Obama open to name change for Washington Redskins

Obama, in an interview with The Associated Press, said team names such as the Redskins offend "a sizable group of people." He said that while fans get attached to the names, nostalgia may not be a good enough reason to keep them in place.

News from The Associated Press

Uh....hey Cracka Ass.....mind yo own bidness.
More proof that wingnuts HATE freedom of speech.

Yo, faggot...you freaked when the CEO of Chic-Fil-A did the same thing.

He was asked a question, he answered it. He gave the most non-committal, safe answer he possibly could have given.

What exactly are you guys "outraged" about?

The Chic-Fil-A CEO did the same thing and you assbites freaked out, deal with it.

Please, feel free to point out an example of me "freaking out" about Chik-fil-a.

Two legitimate solutions to this mess:

1) Buy the team and rename it
2) Shut the fuck up about it

There is no right to not be offended.

The last time I looked president Hussein didn't have the power to change the name of a Football Team. The issue isn't about the administration. It's about the power of the media convince low information lefties to play the race card.

Last edited:
Two legitimate solutions to this mess:

1) Buy the team and rename it
2) Shut the fuck up about it

There is no right to not be offended.

Sign an executive order changing the name.

He's King, he can do whatever he wants.

The Washington Redskins had their attorney respond to President Obama's suggestion that the football team change its name.

"We at the Redskins respect everyone," said a statement from attorney Lanny J. Davis. "But like devoted fans of the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Blackhawks (from President Obama's hometown ), we love our team and its name and, like those fans, we do not intend to disparage or disrespect a racial or ethnic group."

"As a supporter of President Obama, I am sure the president is not aware that in the highly respected Annenberg Institute poll (taken 2004) with a national sample of Native Americans, 9 out of 10 Native Americans said they were not bothered by the name the 'Washington Redskins.'

"The president made these comments to the Associated Press, but he was apparently unaware that an April 2013 AP poll showed that eight out of ten of all Americans in a national sample don't think the Washington Redskins name should be changed.

Redskins attorney responds to Obama

This whole thing was bullshit to begin with. Someone tried to say that "red skins" meant "scalps", which was never true. There is no proof of such a claim, and plenty of proof that red skins was a term referring to Indians. In eastern Ohio, the name Redskins was adopted by Indian Creek High School in 1993, so Indians are cool with it. This is simply some white hating indians trying to make white people look bad. I know from experience, they are one of the most racist groups in the country. Reservation Indians HATE white people in Washington State.

I remember partying near a reservation one night and we ran into a group of young indian dudes. We offered them some beer, and one of these mother fuckers comes up and says "we scalp white people in these parts". What the fuck is that shit? Not only is it cliché, its fucking rude. Another indian pulled him away and apologized, explaining that most Indians don't like white people. Fuck them motherfuckers.

Ironic, since the practice of scalping in the US came from the white French to begin with and was an ancient practice in Europe.

I'm sure obama wants the new name to be the washington butt pluggers. Since he is a gay man himself. A card carrying member of a gay bath house in chicago.

Obama, in an interview with The Associated Press, said team names such as the Redskins offend "a sizable group of people." He said that while fans get attached to the names, nostalgia may not be a good enough reason to keep them in place.

News from The Associated Press

Uh....hey Cracka Ass.....mind yo own bidness.
More proof that wingnuts HATE freedom of speech.

Yo, faggot...you freaked when the CEO of Chic-Fil-A did the same thing.
Wrong, trailer trash - I supported people not buying his 'roided up chicken sandwiches.

But you wingnuts hate the free market as much as you hate the Constitution.

The Washington Redskins had their attorney respond to President Obama's suggestion that the football team change its name.

"We at the Redskins respect everyone," said a statement from attorney Lanny J. Davis. "But like devoted fans of the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Blackhawks (from President Obama's hometown ), we love our team and its name and, like those fans, we do not intend to disparage or disrespect a racial or ethnic group."

"As a supporter of President Obama, I am sure the president is not aware that in the highly respected Annenberg Institute poll (taken 2004) with a national sample of Native Americans, 9 out of 10 Native Americans said they were not bothered by the name the 'Washington Redskins.'

"The president made these comments to the Associated Press, but he was apparently unaware that an April 2013 AP poll showed that eight out of ten of all Americans in a national sample don't think the Washington Redskins name should be changed.

Redskins attorney responds to Obama
Braves is not disparaging.

Although, their play in the NLCS certainly is.

Forum List

Back