Obama most polarizing president in modern history

Lincoln wasn't the "polarizing figure" who started the Civil War. Southern Democrats were. They practiced some of the most horrible abuse of human rights ever seen in this country, and kept it up for generations, long before Lincoln was elected, even as decent people (including Lincoln) tried to calm the waters.
They, the south,in case you need clarification, also stated what it would do if he(Lincoln) were elected, and they, the south, did just that....not all at once, but gradually, in case you needed clarification....
Thanks for pointing that out. The Southern Democrats were so dedicated to slavery and abusing their slaves' rights, and so hate-filled against anyone who tried to point out the truth about what they were doing, that they used Lincoln as an excuse and pretended he had done something to start their war.

Bet you never saw this one coming, right ?

Washington (CNN)President Barack Obama's approval rating may be on the upswing, but he remains one of the most polarizing presidents in modern history, according to a new Gallup analysis.

Gallup found that over Obama's sixth year in office, an average of 79% of Democrats and just 9% of Republicans approved of the job he was doing, in a report out Friday.

That 70% gap in approval from the parties ties for the fifth-most polarized year for a president in the past 60.

With the economy continuing to improve and the political battles of the midterms safely behind him, Obama has enjoyed slightly higher approval ratings in recent months.

RELATED: Obama heads into State of the Union on ratings uptick

But his tenure has been one of the most polarizing overall of any modern president. Each of his six years in office have ranked in the top 10 most polarized since 1953, with President George W. Bush taking the other four slots.

And as an election looms, the polarization escalates.

Obama's most polarized year was his fourth, when average Democratic approval was at 86%, while Republicans approved of him at an average of 10%. Bush's year heading into his reelection fight was also his most polarizing.

Obama most polarizing president in modern history - CNN.com

LOL, @ CNN's headline.............

Most polarizing ever I wouldn't go that far but he's right up there though.

Democrats who were willing to give Bush a chance,
Now that's hilarious.

Thanks for the humor break on a Monday morning.

Personally, I approved the job Bush was doing after he got elected. I didn't like all his policies but gave him the same benefit of the doubt all new Presidents deserve. After 9-11, I rallied around my President like all Americans

He didn't lose my support till he invaded Iraq

Obama was never given the same courtesy by Republicans
I couldn't.
Right out of the gate he was bent on pushing his agenda regardless of the costs. He and his D friends isolated themselves and pushed 'forward'.
How do you make yourself rally around that kind of narcissism?

And during the campaign we more and more saw what we were going to get, like for instance seeing what kind of people he hung out with, like Bill Ayers, and Jeremiah Wright.
And today, despite knowing what a divisive prick Al Sharpton is, Obama has him to the White House and routinely allows him to give input.

Democrats who were willing to give Bush a chance,
Now that's hilarious.

Thanks for the humor break on a Monday morning.

Personally, I approved the job Bush was doing after he got elected. I didn't like all his policies but gave him the same benefit of the doubt all new Presidents deserve. After 9-11, I rallied around my President like all Americans

He didn't lose my support till he invaded Iraq

Obama was never given the same courtesy by Republicans
I couldn't.
Right out of the gate he was bent on pushing his agenda regardless of the costs. He and his D friends isolated themselves and pushed 'forward'.
How do you make yourself rally around that kind of narcissism?

And during the campaign we more and more saw what we were going to get, like for instance seeing what kind of people he hung out with, like Bill Ayers, and Jeremiah Wright.
And today, despite knowing what a divisive prick Al Sharpton is, Obama has him to the White House and routinely allows him to give input.

McClellan Hagee Had Influence In Bush White House Could Quickly Get Someone On The Phone ThinkProgress

John Hagee - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I just don't think a president can be judged the most anything in history - or really judged at all, until he's out of office and the effects of his presidency given time to be seen.

Well I would expect it. Racists are still out in force to this day. Then can't stand a black man being the leader of the free world.

Washington (CNN)President Barack Obama's approval rating may be on the upswing, but he remains one of the most polarizing presidents in modern history, according to a new Gallup analysis.

Gallup found that over Obama's sixth year in office, an average of 79% of Democrats and just 9% of Republicans approved of the job he was doing, in a report out Friday.

That 70% gap in approval from the parties ties for the fifth-most polarized year for a president in the past 60.

With the economy continuing to improve and the political battles of the midterms safely behind him, Obama has enjoyed slightly higher approval ratings in recent months.

But his tenure has been one of the most polarizing overall of any modern president. Each of his six years in office have ranked in the top 10 most polarized since 1953, with President George W. Bush taking the other four slots.

Obama's most polarized year was his fourth, when average Democratic approval was at 86%, while Republicans approved of him at an average of 10%. Bush's year heading into his reelection fight was also his most polarizing.

And he blames....Rush Limbaugh and Fox News....
This guy is a 12 year old who absolutely refuses to accept any responsibility.

There is a lot of hate in the GOP right now. Slightly more than the Dems had 14-6 years ago.

Wrong! The far left hates anything that is not far left that is still happening today by example of your far left propaganda post..

Presidential Approval Ratings -- George W. Bush Gallup Historical Trends

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama Gallup Historical Data Trends

I still think the GOP hate Obama more than the DEMs hated Bush
Who cares what you think

There is a lot of hate in the GOP right now. Slightly more than the Dems had 14-6 years ago.

Wrong! The far left hates anything that is not far left that is still happening today by example of your far left propaganda post..

Still does not support your "hate" claims on the GOP side..

Just because the far left hates anything not far left does not mean anyone that disagrees with Obama "hates" him..

Thus once again you were caught pushing the far left propaganda..

No, I think hate is the right word. Not just the political hate that President Bush inspired, but a visceral hate that lingers from a bygone era in America. Especially in the South.
What a load of crap....

Well I would expect it. Racists are still out in force to this day. Then can't stand a black man being the leader of the free world.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute what the conservatives are saying about Obama and the Democrats, mostly because it's all true. So I'll back off, start my mindless "racism" chant, and hope somebody out there thinks the conservatives are being racist even though I can't cite any actual examples.

[

Lincoln wasn't the "polarizing figure" who started the Civil War. Southern Democrats were. They practiced some of the most horrible abuse of human rights ever seen in this country, and kept it up for generations, long before Lincoln was elected, even as decent people (including Lincoln) tried to calm the waters.

As always, the Democrats lie, spin, and rewrite history. Trying to pretend they weren't the problem then and aren't the problem now.

So Southern Democrats like Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee were no different than Democrats today?

lol

MorethingsfrommypicturedumpThethingisIm_3d469c_4754224.gif

I know of no other president that had the opposition party refuse to allow his government to function

That is polarizing

I know of no other president that had the opposition party refuse to allow his government to function

That is polarizing

Obama's agenda is anything but 'government'.. Its communism which must be stopped at all cost.

Obama rules instead of govern from the Imperial White House

-Geaux

It's all Fox News' fault.

If everybody would stop questioning him when he lies this wouldn't be happening.

Forum List

Back