Obama never stops stumping and pandering

Facts actually spoon. Easily obtainable facts.Oh and I live in a red state so I would know.I can see it all around me as well. I wonder out loud why is that corporation getting their taxes cut but the damn library system is being put on furlough days? Well that's because our republican governor gave his cronies a tax break and stole it from the education and library system!
Oh please. How many jobs would be lost to another city or state if those tax breaks were not offered?
Perhaps the library was overstaffed?
How many people are necessary to operate a library?
My home town in NJ closed their library. Some people protested. It just was not self sustaining.
Some residents got together and developed an idea. Combine libraries with neighboring towns and pool the expenses. So that's what they are doing. Fewer people are needed. Instead of paying for utilities in three buildings, there is just one. The towns in my home county in NJ are tiny. Mine is exactly one square mile. At 25 mph it takes two minutes to drive across the entire town. The library is now no more than 3/4's of a mile from anywhere in the two towns. Where's the problem?
I think this red state vs blue state thing your side keeps harping on is all in your minds.
I've seen the stuff written on huffpo and salon. I have to chuckle.

he has to try and fire up their base of leeches

it's all he has had and EVER HAD

ELECTIONS coming up soon

Many of his base aren't leeches. They aren't welfare cases.

Some of them have legitimate grievances.

Unfortunately, they also have a ton of grievances supplied to them on a regular basis by the White House media team. (NBC, MSNBC, CBS, CNN, ABC, The Daily Show, Hollywood, Daily Kos, Media Matters, Center For American Progress, ThinkProgress, Mother Jones, etc)

Many of them have, with the help of Obama and his ever present campaign, discovered new grievances.

They will never move on and learn to live with the rest of America as long as Obama keeps providing them this massive chip to wear on their collective shoulders 24/7/365.

This terrible, horrendous, destructive, baby eating Tea Party is the target of their scorn (They have replaced Bush). It's like the way Palestinians used Israel as a boogeyman for decades to blame all of their problems on. It gave the poor and the downtrodden a strawman to focus their anger on. This is what Obama has been doing to us. Giving his base reasons to hate other Americans.

These folks actually believe that the Tea Party is more evil than Iran or Russia. How can one reason with that kind of mindset?
This is right out of the lib playbook.
Hell there was a period where the libs were claiming Gorbachev was more popular than Reagan. And that is in THIS country.

Facts actually spoon. Easily obtainable facts.Oh and I live in a red state so I would know.I can see it all around me as well. I wonder out loud why is that corporation getting their taxes cut but the damn library system is being put on furlough days? Well that's because our republican governor gave his cronies a tax break and stole it from the education and library system!
Oh please. How many jobs would be lost to another city or state if those tax breaks were not offered?
Perhaps the library was overstaffed?
How many people are necessary to operate a library?
My home town in NJ closed their library. Some people protested. It just was not self sustaining.
Some residents got together and developed an idea. Combine libraries with neighboring towns and pool the expenses. So that's what they are doing. Fewer people are needed. Instead of paying for utilities in three buildings, there is just one. The towns in my home county in NJ are tiny. Mine is exactly one square mile. At 25 mph it takes two minutes to drive across the entire town. The library is now no more than 3/4's of a mile from anywhere in the two towns. Where's the problem?
I think this red state vs blue state thing your side keeps harping on is all in your minds.
I've seen the stuff written on huffpo and salon. I have to chuckle.

Uh none! Because they ere hiring and doing just fine BEFORE the tax breaks were given to them! Hell in NC Duke Energy's pal the governor a tea party moron,gave them tax breaks and deregulated them and then Duke proceeded to dump coal ash everywhere! Well our local library is a good 10-12 miles from the nearest one in Gainesville its self. Hell the Gainesville library is in desperate need of a upgrade the parking is horrible and is NEVER enough...its just all too small but no money for it since republican governor slashed budget for education and library services. At our local library there are 2 full time and 1 part time librarians...they stay extremely busy.

