Obama: NRA rejects compromise on new gun laws

....After the votes, Obama angrily criticized the NRA and senators who voted against the expanded background checks for rejecting a compromise he said was supported by a strong majority of Americans.
"Instead of supporting this compromise, the gun lobby and its allies willfully lied about the bill," Obama told White House reporters.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/politi...ate-guns-vote/

Can anyone tell us - specifically - what expansion of gun rights the Obama and/or the supporters of this new law offered gun owners in exchange for a new AW ban and/or universal background checks? That is - what compromise did The Obama offer?

No compromise, or even consideration of a compromise until the Feds do what they have to do to force places like NYC to stop infringing on firearm rights. I shouldn't have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 for a freaking home use permit for a revolver.

I don't live in NYC, they can handle this.

So if you don't live in Alabama you wouldn't have an issue with them outlawing abortion or gay marriage?

Nope, as a conservative I believe the control should be local. You and your partner may need to move.

Fuck that.

No, I would be more open to discussing it.
The NYC permit is a local, not federal issue; the Obama, et al, cannot affect a change in NYC laws.
Thus, any such promise is hollow at best,

If a locality is breaching the constitution, why can't the federal government step in to assure my rights and privileges as a US citizen?

Why is it some gun nuts are so irrational?

Are you going to actually add anything to the topic, or are you just some mouth breathing twat-waddle?

I haven't seen anything here yet other than mouth breathing twat-waddle. Do you anticipate something serious soon?

Fuck off, troll.

....After the votes, Obama angrily criticized the NRA and senators who voted against the expanded background checks for rejecting a compromise he said was supported by a strong majority of Americans.
"Instead of supporting this compromise, the gun lobby and its allies willfully lied about the bill," Obama told White House reporters.

Can anyone tell us - specifically - what expansion of gun rights the Obama and/or the supporters of this new law offered gun owners in exchange for a new AW ban and/or universal background checks? That is - what compromise did The Obama offer?

No compromise, or even consideration of a compromise until the Feds do what they have to do to force places like NYC to stop infringing on firearm rights. I shouldn't have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 for a freaking home use permit for a revolver.

Our right to bear arms was given to us in the 1700's. No permits or background checks apply. It is a right that is being whittled away by liberals, and it needs to stop before the compromises end up removing our right altogether.

In regards to background checks and I'm guessing the following would be the things you would look for in their background if a person has a criminal record or has any outstanding warrants out on them do they have a history of violence have they ever been committed to a mental institution or have history of mental illness do they have any connection to known terrorist groups. Now assuming all this covered under current background checks what would expanded background checks do that the existing ones don't?

Our right to bear arms was given to us in the 1700's. No permits or background checks apply. It is a right that is being whittled away by liberals, and it needs to stop before the compromises end up removing our right altogether.

Yes of course then "liberals" are coming for your guns. Jesus.

The NYC permit is a local, not federal issue; the Obama, et al, cannot affect a change in NYC laws.

If a locality is breaching the constitution, why can't the federal government step in to assure my rights and privileges as a US citizen?

Why is it some gun nuts are so irrational?

Are you going to actually add anything to the topic, or are you just some mouth breathing twat-waddle?

I haven't seen anything here yet other than mouth breathing twat-waddle. Do you anticipate something serious soon?

Fuck off, troll.

I didn't think so.

So if you don't live in Alabama you wouldn't have an issue with them outlawing abortion or gay marriage?

Nope, as a conservative I believe the control should be local. You and your partner may need to move.

Fuck that.

Your choice.

Well, we all know that Obama's definition of compromise is giving him whatever he wants and if he doesn't get it he makes snarky comments to the press about obstructionists

Fuck that.

Your choice.

moron.

So if NYC pulls back it's law you'd be ok with this fed bill?
First, it needs someone in NYC to bring the case to court.

Fuck that.

Your choice.

moron.

Poor thing, someone's gonna get his gun.

Yep. Obama, then Hitlery. In fact it is a campaign issue. Now guess which one of the two candidates wants more restrictions, and which wants less, to prove my point..........

Yep. Obama, then Hitlery. In fact it is a campaign issue. Now guess which one of the two candidates wants more restrictions, and which wants less, to prove my point..........

Not shatting myself like you. Got guns, permitted to carry, not part of your conspiracy theorist circle.

So if NYC pulls back it's law you'd be ok with this fed bill?

I realize that . The fact it was brought up was just a deflection anyway . As poster still wouldn't change their mind .

"Obama: NRA rejects compromise on new gun laws"

The guy who armed Mexican Drug Cartels, The Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeida, and ISIS and who can't stop Chicago from being 50% ahead of last year's record-setting gun violence rate for this time next year can't (and/or won't) even enforce the laws he has now...

Instead of focusing on imposing more restrictive laws / measures, he should focus on enforcing the laws currently on the books...and STOP arming drug cartels and terrorists!

-----------------------------------

Despite the Constitution specifically stating Americans' 2nd Amendment Rights will NOT be infringed on in any way (meaning 'restrictions'), the NRA is stubbornly opposed to compromise, in part, for the exact same reason pro-abortion activists are opposed to compromising with pro-life groups:

Many in the NRA believe if they give up the right to own certain types of ammunition that will be the 'inch given' that leads to Liberals then wanting the proverbial 'mile'.

In the same way, liberal pro-abortionists do not want to surrender the right to perform an abortion at ANY stage of an abortion for fear that will lead to demands to more strict demands.

Liberals, in this way, have no more 'compromise' in them than Conservatives do.

How do you feel about state issued voter ID laws?

Fuck that.

Your choice.

moron.

Poor thing, someone's gonna get his gun.

I actually don't own one. What I refuse to do is let some government twat decide If I am worthy of one or not. I havent used my 4th amendment rights, nor my right to trial by jury, but I won't be giving those up either.

Forum List

Back