Obama Presidency, may Bankrupt America for many years into the Future.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
If we enact many of President elect Barack Obama's programs, the American
economy may infact become bankrupt for many years to come.

The fact that we will have two major Wars ongoing, and major fedral expeditures,may cause major damage to the overall economy.This damage may take many years to repair, and it may also trigger a global
cascade effect to other nations around the world.

What we may have will be a total global, financial upheaval, the likes of which
the world has never seen.

Yes, because it's doing so well right now.

I thought the anti-Christ/alien could fix all of this 52nd Street. I mean, if you're the anit-Christ/ET, shouldn't you have special powers and such?

Er, perhaps you weren't paying attention the past eight years but George W Bush tacked on more debt than most non-war time Presidents in the history of the United States, and its going to get worse with the bailout.

Bush and Congress crippled the economy by starting a war in Iraq. Then the Democrats took over Congress in 2007 and things really started going South. Expect more of the same. Why do most Americans vote for these idiots in the first place? I guess that's one reason why so many refer to us as dumb Americans.

I don't think the war in Iraq has much to do with our troubles. It may exacerbate it a bit but it is not the source.

Ya I'd have to vote for stupid spending practices, I don't get economics but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you shouldn't buy more than you can afford and it isn't just the consumer doing it its the banks too with leveraging loans by 30 fold, christ. No wonder we're in the shitter.

Ya I'd have to vote for stupid spending practices, I don't get economics but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you shouldn't buy more than you can afford and it isn't just the consumer doing it its the banks too with leveraging loans by 30 fold, christ. No wonder we're in the shitter.

Agreed----screw the ratios and formulae. People blow money on shit they don't need and so does our government. Ain't no free lunch folks.

There is tons of wasted revenue in our over funded military. Hell, how much do the the Marines alone just spend on propaganda? Lots to cut there and transfer that savings into saving children and the elderly in medical programs

The fact that we will have two major Wars ongoing, and major fedral expeditures,may cause major damage to the overall economy.This damage may take many years to repair, and it may also trigger a global
But he's black so you're a racist! Can't you put your racism away just for one minute and reflect on his historic Presidency?

Total global financial upheaval aside, he's doing a great job! His approval numbers so far are around 64%!

If Einstein, Adam Smith and Jesus formed a triumvirate to run the US, it would still be bankrupt for many years to come. Obama is being handed one hell of a mess, some of it Bush's fault, some not.

I will be so fucking glad when Obama has 100 days in office and we, for good or ill, actually have something to talk about.

The baseless claims that the sky is falling are quickly moving from funny (like a doe-eyed toddler claiming their food is poison funny) through boring and into the realm of annoying.

-Joe

I will be so fucking glad when Obama has 100 days in office and we, for good or ill, actually have something to talk about.

The baseless claims that the sky is falling are quickly moving from funny (like a doe-eyed toddler claiming their food is poison funny) through boring and into the realm of annoying.

-Joe

True. The pie-throwing is very frustrating.

Obama could do nothing but continue the Bush policies and America would be bankrupt, too.

Point in fact America is already bankrupt.

The only reasons they don't evict us all is because they know the torch and pitchfork mobs would form up in every town square in America.

Like some of our White Nationalists, I too am waiting for the cleansing fire, only I believe that the battle lines will not be drawn up based on race, but on class.

Obama could do nothing but continue the Bush policies and America would be bankrupt, too.

Point in fact America is already bankrupt.

The only reasons they don't evict us all is because they know the torch and pitchfork mobs would form up in every town square in America.

Like some of our White Nationalists, I too am waiting for the cleansing fire, only I believe that the battle lines will not be drawn up based on race, but on class.

Well, the cleasing fire may in fact be released on America, for all of her crimes
againsts Blacks, and other nations throughout the world.God is in fact Black,
as many religeous scriptures indicate.America has decieded to disobey Gods
commandments. As Sodom and Gommorah was destroyed by fire, so may America be destroyed for abominable sin.Homosexual marriage should never be legalized.This could get us all destroyed by the creator.