Busy filing their folios and fiddling with their files?

You know, I know you think that because you're a lib you have a right to your heart's desire, but when you operate on a tight budget some things have to wait. Libraries are usually considered a luxury when you have the internet at your fingertips. We didn't have one here till Montgomery Ward went out of business, and they put one in the building.

Last edited:
Name one president that always pandered and never did anything else?

The last successful act of presidunce obama was being elected. He can successfully campaign so that's what he prefers to do.

In his weekly radio address Obama talked about his "Family Summit".
In a perfect world, these ideas have merit.
What's he gonna do , enact mandates via executive fiat? And who pays?
What Obama forgets to mention is that in countries where government has mandated for example, 6 weeks vacation, paid family leave 35 hour work weeks, etc government subsidizes businesses at taxpayer expense.
In this country, there are no such subsidies and now should there be. I certainly do not want to pay for them. And if this ever came to fruition, we taxpayers would be forced to fund this. No thanks.
One thing leaves me laughing. Obama stated all through his first campaign that he believed the economy should develop from the "bottom up"....
Now he says the economy develops from "the middle out".
Here is the text of his speech....Now I fully realize that the liberal USMB members will read this and rise up to give Obama a standing ovation....More free stuff via government. Only it is NOT free. Everything has a cost. And those costs invariably come out of the same pockets Obama claims he is trying to fill.
"Hi, everybody. As President, my top priority is rebuilding an economy where everybody who works hard has the chance to get ahead.

That’s what I’ll spend some time talking about on Monday, at the White House Summit on Working Families. We’re bringing together business leaders and workers to talk about the challenges that working parents face every day, and how we can address them together.

Take paid family leave. Many jobs don’t offer adequate leave to care for a new baby or an ailing parent, so workers can’t afford to be there when their family needs them the most. That’s wrong. And it puts us way behind the times. Only three countries in the world report that they don’t offer paid maternity leave. Three. And the United States is one of them. It’s time to change that. A few states have acted on their own to give workers paid family leave, but this should be available to everyone, because all Americans should be able to afford to care for a family member in need.

Childcare is another challenge. Most working families I know can’t afford thousands a year for childcare, but often that’s what it costs. That leaves parents scrambling just to make sure their kids are safe while they’re at work – forget about giving them the high-quality early childhood education that helps kids succeed in life.

Then there’s the issue of flexibility – the ability to take a few hours off for a parent-teacher conference or to work from home when your kid is sick. Most workers want it, but not enough of them have it. What’s more, it not only makes workers happier – studies show that flexibility can make workers more productive and reduce worker turnover and absenteeism. That’s good for business.

At a time when women make up about half of America’s workforce, outdated workplace policies that make it harder for mothers to work hold our entire economy back. But these aren’t just problems for women. Men also care about who’s watching their kids. They’re rearranging their schedules to make it to soccer games and school plays. Lots of sons help care for aging parents. And plenty of fathers would love to be home for their new baby’s first weeks in the world.

In fact, in a new study, nearly half of all parents – women and men – report that they’ve said no to a job, not because they didn’t want it, but because it would be too hard on their families. When that many talented, hard-working people are forced to choose between work and family, something’s wrong. Other countries are making it easier for people to have both. We should too, if we want American businesses to compete and win in the global economy.

Family leave. Childcare. Flexibility. These aren’t frills – they’re basic needs. They shouldn’t be bonuses – they should be the bottom line.

The good news is, some businesses are embracing family-friendly policies, because they know it’s key to attracting and retaining talented employees. And I’m going to keep highlighting the businesses that do. Because I take this personally. I take it personally as the son and grandson of some strong women who worked hard to support my sister and me. As the husband of a brilliant woman who struggled to balance work and raising our young ladies when my job often kept me away. And as the father of two beautiful girls, whom I want to be there for as much as I possibly can – and whom I hope will be able to have families and careers of their own one day.

