Obama quotes nonexistent Bible verse in immigration speech

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
What the hay? He doesn't know the Consitution, he doesn't know about the separation of powers and now we know he doesn't know the bible. I think he would be better at quoting the Koran.

While there are plenty of Bible verses to mention while discussing immigration, President Obama on Tuesday quoted one which isn't so great, mainly because it's not real. "The good book says don't throw stones at glass houses, or make sure we're looking at the log in our eye before we are pointing out the moat in other folks eyes," Obama said during a speech in Nashville. One problem, though: The Bible never mentions glass houses.

In addition to his biblical misquote, Obama also tied his immigration policy to the Christmas story, saying, "If we're serious about the Christmas season, now is the time to reflect on those who are strangers in our midst and remember what it was like to be a stranger." This analogydrew conservative ire as opponents of the president's immigration reform noted that Mary and Joseph were actually visiting Joseph's ancestral home. Watch Obama's comments in the video below. --Bonnie Kristian

Obama quotes nonexistent Bible verse in immigration speech - The Week

Do you have any idea how many versions there are of the bible?

It has been translated and rewritten so many times and according to so many different agendas, it gives Cafeteria Christian a whole new meaning.

Fact is, if one of the phony christians said exactly the same thing, you fools would be lining up to applaud. Or are you saying that there has never been a proverb grown out of words from the christian bible?

In any event, here's another link -

FaithWriters.com-Christian Bible Studies - PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULDN T THROW STONES

Whatever. The president has accomplished amazing things for our country all the RWs can do is gripe.

10580049_828003613886291_3249061976425937802_n_zps7ff690ac.jpg

He make me ill. He uses religion and his kids whenever he wants to pass his stinking agenda on us

Other than that he calls us all racist

He make me ill. He uses religion and his kids whenever he wants to pass his stinking agenda on us

You see that is the difference between us, you will wrap yourself in the flag and hold a cross. Obama actually helped 5 million people gain the security by not getting deported.

I wonder which one did the christian thing.

It has been translated and rewritten so many times and according to so many different agendas, it gives Cafeteria Christian a whole new meaning.

Fact is, if one of the phony christians said exactly the same thing, you fools would be lining up to applaud. Or are you saying that there has never been a proverb grown out of words from the christian bible?

FaithWriters.com-Christian Bible Studies - PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULDN T THROW STONES

Whatever. The president has accomplished amazing things for our country all the RWs can do is gripe.
In other words, you're full of shit. Lying and spinning won't work.

Oh yeah Obama's accomplished great things with my money. Like... uhmmm ... well... uh... shovel ready projects that no one wanted to fund!!! Uhmm... the government spent a ton of money harassing & spying on US citizens!!! oh...

Uhmmm yeah I guess all he did was piss my money away. Hell even on the border instead of using border funds to stop illegals he's using border funds to "bus" illegals into the interior of the country.

In other words, you're full of shit. Lying and spinning won't work.

Okay, so you're saying those things are not in the christian bible.

You're wrong but you're welcome to it.

You see that is the difference between us, you will wrap yourself in the flag and hold a cross. Obama actually helped 5 million people gain the security by not getting deported.

I wonder which one did the christian thing.
The Christian thing would be to not put the asshole in office in the first place. Jesus wasn't a dictator.

a moron bashes Obama for not knowing the bible, and the moron doing the bashing knows LESS about the bible than the person he's bashing does ... and then some other moron jumps in defending the moron who doesn't know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground ..

you can't make that shit up ... RW's should sell tickets.

LMFA

Oh yeah Obama's accomplished great things with my money. Like... uhmmm ... well... uh... shovel ready projects that no one wanted to fund!!! Uhmm... the government spent a ton of money harassing & spying on US citizens!!! oh...

Uhmmm yeah I guess all he did was piss my money away. Hell even on the border instead of using border funds to stop illegals he's using border funds to "bus" illegals into the interior of the country.

Jesus H Fucking Christ.

You just make up shit out of whole cloth.

a moron bashes Obama for not knowing the bible, and the moron doing the bashing knows LESS about the bible than the person he's bashing does ... and then some other moron jumps in defending the moron who doesn't know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground ..

you can't make that shit up ... RW's should sell tickets.

LMFA
An asshole spreads more liberal diarrhea around because that's all asshole is capable of. You can't make THAT shit up!

Forum List

Back