Agreed----screw the ratios and formulae. People blow money on shit they don't need and so does our government. Ain't no free lunch folks.

except for the illegal immigrant (am I still allowed to say that?) children in the High School where I work get free lunch every day.

Who's paying for that dilloduck?

So therefore you are wrong, There IS free lunch folks lol

Hell, how much do the the Marines alone just spend on propaganda?

Nothing on propaganda. It's all true.

As to the theme of this thread, it's stupid. Bush put US in the shitter and now were going to blame Obama.

Bush had a surplus, a smaller deficit, smaller national debt, etc. etc. etc. He will retire with his pension and when his daddy gets out of the arms business that junior made boom, he will get this blood money.

Bush and Cheney better hope there is no hell.

Nothing on propaganda. It's all true.

As to the theme of this thread, it's stupid. Bush put US in the shitter and now were going to blame Obama.

Bush had a surplus, a smaller deficit, smaller national debt, etc. etc. etc. He will retire with his pension and when his daddy gets out of the arms business that junior made boom, he will get this blood money.

Bush and Cheney better hope there is no hell.

Actually, it was Jimmy Carter, that started incurring huge defeceits. Not, the
Bush's.

Actually, it was Jimmy Carter, that started incurring huge defeceits. Not, the
Bush's.

Check your facts before you start spouting off about the frugal GOP.

Deficit - dKosopedia

Kennedy-Johnson Administrations (FY1962-FY1969)
During the eight years of the Kennedy and Johnson administrations (FY1962-1969), the budget was in deficit for seven years. The largest deficit was $110.1 billion in FY1968. The only surplus was $13.4 billion in FY1969. The Kennedy-Johnson budgets added $250.9 billion to the national debt and averaged a yearly budget deficit of $31.36 billion.

Nixon-Ford Years (FY1970-FY1977)
The Nixon and Ford administrations ran deficits for each of their eight years. The highest deficit was $188 billion in FY1976. The lowest deficit was $11.1 billion in FY1970. The Nixon-Ford budgets added $702.7 billion to the national debt and averaged a yearly deficit of $87.84 billion.

Carter Years (FY1978-FY1981)
The Carter administration ran a deficit in each of its four years. The highest deficit was $136.6 billion in FY1980 and the lowest was $83.1 billion in FY1979. The Carter budgets added $482.8 billion to the national debt and averaged yearly budget deficits of $120.7 billion.

The Reagan Years (FY1982-FY1989)
The Reagan administration ran budget deficits in each of its eight years. The lowest deficit was $188.6 billion in FY1989 and the highest was $311 billion in FY1983. The Reagan years added $1.94 trillion to the national debt and averaged annual deficits of $242.23 billion.

The Bush (George Herbert Walker) Years (FY1990-FY1993)
The Bush administration ran deficits in each of its four years. The highest deficit was $318.5 bilion in FY1992. The lowest was $261.9 billion in FY1990. The Bush years added $1.16 trillion to the national debt and averaged a yearly deficit of $289.68 billion.

The Clinton Years (FY1994-FY2001)
The Clinton administration ran deficits in each of its first four years and surpluses in each of the last four years. The largest deficit was $213 billion in FY1994 and the largest surplus was $219 billion in FY2000. The Clinton years paid down a net $14.2 billion of national debt and averaged a surplus of $1.78 billion.
We really don't need to put W's numbers in here do we?

Summary
· Only 5 of the past 40 budgets have been surpluses. All 5 were by Democratic presidents.
· The twenty years of budgets prepared by Republican presidents increased the national debt by $3,800,000,000,000. The average yearly deficit under Republican budgets was $190 billion.
· The twenty years of budgets prepared by Democratic presidents increased the national debt by $719,500,000,000. The average yearly deficit under Democratic budgets was $36 billion.

Forum List

Back