Obama says Obamacare is the law of the land but so was..

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Obama says Obamacare is the law of the land . So where other things like Slavery, segregation, prohibing, women's suffrage, prohibition, DOMA And all those laws were changed. So ,do you libs want to go back and put all these laws back into place since it WAS the law of the land in history. I sure dont but since you are so hell bent saying this is the LAW Of the LAND so were all of these

Obama says Obamacare is the law of the land . So where other things like Slavery, segregation, prohibing, women's suffrage, prohibition, DOMA And all those laws were changed. So ,do you libs want to go back and put all these laws back into place since it WAS the law of the land in history. I sure dont but since you are so hell bent saying this is the LAW Of the LAND so were all of these

And the border fence

-Geaux

Are you seriously comparing slavery to affordable health care?

Tell me honestly, if it were a GOP Pres and Senate and a Dem House, would you support the minority party shutting down the government to force legislation they didn't have the votes for?

A GOP President and Senate would negotiate. Not rule like a dictator.

-Geaux

Tell me honestly, if it were a GOP Pres and Senate and a Dem House, would you support the minority party shutting down the government to force legislation they didn't have the votes for?

Yes , Because Obama is forcing US who do not want it do so something we do not want to do. Just like Slavery..

So we only enforce the laws that Obama wants to enforce, and all others are hem, hem, 'negotiable'?

-Geaux

The house has no obligation to fund every "law of the land". Their responsibility is to provide funding for the government in accordance with revenue and priorities----thats why its called a budget.

this recent dem/lib/obozo rant that "its the law, you have to fund it" is total bullshit.

Yes , Because Obama is forcing US who do not want it do so something we do not want to do. Just like Slavery..

Because forcing someone to spend a few bucks and do a sensible thing is just like working 16 hours a day in the blazing sun picking cotton for no pay.

Do you people really expect to be taken seriously with that argument?

The Founding Fathers created a Republic with a system of checks and balances to make sure no one group or party ever takes all the power for any length of time. They did this on purpose. They feared the Tyranny of a Temporary majority.

In this way, they expected opposing powers to be in power at the same time, FORCING DEBATE and NEGOTIATIONS.

They were some smart people. Which is why the Libs hate the Constitution.

-Geaux

obama and the dems do not want a 1 year delay in the individual mandate because they know that once the people find out what obamacare will do to them personally, they will reject in completely. They are determined to ram it up our butts before the real impacts are known.

Because forcing someone to spend a few bucks and do a sensible thing is just like working 16 hours a day in the blazing sun picking cotton for no pay.

slavery takes many forms. generational welfare is a form of slavery. government dependency is a form of slavery

It's against the constitution to FORCE anyone to buy something they don't want or get taxed (fined) for it if they don't. And yes it can be compared to slavery...people are being forced against their will to do something they don't want to do. But all Lovebear was saying is just because it's a law, doesn't mean it can't be changed.

How were those laws changed?

(oh, just a historical note, with possibly the exception of prohibition, every one of those changes was opposed by the conservatives of those times.)

slavery takes many forms. generational welfare is a form of slavery. government dependency is a form of slavery

That would make dependency on your electric company, or your supermarket, or your gas station, or your doctor, or your dentist, or your auto mechanic, or your bank, or your job for that matter,

slavery.

-Geaux

:lol:

The "Decider" ruled like a dictator.

So you believe you have the right to do anything you please and that the government is trying to enslave you if they make any law against anything you want to do?

The ACA is law. Passed by both houses of Congress, signed by the President and upheld by the Supreme Court. In order to repeal a law, you must have the VOTES for it. That is how our system of government works. What the GOP is doing is anarchy.

"Most of US" do not support repeal and an OVERWHELMING "most of us" do not want the government shut down over it.

-Geaux

obama and the dems do not want a 1 year delay in the individual mandate because they know that once the people find out what obamacare will do to them personally, they will reject in completely. They are determined to ram it up our butts before the real impacts are known.

How long has the law been on the books?

in some ways yes

Forum List

Back