Geology and Geophysics, obtaining an MPhil in geology and geophysics in 1993. His research focused on natural variability and climate oscillations. He worked with the seismologist Jeffrey Park, and their joint research adapted a statistical method developed for identifying seismological oscillations to find various periodicities in the instrumental temperature record, the longest being about 60 to 80 years. The paper Mann and Park published in December 1994 came to similar conclusions to a study developed in parallel using different methodology and published in January of that year, which found what was later called the Atlantic multidecadal oscillation.[5]

In 1994, Mann participated as a graduate student in the inaugural workshop of the National Center for Atmospheric Research's Geophysical Statistics Project aimed at encouraging active collaboration between statisticians, climatologists and atmospheric scientists. Leading statisticians participated, including Grace Wahba and Arthur P. Dempster.[6]

While still finishing his PhD research, Mann met UMass climate science professor Raymond S. Bradley and began research in collaboration with him and Park. Their research used paleoclimate proxy data from Bradley's previous work and methods Mann had developed with Park, to find oscillations in the longer proxy records. "Global Interdecadal and Century-Scale Climate Oscillations During the Past Five Centuries" was published by Nature in November 1995.[7]

Another study by Mann and Park raised a minor technical issue with a climate model about human influence on climate change: this was published in 1996. In the context of controversy over the IPCC Second Assessment Report the paper was praised by those opposed to action on climate change, and the conservative organisation Accuracy in Media claimed that it had not been publicised due to media bias. Mann defended his PhD thesis on A study of ocean-atmosphere interaction and low-frequency variability of the climate system in the spring of 1996,[8][9] and was awarded the Phillip M. Orville Prize for outstanding dissertation in the earth sciences in the following year. He was granted his PhD in geology and geophysics in 1998.[1]

Mann is a fucking fraud, the biggest scientific fraud since the peppered moth

ClimateGate Star Michael Mann Courts Legal Disaster - Forbes

"One was that the Medieval Warm Period which occurred between about AD 800 and 1100 along with the Little Ice Age (not a true Ice Age) which occurred between about AD 1350-1850 somehow turned up missing. And as for those Yamal tree samples, they came from only 12 specimens of 252 in the data set… while a larger data set of 34 trees from the same vicinity that weren’t used showed no dramatic recent warming, and warmer temperatures in the Middle Ages."

That's "Science"?

Last edited:
No, the biggest scam of all is that people like you think that obese junkies on the radio, and people pretending to be British Lords, neither having any scientific credentials, know more than the scientists.

Willfull ignorance is ugly in the best of circumstances.

Idiots like you think skeptics get all their opinions from Rush Limbaugh. there are plenty of skeptics with scientific credentials. You choose to believe the people with credentials who reinforce your prejudices.

Butt hurt victimhood. The right wing mantra.

If Obama hurts your 'feelings', Harry Truman would have made you cry like the baby you are...
What the hell is wrong with you; slamming somebody you've never dealt with; because he reinforces somebody else's point about the POTUS becoming increasingly insulting?

I voted for Obama twice myself; not because I have any particular confidence in him, but because I saw him as the lesser of two evils, compared to either McSame or Mittens.

No... you're dealing with someone who is trying to cope with a bona fide case of Buyer's Remorse... I regret voting for him, but I felt that I really didn't have much practical choice in the matter, at the time.

Right wing mantra my ass... ditto for being a baby... next time - think - before opening up your pie-hole, eh?

I surmise Obama is sending a strong signal to the citizens who voted FOR the green energy agenda and policies candidate Obama articulated. Many of those supporters doubt his commitment to that green energy agenda and policies. I support him taking on these ignorant flat earthers who will NEVER, EVER support green energy or work with Obama even if he tried to pass laws they support. Obama needs to use the bully pulpit like strong liberal leaders like Give 'em hell Harry did. These flat earthers need to be called exactly what they are. These are the same House Republican leaders and Congressman who pushed through an astonishing 191 votes to weaken environmental protections.

If you talk to these retards for more than a few minutes, you will realize they not only deny climate changes, they don't even believe toxins, carcinogens and pollution causes harm to human, fish and foul.

You need to grow a brain and a spine.

You're a moron. There are no laws that skeptics support. Why should we pass laws to solve a non-problem? Your petulant whining doesn't impress anyone. You can't make your case, so you hurl insults. AGW cult members are all the same.

Mann has a degree in tree rings

Phil Jones has a degree in data manipluation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Jones_(climatologist)

Philip D. Jones (born 1952) is a climatologist at the University of East Anglia, where he works as a Professor in the School of Environmental Sciences. Jones holds a BA in Environmental Sciences from the University of Lancaster, and an MSc and PhD from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.[citation needed] Jones has spent his entire career with East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit (CRU).[1]

His research interests include instrumental climate change, palaeoclimatology, detection of climate change and the extension of riverflow records in the UK. He has also published papers on the temperature record of the past 1000 years.

