🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama: “Muslim-Americans Are As Patriotic, And American As Any Other Members Of The American Family”

Where do you get that terrorist percentage from?

It's a quip.

One of the most disturbing trends is the number of second generation people who are "radicalized."

{
Authorities said Mateen had flirted with other terrorist groups but declared his allegiance to the Islamic State on Sunday morning as he began his horrific spree.

He follows in the footsteps of Syed Rizwan Farook, one of the San Bernardino, California, terrorists who was the son of Pakistanis; Nadir Soofi, one of two men who attacked a drawing competition in Garland, Texas, last year and whose father was from Pakistan; and then-Maj. Nidal Hassan, the child of Palestinian immigrants whose shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009 set off the modern round of deadly lone-wolf attacks.}

American-born children of immigrants proving fruitful recruiting ground for jihad in U.S.

How does this come about? Well , the truth that you of the left work so hard to distort, is these children were raised to do this. While the parents would never openly engage in terrorist acts, the children are raised in homes where terrorists are praised as martyrs and American society is portrayed as evil.

Most Muslims will not attack, but most Muslims will raise children to believe that America is the great Satan to be punished for allowing Jews to live in peace and not bowing to Allah. A small percentage of those children will act out on their beliefs, To import more people who are fundamentally opposed to the culture and values of the nation is suicidal and insane.

None of those are on the radio when I'm driving.

The convention had an angry negative undercurrent. Tell me - what positive message? What mandated gender equality laws? Have you looked at their Platform?

I believe you are angry and negative, but the convention had nothing of the sort.

{My opponent asks her supporters to recite a three-word loyalty pledge. It reads: “I’m With Her”. I choose to recite a different pledge. My pledge reads: “I’M WITH YOU – THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.” I am your voice. So to every parent who dreams for their child, and every child who dreams for their future, I say these words to you tonight: I’m With You, and I will fight for you, and I will win for you.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/13/second-generation-americans-proving-most-fruitful-/}

[
You and I know that it doesn't matter. Bush was right about RWrs when he said "Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions."

Bush was speaking of people in general, troll.

But lying is what you do, 100% of the time.

Well lets review what Bush said about Muslims

• "Islam is a vibrant faith. Millions of our fellow citizens are Muslim. We respect the faith. We honor its traditions. Our enemy does not. Our enemy doesn't follow the great traditions of Islam. They've hijacked a great religion."

Remarks by President George W. Bush on U.S. Humanitarian Aid to Afghanistan
    Presidential Hall, Dwight David Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C.
    October 11, 2002

• "Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."
    Presidential Hall, Dwight David Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C.
    October 11, 2002

• "All Americans must recognize that the face of terror is not the true faith -- face of Islam. Islam is a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. It's a faith that has made brothers and sisters of every race. It's a faith based upon love, not hate."
    President George W. Bush Holds Roundtable with Arab and Muslim-American Leaders
    Afghanistan Embassy, Washington, D.C.
    September 10, 2002

"We're taking action against evil people. Because this great nation of many religions understands, our war is not against Islam, or against faith practiced by the Muslim people. Our war is a war against evil. This is clearly a case of good versus evil, and make no mistake about it -- good will prevail."

Remarks by the President George W. Bush at a Town Hall Meeting with Citizens of Ontario
Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, California
January 5, 2002

[
Most Muslims will not attack, but most Muslims will raise children to believe that America is the great Satan to be punished for allowing Jews to live in peace and not bowing to Allah. .

I keep hearing religious bigots say that.

Because they find an example of it happening.

Most Muslim Americans love America- and Most second generation Muslim Americans are too busy enjoying football and basketball to listen to fairy tales told by Jihadists- and you.

[

95% of white Republicans will never go on a terrorist rampage.

Isn't that comforting? Let's bring it lots more, like Trump wants!

100% of white Republicans will never go on a terrorist rampage.

And white people are already here. All Trump will do is keep you democrats from marching white people off to death camps.

Where do you get that terrorist percentage from?

It's a quip.

One of the most disturbing trends is the number of second generation people who are "radicalized."

{
Authorities said Mateen had flirted with other terrorist groups but declared his allegiance to the Islamic State on Sunday morning as he began his horrific spree.

He follows in the footsteps of Syed Rizwan Farook, one of the San Bernardino, California, terrorists who was the son of Pakistanis; Nadir Soofi, one of two men who attacked a drawing competition in Garland, Texas, last year and whose father was from Pakistan; and then-Maj. Nidal Hassan, the child of Palestinian immigrants whose shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009 set off the modern round of deadly lone-wolf attacks.}

American-born children of immigrants proving fruitful recruiting ground for jihad in U.S.

How does this come about? Well , the truth that you of the left work so hard to distort, is these children were raised to do this. While the parents would never openly engage in terrorist acts, the children are raised in homes where terrorists are praised as martyrs and American society is portrayed as evil.

Most Muslims will not attack, but most Muslims will raise children to believe that America is the great Satan to be punished for allowing Jews to live in peace and not bowing to Allah. A small percentage of those children will act out on their beliefs, To import more people who are fundamentally opposed to the culture and values of the nation is suicidal and insane.

