Obama open to name change for Washington Redskins

I see. Let me try again.

If the Redskin name s offensive, here are the available options.

1) Buy the team and rename said team.

2) Not buy the team and bitch and moan on the internet and accomplish nothing else because people get to do what they want with things they own.

2a) After a while, figure out nobody cares about your pet cause. Go find something else to bitch and moan on the internet about in effect shutting the fuck up about the whole affair.

Remember when they changed the Washington Bullets to the Washington Wizards because they thought it would help stop black crime

Obama, in an interview with The Associated Press, said team names such as the Redskins offend "a sizable group of people." He said that while fans get attached to the names, nostalgia may not be a good enough reason to keep them in place.

News from The Associated Press

Uh....hey Cracka Ass.....mind yo own bidness.

Show me where he makes the official decision as to the name of the Washington football team. Or is he just expressing his opinion?

Obama, in an interview with The Associated Press, said team names such as the Redskins offend "a sizable group of people." He said that while fans get attached to the names, nostalgia may not be a good enough reason to keep them in place.

Show me where he makes the official decision as to the name of the Washington football team. Or is he just expressing his opinion?

Really neither. This was one lifted from one answer to one question at the end of an unrelated interview -- none of which (the rest of the interview) is quoted here-- and cherrypicked-stitched together to make it look like something it isn't. Doc laid this all out in post 15, yet on and on it goes as if it's still some kind of legitimate event.

It's like you said Bo - these wags just generate myth-thread after myth-thread in hopes that the unwashed will assume it as true, like the Amber Alerts.

I just love the delicious irony of the OP taking a snippet of a response to a question, completely out of context, and then going "hey Cracka Ass.....mind yo own bidness" :lmao:

What a maroon.

I've got a message for Obammy and everyone who perpetuates shit like this. Can you guess what it is? Hint it involves one of my fingers.

That team should be renamed Washington Welfare.

George Preston Marshall is smiling somewhere

History of the Washington Redskins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During most this unsuccessful period, Marshall continued to refuse to integrate the team, despite pressure from The Washington Post and the federal government of the United States (a typical comment by Post writer Shirley Povich was "Jim Brown, born ineligible to play for the Redskins, integrated their end zone three times yesterday").
"I think it is quite plain that if he wants an argument,
he is going to have a moral argument with the
president and with the administration."

Secretary of the Interior Stewart Udall, on
Marshall's refusal to integrate the Redskins On March 24, 1961, Secretary of the Interior Stewart Udall warned Marshall to hire black players or face federal retribution. For the first time in history, the federal government had attempted to desegregate a professional sports team.[51] Finally, under threat of civil rights legal action by the Kennedy administration, which would have prevented a segregated team from playing at the new District of Columbia Stadium, as it was owned by the U.S. Department of the Interior and thus federal government property, the Redskins became the final pro football franchise to integrate, in 1962

Last edited:

That team should be renamed Washington Welfare.

That would probably be pretty representative of the population of D.C.

If he's going to be open to something, why not negotiate with Congress and get this stalemate over?

this obsessing over a football team name is just about as out there as people can get

but don't talk about BANNING abortion, these SAME people heads will spin around and spew green slime all over

some people need to get a life

they are ruining the game of football...they should just play flag football, eliminate all names, and be done with it

Last edited:

During most this unsuccessful period, Marshall continued to refuse to integrate the team, despite pressure from The Washington Post and the federal government of the United States (a typical comment by Post writer Shirley Povich was "Jim Brown, born ineligible to play for the Redskins, integrated their end zone three times yesterday").

Marshall's refusal to integrate the Redskins On March 24, 1961, Secretary of the Interior Stewart Udall warned Marshall to hire black players or face federal retribution. For the first time in history, the federal government had attempted to desegregate a professional sports team.[51] Finally, under threat of civil rights legal action by the Kennedy administration, which would have prevented a segregated team from playing at the new District of Columbia Stadium, as it was owned by the U.S. Department of the Interior and thus federal government property, the Redskins became the final pro football franchise to integrate, in 1962

I wonder what percentage of our esteemed RW posters would have gone all in supporting Marshall.

I wonder what percentage of our esteemed RW posters would have gone all in supporting Marshall.

Can you believe the Redskins didn't integrate until 1962? 15 years after Jackie Robinson

Forum List

Back