Obama plans to expand overtime eligibility for millions of workers

Breaking News: Obama the retard signs an executive order to solve a problem that doesn't exist, dumb ass libs applaud. Tune in next week when he signs an executive order allowing the sun to shine. /eyeroll

"Not everyone is as greedy as you libturds." That made absolutely no sense.

RW, not much of us is born with a golden spoon in our mouths, we take the shit jobs, work our ass off and we are paid back with our references from our past bosses.

That's how it works to move up.

Hard to believe how you have sold out...If I am a good boy, management will take care of me

You work for compensation. If you work the time, you deserve to be compensated for it. It is not the workers responsibility to give free labor to ensure the company makes a profit
Lmao .....

Sold out?

I go to work everyday that my boss fears me from quitting, management won't touch me and the stupid rules they make for everyone else.

I earned it, I can do any job in this place, my benefit now is I am untouchable.

I know more then they do.

You are a credit to USMB

In the end, this is just another far left (not liberal...there is a big difference) effort to demonstrate they know what's better.

There is an issue.

As usual, their solutions are pretty screwed up.

What is screwed up about paying people for the hours they work?

Government controls business, not the other way.

We had a problem with fast food in our East Texas town, so we had the health department issue their findings and shut down six of them on one day. Fined them as well. They were all kowtowing within me the week.

That cleaned things up for a very long while.

Last edited:
RW, not much of us is born with a golden spoon in our mouths, we take the shit jobs, work our ass off and we are paid back with our references from our past bosses.

Hard to believe how you have sold out...If I am a good boy, management will take care of me

You work for compensation. If you work the time, you deserve to be compensated for it. It is not the workers responsibility to give free labor to ensure the company makes a profit

You negotiate your contract when you hire in. You should know what the pay rate is and how it works.

We have labor laws

They direct what a workweek is and what should be compensated as straight time and what whould be overtime

Management has been intentionally exempted from these laws. Employers, seeing a huge loophole, are stretching the limits of who is exempt from overtime.

Obama is calling them on it...long overdue

You negotiate your contract when you hire in. You should know what the pay rate is and how it works.

We have labor laws

They direct what a workweek is and what should be compensated as straight time and what whould be overtime

Management has been intentionally exempted from these laws. Employers, seeing a huge loophole, are stretching the limits of who is exempt from overtime.

Obama can't do shit! He doesn't write the laws and he can't amend them. His job is to execute the law.

You need to read up on the labor laws, I don't think it says what you think it says.

Federal Labor Laws For Salaried Employees

We have labor laws

I was hired with the understanding of 50-55 hours.
I've been pulling 65-70 for months now

Yes, the executive branch can make business knuckle its brow.

We have labor laws

Obama can't do shit! He doesn't write the laws and he can't amend them. His job is to execute the law.

You need to read up on the labor laws, I don't think it says what you think it says.

Which branch does the Department of Labor reside?

We have labor laws

Which branch does the Department of Labor reside?

Doesn't matter, they don't write their own laws.

In the end, this is just another far left (not liberal...there is a big difference) effort to demonstrate they know what's better.

There is an issue.

As usual, their solutions are pretty screwed up.

What is screwed up about paying people for the hours they work?

Nothing. If they agree to that up front.

What's screwed up is taking the decision away from them.

What is also screwed up is the President of the United States Of American sticking his nose into the business community telling them what to do (please add the stupid paid leave onto the list.....then you'd have to be paid for hours you DON'T work).

He can't do his job as it is (we certainly should not be paying him).

Neither can either the House or the Senate (or them).

We have labor laws

Instead of saying they have to be paid overtime, why not just relegate them to the prescribed workweek.

I work around union people who are very good at ensuring that jobs don't get done fast enough so that overtime is required (and of course, they have to be paid for it). Watch what managers do the same now.

Now, if companies had an easier time of firing people........

We have labor laws

I was hired with the understanding of 50-55 hours.
I've been pulling 65-70 for months now

So the question comes.

What if I have a job to do, but my boss won't allow the overtime ?

And I chose to work that on my own ? Does Obama say I can't (1984...here we come).

What if a Union Welder did that ? What a laugh ?

Forum List

Back