You are still talking about an infintestimal number of America's 3.3 million Muslim citizens.

Are you suggesting that most American Muslims raise children to believe that America is the great Satan?

[
I know Ivanka did...but there is nothing in the Platform supporting that which makes me skeptical.

What president in the last 100 years followed the platform?

Shit, Obama won't even follow the Constitution, much less the party platform.

To claim the GOP platform defines Trump is laughable at best, and shows you have no clue what is going on around you.

[

95% of white Republicans will never go on a terrorist rampage.

Isn't that comforting? Let's bring it lots more, like Trump wants!

100% of white Republicans will never go on a terrorist rampage.

And white people are already here. All Trump will do is keep you democrats from marching white people off to death camps.

Some did....

[

You are still talking about an infintestimal number of America's 3.3 million Muslim citizens.

Are you suggesting that most American Muslims raise children to believe that America is the great Satan?

Yes, within the confines of Islamic structure. Islam is not compatible with America. America is not compatible with Islam. A Muslim MUST be apostate to live in peace in America.

Do you cast your gaze at the ground when a man comes by? If not, how do you know the man is not a Muslim? For a woman to hold her head up in the presence of a Muslim man is an outrage. Do you cover your head, so as not to offend Islam? Our entire culture is an offense to Islam. Are the children of Muslim immigrants taught that American culture is vulgar, shameful, and sinful?

Yes, absolutely they are.

Some did....

Bullshit. No one has ever waged a terrorist attack in the name of the GOP - and no one ever will.

If Hillary wins and we have a civil war, it will be in the name of the American Constitution that we fight against you, not in the name of the GOP. It will be to restore government by the people, for the people, with the civil rights of the Bill of Rights and justice for all people, even those like Hillary.

None of those are on the radio when I'm driving.

The convention had an angry negative undercurrent. Tell me - what positive message? What mandated gender equality laws? Have you looked at their Platform?

I believe you are angry and negative, but the convention had nothing of the sort.

{My opponent asks her supporters to recite a three-word loyalty pledge. It reads: “I’m With Her”. I choose to recite a different pledge. My pledge reads: “I’M WITH YOU – THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.” I am your voice. So to every parent who dreams for their child, and every child who dreams for their future, I say these words to you tonight: I’m With You, and I will fight for you, and I will win for you.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/13/second-generation-americans-proving-most-fruitful-/}

Anger.

Repeated chants from an inflamed audience to put Hillary in jail (we're suppose to be a nation of laws not mobs...); inflammatory rhetoric against latinos and immigrants (associating them with terrorism, crime and violence and with "making America safe"), that's not positive message at all.

It's building anger, creating scapegoats - what unifying message of hope for America is in this?

[
You and I know that it doesn't matter. Bush was right about RWrs when he said "Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions."

Bush was speaking of people in general, troll.

But lying is what you do, 100% of the time.

Well lets review what Bush said about Muslims

• "Islam is a vibrant faith. Millions of our fellow citizens are Muslim. We respect the faith. We honor its traditions. Our enemy does not. Our enemy doesn't follow the great traditions of Islam. They've hijacked a great religion."

October 11, 2002

• "Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."
    October 11, 2002

• "All Americans must recognize that the face of terror is not the true faith -- face of Islam. Islam is a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. It's a faith that has made brothers and sisters of every race. It's a faith based upon love, not hate."
    President George W. Bush Holds Roundtable with Arab and Muslim-American Leaders
    Afghanistan Embassy, Washington, D.C.
    September 10, 2002
"We're taking action against evil people. Because this great nation of many religions understands, our war is not against Islam, or against faith practiced by the Muslim people. Our war is a war against evil. This is clearly a case of good versus evil, and make no mistake about it -- good will prevail."

Remarks by the President George W. Bush at a Town Hall Meeting with Citizens of Ontario
Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, California
January 5, 2002

Bush is a fucking moron.

[

Yes, within the confines of Islamic structure. Islam is not compatible with America. America is not compatible with Islam. A Muslim MUST be apostate to live in peace in America.

Do you cast your gaze at the ground when a man comes by? If not, how do you know the man is not a Muslim? For a woman to hold her head up in the presence of a Muslim man is an outrage. Do you cover your head, so as not to offend Islam? Our entire culture is an offense to Islam. Are the children of Muslim immigrants taught that American culture is vulgar, shameful, and sinful?

Yes, absolutely they are.

What actual evidence do you have to support your claim that American Muslims teach their children that America is the great Satan? Seriously, this is whacked.

Some did....

Bullshit. No one has ever waged a terrorist attack in the name of the GOP - and no one ever will.

If Hillary wins and we have a civil war, it will be in the name of the American Constitution that we fight against you, not in the name of the GOP. It will be to restore government by the people, for the people, with the civil rights of the Bill of Rights and justice for all people, even those like Hillary.

Sorry to disappoint you but we have had rightwing republican-registered terrorists. The very fact that you threaten civil war if Hillary wins is proof enough.

Anger.

Repeated chants from an inflamed audience to put Hillary in jail (we're suppose to be a nation of laws not mobs...);

We are a nation where the FBI certifies that Hillary is above the law.