He is notable for maintaining the time series of the instrumental temperature record.[2] This work was featured prominently in both the 2001 and 2007 IPCC reports, where he was a contributing author to Chapter 12, Detection of Climate Change and Attribution of Causes, of the Third Assessment Report[3] and a Coordinating Lead Author of Chapter 3, Observations: Surface and Atmospheric Climate Change, of the AR4.[4

Philip Jones - University of East Anglia (UEA)

I am the Director of the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) and a Professor in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia in Norwich. I am principally known for the time series of hemispheric and global surface temperatures, which I update on a monthly basis. I have numerous research papers over the last 25 years. I have been a fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society since 1992 and was on the Editorial Committee of the International Journal of Climatology until 1995. I am currently on the editorial board of Climatic Change. I am an elected member of Academia Europaea since 1998.

I was jointly awarded the Hugh Robert Mill Medal in 1995 by the Royal Meteorological Society for work on UK Rainfall Variability, and in 1997 the Outstanding Scientific Paper Award by the Environmental Research Laboratories / NOAA for being a coauthor on the paper "A search for Human Influences on the Thermal Structure of the Atmosphere," by Ben Santer et al. in Nature, 382, 39-46 (1996). More recently I was awarded the first Hans Oesschger Medal from the European Geophysical Society (now the European Geosciences Union) in 2002 and the International Journal of Climatology prize of the Royal Meteoological Society for papers published in the last five years, also in 2002. I am recognised as one of the top 0.5% of highly-cited researchers in the Geosciences field by the ISI (the institute in the US that maintains the Web of Science, where publications and citations are monitored. I was made (2006) a fellow of the American Meteorological Society and was a awarded a Reviewer's Award by the American Geophysical Union (AGU) the same year. In 2009 I have also been made a fellow by the AGU.

Michael Mann is a shyster who was caught red handed trying to perpetrate a fraud on the American public. Phil Jones is even worse. He orchestrated a world wide fraud.

Really? Anyone with even general electrical knowledge knows the importance of efficiency. And ANYONE who claims to have several degrees in electrical engineering would know that 'flaky shit' already exists. That there are HUMAN BEINGS CONTROLLING the grid...:eek::eek::eek: 24 hours, seven days a week, they're WATCHING HOW MUCH ELECTICITY PEOPLE ARE USING...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sure that after you've actually PONDERED all this for more than a couple seconds and realize that all your preconcieved notions about what should happen on energy policy in this country are pretty much irrevelent when the technology and the markets lead the way -- it'll make more sense to you...

Proceeding as if Wind and Solar and Conservation and plug-in EVs and Grid Scale Storage and BIGGER SMARTER grids and ..... as tho ALL of that together is somehow the answer to anything --- would be a MONUMENTAL economical and social disaster.

Your side REALLY needs to SHOUT less about what they want to tear down -- and listen to ideas about what SHOULD be built to take it's place.. Because -- y'all really got NOTHING right now that makes technical or economic sense..

Which is one way to keep energy production centralized. A distributed grid, able to pick up a homeowners 1 kW or a couple of gW's from a nuke would leave the homeowner the option of being both a consumer and a producer of energy.

But that is not something the big energy corperations are enthusiastic about.

There's a whole discussion we could get into about the ecological benefits of keeping industries centralized. Suffice it to say -- It's best to make tires and paint in as FEW cities as possible.

But nobody is gonna prevent a homeowner from making the lousy financial decision of going into the power generation biz with his measly 2 or 4KW installation. And if he thinks he's REALLY saving the planet charging his batterywagon from the fossil fuel powered grid at night, because he sold some energy that day -- Bless his Soul -- as we say in the South.. I'm sure that the financing, insurance, increased roof repair costs, snow sweeping, bird shit cleaning, hail damage fixin' and those premiums tacked on to support A REAL POWER PLANT to back up his solar won't phase the critter in the least.

There's also the fact that siting Hydrogen refineries won't be anyway near as severe or reprehensible as an oil refinery -- particularly because if fueled by renewables, they put less stress on PUBLIC infrastructure --- THEY WILL be more distributed and plentiful. Because having LOCALIZED hydrogen production is critical to avoiding large transportation and storage costs. My guess is that competition will be abundant and fierce..

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with you; slamming somebody you've never dealt with; because he reinforces somebody else's point about the POTUS becoming increasingly insulting?

I voted for Obama twice myself; not because I have any particular confidence in him, but because I saw him as the lesser of two evils, compared to either McSame or Mittens.

