Obama quotes nonexistent Bible verse in immigration speech

What the hay? He doesn't know the Consitution, he doesn't know about the separation of powers and now we know he doesn't know the bible. I think he would be better at quoting the Koran.

While there are plenty of Bible verses to mention while discussing immigration, President Obama on Tuesday quoted one which isn't so great, mainly because it's not real. "The good book says don't throw stones at glass houses, or make sure we're looking at the log in our eye before we are pointing out the moat in other folks eyes," Obama said during a speech in Nashville. One problem, though: The Bible never mentions glass houses.

In addition to his biblical misquote, Obama also tied his immigration policy to the Christmas story, saying, "If we're serious about the Christmas season, now is the time to reflect on those who are strangers in our midst and remember what it was like to be a stranger." This analogydrew conservative ire as opponents of the president's immigration reform noted that Mary and Joseph were actually visiting Joseph's ancestral home. Watch Obama's comments in the video below. --Bonnie Kristian

Obama quotes nonexistent Bible verse in immigration speech - The Week
My brothers keeper quote came from when Cain killed his brother Able

a moron bashes Obama for not knowing the bible, and the moron doing the bashing knows LESS about the bible than the person he's bashing does ... and then some other moron jumps in defending the moron who doesn't know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground ..

you can't make that shit up ... RW's should sell tickets.

LMFA

And then they have the nerve to preach and screech their holier-than-thou shit.

If there really was a god, he/she would be rolling over in his/her grave.

lol, you see who aren't Christians in this thread along with Obama

you criticize him and they blow a gasket. such subjects to a man

they are all as phony as a three dollar bill. Obama is their fake Messiah

I suggest a Bible study class for a lot of the posters here. Especially if you want to try to talk about what is, and what is not, in the Bible.

a moron bashes Obama for not knowing the bible, and the moron doing the bashing knows LESS about the bible than the person he's bashing does ... and then some other moron jumps in defending the moron who doesn't know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground ..

LMFA
An asshole spreads more liberal diarrhea around because that's all asshole is capable of. You can't make THAT shit up!

that's your opinion, and you're an idiot. so

LMFA
An asshole spreads more liberal diarrhea around because that's all asshole is capable of. You can't make THAT shit up!

Your diaper must be full by now.

Lot of fake christians here- know the words, but miss the lesson totally. Of course it's a more modern paraphrase of the bible duh. Be tolerant, hater dupe hypocrites....

Do you have any idea how many versions there are of the bible?

It has been translated and rewritten so many times and according to so many different agendas, it gives Cafeteria Christian a whole new meaning.

Fact is, if one of the phony christians said exactly the same thing, you fools would be lining up to applaud. Or are you saying that there has never been a proverb grown out of words from the christian bible?

In any event, here's another link -

FaithWriters.com-Christian Bible Studies - PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULDN T THROW STONES

Whatever. The president has accomplished amazing things for our country all the RWs can do is gripe.

10580049_828003613886291_3249061976425937802_n_zps7ff690ac.jpg
Oh yeah Obama's accomplished great things with my money. Like... uhmmm ... well... uh... shovel ready projects that no one wanted to fund!!! Uhmm... the government spent a ton of money harassing & spying on US citizens!!! oh...

Uhmmm yeah I guess all he did was piss my money away. Hell even on the border instead of using border funds to stop illegals he's using border funds to "bus" illegals into the interior of the country.

Jesus H Fucking Christ.

You just make up shit out of whole cloth.
I can see the cum stain on your dress from here.

LMFA

Your diaper must be full by now.

grow up.

Lot of fake christians here- know the words, but miss the lesson totally. Of course it's a more modern paraphrase of the bible duh. Be tolerant, hater dupe hypocrites....
Reverend Wright did a lot of modern paraphrasing too so it's not surprising. However, retard, it's one thing to paraphrase a point, pastors do it all the time but quite another to say "it's in the book".

Reverend Wright did a lot of modern paraphrasing too so it's not surprising. However, retard, it's one thing to paraphrase a point, pastors do it all the time but quite another to say "it's in the book".
Split hairs much? "Another outrageous Obama lie" lol...miss the point much, intolerant, ignorant hater dupe? Enjoy hell. Or change the channel.

Split hairs much? "Another outrageous Obama lie" lol...miss the point much, intolerant, ignorant hater dupe? Enjoy hell. Or change the channel.
I didn't say anything about outrageous or a lie. I was implying he's an idiot. No, it's not splitting hairs, that's why I called you a retard.

Do you have any idea how many versions there are of the bible?

It has been translated and rewritten so many times and according to so many different agendas, it gives Cafeteria Christian a whole new meaning.

Fact is, if one of the phony christians said exactly the same thing, you fools would be lining up to applaud. Or are you saying that there has never been a proverb grown out of words from the christian bible?

In any event, here's another link -

FaithWriters.com-Christian Bible Studies - PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULDN T THROW STONES

Whatever. The president has accomplished amazing things for our country all the RWs can do is gripe.

10580049_828003613886291_3249061976425937802_n_zps7ff690ac.jpg
Oh yeah Obama's accomplished great things with my money. Like... uhmmm ... well... uh... shovel ready projects that no one wanted to fund!!! Uhmm... the government spent a ton of money harassing & spying on US citizens!!! oh...

Uhmmm yeah I guess all he did was piss my money away. Hell even on the border instead of using border funds to stop illegals he's using border funds to "bus" illegals into the interior of the country.

Jesus H Fucking Christ.

You just make up shit out of whole cloth.
I can see the cum stain on your dress from here.

As usual, first you lie. Then you get caught in your lie and your answer is a dirty mouth insult.

Next, you will post yet another lie or another dirty mouth insult.

And, even though you know nothing about the bible and even though you have a filthy mouth, I'll just bet you consider yourself a "christian".

No wonder real human beings hate you phony christians.

But it IS "in the book".

Is there a bigger liar or bigger hypocrite than you phony christians?

I wonder if the Obots bow every night to an Obama shrine?

damn it's a cult. Obama does remind me of Jim Jones. Never accept kool-aid from either

I'm fairly certain he'll be burning in hell with Teddy boy Kennedy when his time comes

Forum List

Back