We are a nation where the law is a farce, a club to beat the little people into submission while our rulers openly subvert it.

Hillary belongs in prison. ANY common person would be in prison for lying to the FBI, but Hillary is "too big to prosecute."

inflammatory rhetoric against latinos and immigrants (associating them with terrorism, crime and violence and with "making America safe"), that's not positive message at all.

It's building anger, creating scapegoats - what unifying message of hope for America is in this?

I hear your hate, but I heard nothing inflammatory against Latinos from the Trump side, quite the opposite. The nation is already angry, Trump is the manifestation of that, as was Bernie, yet the convention was mostly about moving forward and returning America to the people, wresting it from the plutocrats like Hillary.

What actual evidence do you have to support your claim that American Muslims teach their children that America is the great Satan? Seriously, this is whacked.

A huge amount, and well beyond the scope of this message board.

Yom | The United States and Islam: Fundamentalism and the Future
Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world
http://web.stanford.edu/class/e297a/Islaamic Fundamentalism and the United States Reaction.doc

Further, you don't doubt what I say, you know it to be true, but are simply engaging in a typical debate tactic.

Queue BUT CHRISTIANS in

[

Sorry to disappoint you but we have had rightwing republican-registered terrorists. The very fact that you threaten civil war if Hillary wins is proof enough.

We threaten nothing. If Hillary ends the Constitution through the appointment of STOTUS justices like Kagan who have contempt for American jurisprudence and Constitutional governance, then it is she and you who are waging a civil war.

Again, you lie to cover for your Islamic terrorist allies. McVeigh may have once registered Republican, but his terrorist attack had nothing to do with Republicanism or party goals,

[

We threaten nothing. If Hillary ends the Constitution through the appointment of STOTUS justices like Kagan who have contempt for American jurisprudence and Constitutional governance, then it is she and you who are waging a civil war.

Again, you lie to cover for your Islamic terrorist allies. McVeigh may have once registered Republican, but his terrorist attack had nothing to do with Republicanism or party goals,

:lmao:

I wasn't even thinking of McVeigh, but ya, he's another one.

[

That's just crazy talk. Threatening violence if a candidate wins a legitimate election and gets to fill a SCOTUS vacancy. :cuckoo:

A huge amount, and well beyond the scope of this message board.

Yom | The United States and Islam: Fundamentalism and the Future
Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world
http://web.stanford.edu/class/e297a/Islaamic Fundamentalism and the United States Reaction.doc

Further, you don't doubt what I say, you know it to be true, but are simply engaging in a typical debate tactic.

Queue BUT CHRISTIANS in

3. Your first link says nothing about Muslim Americans.
2. Your second link talks about Muslims in America but says absolutely nothing about them teaching their children that America is the "Great Satan" or for that matter any anti-American stuff.

In fact, it says this:
What do American Muslims believe?

Our 2011 survey of Muslim Americans found that roughly half of U.S. Muslims (48%) say their own religious leaders have not done enough to speak out against Islamic extremists.

Living in a religiously pluralistic society, Muslim Americans are more likely than Muslims in many other nations to have many non-Muslim friends. Only about half (48%) of U.S. Muslims say all or most of their close friends are also Muslims, compared with a global median of 95% in the 39 countries we surveyed.

Roughly seven-in-ten U.S. Muslims (69%) say religion is very important in their lives. Virtually all (96%) say they believe in God, nearly two-thirds (65%) report praying at least daily and nearly half (47%) say they attend religious services at least weekly. By all of these traditional measures, Muslims in the U.S. are roughly as religious as U.S. Christians, although they are less religious than Muslims in many other nations.

When it comes to political and social views, Muslims are far more likely to identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party (70%) than the Republican Party (11%) and to say they prefer a bigger government providing more services (68%) over a smaller government providing fewer services (21%). As of 2011, U.S. Muslims were somewhat split between those who said homosexuality should be accepted by society (39%) and those who said it should be discouraged (45%), although the group had grown considerably more accepting of homosexuality since a similar survey was conducted in 2007.

1. Your last link...it's an interesting paper, but I have to ask - DID YOU READ IT? I scanned it, and it says, again, nothing about attitudes among American Muslims, specifically hating America. It compares and contrasts Christian and Islamic "fundamentalism" and takes issue with the term "political Islam". It's concluding paragraph:

As American relationships with Muslim nations become increasingly vital, the U.S. must realize that vague generalizations and careless characterizations, promoted by the use of misleading terms such as “fundamentalism,” can no longer be tolerated. While U.S. policy has for the most part been responsible and sensible, its articulations and rhetorical stances have not. The time has come for the U.S. to openly express what it has recognized and acted upon for the past two decades: that the true identity of political Islam is uncertain and undefined, varying across the different regions of the Muslim world due to distinct political and social factors. This would allow the American public to realize that Islamic fundamentalism is merely a meaningless guise concealing the reality of disparate Muslim regimes that must be assessed and dealt with according to their specific political circumstances.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

Cue Christians? Who needs Christians when your argument falls flat on it's face from it's first step :lol:

Forum List

Back