No... you're dealing with someone who is trying to cope with a bona fide case of Buyer's Remorse... I regret voting for him, but I felt that I really didn't have much practical choice in the matter, at the time.

Right wing mantra my ass... ditto for being a baby... next time - think - before opening up your pie-hole, eh?

I surmise Obama is sending a strong signal to the citizens who voted FOR the green energy agenda and policies candidate Obama articulated. Many of those supporters doubt his commitment to that green energy agenda and policies. I support him taking on these ignorant flat earthers who will NEVER, EVER support green energy or work with Obama even if he tried to pass laws they support. Obama needs to use the bully pulpit like strong liberal leaders like Give 'em hell Harry did. These flat earthers need to be called exactly what they are. These are the same House Republican leaders and Congressman who pushed through an astonishing 191 votes to weaken environmental protections.

If you talk to these retards for more than a few minutes, you will realize they not only deny climate changes, they don't even believe toxins, carcinogens and pollution causes harm to human, fish and foul.

You're a moron. There are no laws that skeptics support. Why should we pass laws to solve a non-problem? Your petulant whining doesn't impress anyone. You can't make your case, so you hurl insults. AGW cult members are all the same.

Guess I missed that mighty BFGrn statement about "supporting a Green Energy Agenda"..
There sure as hell is a Green Agenda.. Shame you folks actually don't have any "Green Energy" alternatives to sell tho.. The folks with brains and spines realize that 'bout now.

The United States controls the climate for the entire world. That's what the warmists actually think.

The United States controls the climate for the entire world. That's what the warmists actually think.

sure seems that way, and for them we should be the ones PUNISHED for other countries by slitting our throats with Obama doing the cutting...what a President you all elected

One of obama's tactics is that when he has no facts he becomes mocking. It's so well known he should just announce that he's full of shit and be done with it.

he's just a ugly hateful sob

How can one do other than mock people so out of touch with reality as people like you?

And the hate you spew on this board is evident for all, Staph.

I think you do a great job of spewing hate, don't sell yourself short.

he's just a ugly hateful sob

How can one do other than mock people so out of touch with reality as people like you?

And the hate you spew on this board is evident for all, Staph.

I think you do a great job of spewing hate, don't sell yourself short.

he and Obama are members in the religion of man made global warming... and anyone else who is skeptical they call names like flat earthers..

who is really the flat earthers ? where the religion of man made global warming pick some number of scientist who says it's real while there are many other scientist who are skeptics... and it's as if Scientists haven't been WRONG before...

Obama is a disgusting President he would go around calling the people in our country who have their own views on this names like flat earthers..but that's what THUGS do

Last edited:

Ironic, a reply from one of the VERY morons who doesn't even believe toxins, carcinogens and pollution causes harm to human, fish and foul.

I'm sure that after you've actually PONDERED all this for more than a couple seconds and realize that all your preconcieved notions about what should happen on energy policy in this country are pretty much irrevelent when the technology and the markets lead the way -- it'll make more sense to you...

Proceeding as if Wind and Solar and Conservation and plug-in EVs and Grid Scale Storage and BIGGER SMARTER grids and ..... as tho ALL of that together is somehow the answer to anything --- would be a MONUMENTAL economical and social disaster.

Your side REALLY needs to SHOUT less about what they want to tear down -- and listen to ideas about what SHOULD be built to take it's place.. Because -- y'all really got NOTHING right now that makes technical or economic sense..

What have I talked about tearing down? I am talking ALL about building. Making a national investment in infrastructure on the scale of Eisenhower's national highway system.

A grid is a delivery system. Right now it is a one way street; you can only buy, not sell. We sure as hell don't want any of that free market shit to disturb the utility monopolies now do we?

Virtually every farmer in the state of North Dakota wants to put wind turbines on their property, and there are big players like Siemens, Vestas, General Electric, Warren Buffet and T. Boone Pickens all wanting to go there. There's huge piles of cash surrounding the state of North Dakota, waiting to flow in and build turbines on every property. The problem is the North Dakota wind farmer cannot get his product to market -- the electrons to market because the electrons will diffuse in our current lines before they cross the North Dakota border.

For someone who claims to have a degree in electrical engineering, you sure are dumb. If you were advising Ike back in the '50's, I'm sure you would have said: "Well Mr. President, we don't need a national highway system, there are plenty of dirt roads"

What have I talked about tearing down? I am talking ALL about building. Making a national investment in infrastructure on the scale of Eisenhower's national highway system.

A grid is a delivery system. Right now it is a one way street; you can only buy, not sell. We sure as hell don't want any of that free market shit to disturb the utility monopolies now do we?