We know from our history that our economy grows best from the middle-out; that our country does better when everybody participates; when everyone’s talents are put to use; when we all have a fair shot. That’s the America I believe in. That’s the America I’ll keep fighting for every day. "

BTW, Obama has used the phrase "top priority" in so many ways, it has lost any meaning.

You should learn to use the quote feature. For a fleeting moment I thought you were speaking coherently.

Don't forget about military burials for Gay couples.

He floated that one yesterday.

Pandering.....pandering....pandering.

Jon_Stewart_Shows_That_Pandering-6b962fbe5b130e0b3ab9851312a6e60a.cf.png

WTF?

Why not?

Uh none! Because they ere hiring and doing just fine BEFORE the tax breaks were given to them! Hell in NC Duke Energy's pal the governor a tea party moron,gave them tax breaks and deregulated them and then Duke proceeded to dump coal ash everywhere! Well our local library is a good 10-12 miles from the nearest one in Gainesville its self. Hell the Gainesville library is in desperate need of a upgrade the parking is horrible and is NEVER enough...its just all too small but no money for it since republican governor slashed budget for education and library services. At our local library there are 2 full time and 1 part time librarians...they stay extremely busy.

You know, I know you think that because you're a lib you have a right to your heart's desire, but when you operate on a tight budget some things have to wait. Libraries are usually considered a luxury when you have the internet at your fingertips. We didn't have one here till Montgomery Ward went out of business, and they put one I'm the building.
I know where priorities lie and that sure in the hell ain't in giving corporations and the rich tax breaks and then stealing that money from education and library services and help for the poor.

Ever know a poor person that created jobs while collecting food stamps?

There's a reason government isn't supposed to discourage companies from operating in the country with massive tax increases Because it helps create jobs. More jobs means less poor people. It also means more taxes are collected from workers. You can't simply pay the poor and at the same time destroy their chances of getting out if poverty. Guess what happens when the government collects more revenue?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me of a modern president that never pandered?

Yeah like that's an excuse.

Obama can do anything. Commit any crime, create one crisis after another, obstruct justice, spy on Americans, sell guns to drug-cartels, lie "if you like you're doctor", just because someone may or may not have done it before.

Last edited:

You know, I know you think that because you're a lib you have a right to your heart's desire, but when you operate on a tight budget some things have to wait. Libraries are usually considered a luxury when you have the internet at your fingertips. We didn't have one here till Montgomery Ward went out of business, and they put one I'm the building.
I know where priorities lie and that sure in the hell ain't in giving corporations and the rich tax breaks and then stealing that money from education and library services and help for the poor.

Ever know a poor person that created jobs while collecting food stamps?

There's a reason government isn't supposed to discourage companies from operating in the country with massive tax increases Because it helps create jobs. More jobs means less poor people. It also means more taxes are collected from workers. You can't simply pay the poor and at the same time destroy their chances of getting out if poverty. Guess what happens when the government collects more revenue?

Theres a reason why Republicans discourage job growth. Fewer jobs mean a desperate workforce. A desperate workforce will work for lower pay and give up hard earned benefits.

Republicans need a steady supply of low cost labor

I hope he does something about what he talked about. It is idiotic to be 1 of 3 nations that doesn't offer PAID maternity leave,and that childcare is extremely expensive etc. Do something Mr President! Please do.

As far as the OP we already knew republicans hate working families...no need to make it more obvious.

"Do something Mr President! Please do." ..., THAT is the problem asshole, you libertards can not wean yourselves from the Gvmt. tit, learn to stand on your own two feet (?) or are you a four footed jackass ? :up: .... :lmao:

republicans hate working families i would love to see you try to prove that, for over 50 years your demoRAT party owns the constantly poor by feeding them bullshit and false promises. :up:

obama is so predictable. His foreign policy credentials have been demolished so he has to scurry back to class warfare just to have something to say.

Forum List

Back