Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Nation'

In the 2000 Presidential election, nearly 80 percent of Muslim Americans supported Republican candidate George W. Bush over Democratic candidate Al Gore. However, due to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq which took place under the Bush Administration, as well as increased anti-Muslim rhetoric from the Republican Party after the September 11 attacks, support for the Republican Party among American Muslims has declined sharply. By 2004, Bush's Muslim support had been reduced by at least half, who would vote for Democratic candidate John Kerry or a third party candidate.[112] By 2008, Democratic candidate Barack Obama got 67% to 90% of the Muslim vote depending by region

Republicans once again chasing away minorities

Imagine that Bush got 80% of the Muslim vote
By 2012, Republicans got less than 15%

The impact of Conservative hatred

http://www.jpost.com/The-US-Presidential-race/Poll-Over-85-percent-of-US-Muslim-voters-picked-Obama#!

Last edited:

On Sunday, President Obama and First Lady Michelle released a statement thanking Muslim Americans for their many “achievements and contributions… to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy.”

The comments were made to mark the celebration of Eid-al-Fitr, a time of spiritual renewal for Muslims which comes at the end of the month-long fast of Ramadan. The Obamas said in their statement that Eid “celebrates the common values that unite us in our humanity” and “welcomed their commitment to giving back to their communities.” The International Business Times reports that during Eid, Muslims join in Islamic prayer, while saying "Allahu Akbar," or "God is Great," and feasting.

The statement further reads that the administration “wishes Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration.” The letter ended with salutation of “Eid Mubarak,” which roughly means “blessed celebration.”

Althugh the article is correct, the picture that is shown next to the article makes the reader assume ( if they did not read carefully) that the president attended the celebration dinner. He did not.

This president makes me very nervous.

About 20% of African slaves were Muslims.

So, 20% of slaves contributed to the fabric of America? You're in favor of slavery now? It helped make America what it is today? The very fabric of our existence?

Interesting viewpoint, from an idiot.

Most of the slaves that were sold to slave-traders by their own tribal leaders were apostates or refused to convert to Islam.

As to Muslims that fought in the UU war for Independance:

On June 17, 1775, Peter Salem (Saleem) born (1750?-1816) a former slave who fought in the Battle of Bunker Hill. The battle was fought at Breed’s Hill according to one story, the colonial troops were near defeat, and British Major John Pitcairn ordered them to surrender. Salem then stepped forward and shot Pitcairn. Pitcairn later died of the wound. Peter Salem got awarded for fighting in the Revolutionary War, and he also fought at Lexington. Peter Salem and Salem (Saleem) Poor were honored for their bravery.

From 1774–1783 there were at least six people with Islamic names who fought in the Revolutionary War as colonial soldiers. One of them was Yusuf Ben Ali, also known as Joseph (Benenhali) Benhaley, who fought with General Sumter in South Carolina. After the war, General Sumter took Joseph Benhaley with him inland to Stateburg where they settled down. Joseph Benhaley’s name appeared in the 1790 census of Sumter County. Revolutionary records also show that there was a Bampett Muhamed who was a Corporal in the Revolutionary Army, from 1775-1783 in Virginia. Francis Saba was listed as a sergeant with the Continental Troops in roll 132, 1775-1783, and Joseph Saba was listed as a Fifer in the Continental Troops roll 132, 1775-1783.

In 1777 Morocco becomes the first country to acknowledge America’s independence as a new country.

To your credit you at least are making an attempt to defend Obama's comments.

What you sited are minor contributions, and don't exactly prove that Muslims are much of an influence in the fabric of this nation. However your input is appreciated as always.

What role did slaves have in building this country?
Picking cotton?
Do share...
Interesting to see a positive spin on slavery for once.

Go ahead, pull it out of your dumb ass.

Do you know how much wealth was created by cotton?

All on the backs of those slaves

Interesting Obama should choose to thank them for that.

So out of every "fabric" that helped build America, Obama picks cotton, mined by black Muslims.

How adorable.

He makes me as nervous as a hot pocket sportin' fishnets in church, too; has since February 2009, truth be told, homeslice.

I have never trusted him with regard to his beliefs about Israel, primarily because of "the Rev." Jeremiah Wright's influence on his belief structure.

Anyhoo, there's a near 100-post thread about this exact subject just a rock's skim away from us in the current events pond over yunder.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...lims-built-the-very-fabric-of-our-nation.html

Just throwin' that out there.

I'm surprised Obama didn't acknowledge the Japs for bombing Pearl Harbor. Do any of you have any idea how many jobs WW2 produced?

Muslims were once solid Republican voters. Bush got 80% of the Muslim vote. In the last election, Republicans got 15% of the Muslim vote

Can you imagine the impact that rightwing hatred has had in swinging a solid Republican voting block to the other side?

This thread is a good example of why

Why would Republicans actually be outraged at the idea that anyone but white Christians made any contribution to this country?
The posts by conservatives on this board are embarassing

Doesn't every soldier contribute to the fabric of America? (Excluding you of course)

No stupid, every soldier does not. The services are full of shitbirds, thieves, rapists, con artists and inmates at stockades and brigs all over the country/world. These scumbags are on-par with shitstains like yourself in the civilian world.

The presidents statement further reads that the administration “wishes Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration.”

The Bastard! Who does he think he is?

Doesn't every soldier contribute to the fabric of America? (Excluding you of course)

No stupid, every soldier does not. The services are full of shitbirds, thieves, rapists, con artists and inmates at stockades and brigs all over the country/world. These scumbags are on-par with shitstains like yourself in the civilian world.

Thanks

I guess that explains your postings on this board

Only ignorant person doesn't know about close connections between Obama and Muslims.
And now when he faces with threat to be overthrown and lose his office , it's good time for him to gain his credit back among Muslim Brotherhood, which is the one to give him shelter in case of emergency.

images

Remember President Obama's 2009 Cairo speech?

I have come here to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world; one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect; and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive, and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles – principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.

The presidents statement further reads that the administration “wishes Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration.”

The Bastard! Who does he think he is?

You consider car bombs, killing Americans, abusing women and decapitations "blessed and joyous?"

Why don't you move your Muslim-loving Commie ass to Tehran, if you aren't already there.

He makes me as nervous as a hot pocket sportin' fishnets in church, too; has since February 2009, truth be told, homeslice.

I have never trusted him with regard to his beliefs about Israel, primarily because of "the Rev." Jeremiah Wright's influence on his belief structure.

Anyhoo, there's a near 100-post thread about this exact subject just a rock's skim away from us in the current events pond over yunder.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...lims-built-the-very-fabric-of-our-nation.html

I know. Found it after I submitted this one. I have notified a mod. Thank you.

I know. Found it after I submitted this one. I have notified a mod. Thank you.

Dunno if I'd have gone that far, myself, but nonetheless: :udaman:

Forum List

Back