Virtually every farmer in the state of North Dakota wants to put wind turbines on their property, and there are big players like Siemens, Vestas, General Electric, Warren Buffet and T. Boone Pickens all wanting to go there. There's huge piles of cash surrounding the state of North Dakota, waiting to flow in and build turbines on every property. The problem is the North Dakota wind farmer cannot get his product to market -- the electrons to market because the electrons will diffuse in our current lines before they cross the North Dakota border.

For someone who claims to have a degree in electrical engineering, you sure are dumb. If you were advising Ike back in the '50's, I'm sure you would have said: "Well Mr. President, we don't need a national highway system, there are plenty of dirt roads"

I've heard you quite clearly call for ending fossil fuel electricity generation. Implying that there is no way to make it cleaner. And also insinuating that YOU have alternatives. Which you don't truely.. Also you endlessly hit up OIL and it's assoc. industries.. You and Obama want to tax and regulate these out of existence.

Problem is your "plan" is senseless and dangerous.. Too many political pundits GUESSING what energy generation is.. Or assuming that wind is EVEN marketable.

Grid operators NEED contracts that state WHEN AND HOW MUCH.. Wind farmers can't even guess what they will have 20 minutes from now -- nevermind next Tuesday.. It's you my partisian friend who doesn't have a clue what you're selling..

I've heard you quite clearly call for ending fossil fuel electricity generation. Implying that there is no way to make it cleaner. And also insinuating that YOU have alternatives. Which you don't truely.. Also you endlessly hit up OIL and it's assoc. industries.. You and Obama want to tax and regulate these out of existence.

Problem is your "plan" is senseless and dangerous.. Too many political pundits GUESSING what energy generation is.. Or assuming that wind is EVEN marketable.

Grid operators NEED contracts that state WHEN AND HOW MUCH.. Wind farmers can't even guess what they will have 20 minutes from now -- nevermind next Tuesday.. It's you my partisian friend who doesn't have a clue what you're selling..

You have your head so far up the ass of the incumbents -- coal, oil and nuke who have written the rules to reward the dirtiest, filthiest, most poisonous, most destructive, most addictive fuels from hell, you cannot see any sunlight.

If you have a smart grid that can buy and sell, you have an energy marketplace. You turn every American into an energy entrepreneur, every home into a power plant. It doesn't matter what wind farmers can predict. When the wind is calm they are buyers, when the wind is blowing they a sellers.

You are a dinosaur LOST on a one way dingy dirt road to extinction.

Last edited:

You have your head so far up the ass of the incumbents -- coal, oil and nuke who have written the rules to reward the dirtiest, filthiest, most poisonous, most destructive, most addictive fuels from hell, you cannot see any sunlight.

If you have a smart grid that can buy and sell, you have an energy marketplace. You turn every American into an energy entrepreneur, every home into a power plant. It doesn't matter what wind farmers can predict. When the wind is calm they are buyers, when the wind is blowing they a sellers.

You are a dinosaur LOST on a one way dingy dirt road to extinction.

And THERE it is... You answered your own question of what you are tearing down..

A mighty ad hominem puff of wind --- some misguided wisdom about wind farmers being both buyers and sellers -- and putting grandma in the energy biz instead of Big Fossil.

I missed a teachable moment a couple posts back when you juxtasuperimposed Eisenhower and the potential wind barrons of North Dakota. The issue of building them a trunk line for their junk is just economics and physics --- not really political.. You see, those expensive power hiways would be there to carry energy largely ONE WAY (buyers only at one end) and if the primary sourcing is wind -- engineering dictates that you have to SIZE that trunk line for MAX generation. With wind -- you get MAX generation perhaps 40 days a year. The rest of the time, that massive chunk of copper and sweat gets to carry about 35% of the wind fields ratings. Somedays --- it carries virtually nothing. Now MAYBE --- if you got those Dakota fracking fields involved, they could burn a large chunk of nat gas in Dakota generators to even out that load. 65% of the load most days.

(Not to mention that short of superconduction -- the "disassociation of electrons" (very Sic) would STILL be a problem on a high capacity, long haul grid thus lowering the average efficacy of wind field from 35% or so to more like 25% or so by the time it reached Chicago.)

That would like Eisenhower coming to a group of engineers and demanding that every mile of the InterStates be able to pass an ARMORED division 3 wide in both directions. And that capability would be used ??? Maybe NEVER???

You got nothing to PUT on an expanded grid that a civilized society can use to sustain itself and grow.. AFTER -- you tear everything down that you don't want to fix. That's the problem...

Your only hope is to stamp your feet, whine loudly, subvert the economic and engineering realities and MAKE IT a political problem.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back