Obama tells Hollywood to stop glorifying guns (apparently cars are ok)

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Americans do more killing with cars than guns and it would be much much easier to stop the highway carnage but obozo says hell with that. Hollywood continues to churn out movies that not only glorify cars but glorify homicidal driving like speeding and text-driving.

Obama to Hollywood: Don't glorify guns | TheHill

Nov 26, 2013

President Obama urged a room of Hollywood executives and employees on Tuesday to "think long and hard" about the messages gun violence sends in movies.

"We gotta make sure that we're not glorifying it," Obama told the crowd at DreamWorks studio, adding that movie executives had a "big responsibility" to the viewing public. "Because the stories you tell shape our children's outlook and their lives."

Obama, who has sought to push tougher gun measures after a string of mass shootings across the country, briefly touched upon meetings Vice President Biden had with Hollywood executives earlier this year. "Those conversations need to continue," he said. "The stories we tell matter," he continued.

On the final day of a three-day trip to the West Coast, the president trumpeted the uptick of the economy, touting the entertainment industry as "one of America's economic engines."

Well then I guess Stallone will have to shelve...
Expendables 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,and 10

I guess he will pick up the continuing saga of Rocky Balboa and make Rocky 12,13,14,15,16 and 17

Hollyweed can not make a movie without guns, violence, murder or anything totally disgusting to us normal folks, personally i have NOT been in a movie theater for over 30 years, i do not support their liberalism in any way, they all hate guns, yet make their living from using them in their fucking shit like movies.

They're going to reshoot the Matrix so that Neo asked for "Cars...lots of cars"

Last edited:
Hollywood can make movies without guns, or even without conflict. They just won't make any money.

I'm an avid movie goer. But have to say most Hollywood movies, if not all, completely stereotype blacks and other minorities. Obama is wasting his time if he thinks Hollywood isn't going to do whatever it can to make money. Not to mention Obama is talking to the wrong people. What he needs to do is go into the inner cities and address the so-called leaders there.

• Banned
Hollywood can make movies without guns, or even without conflict. They just won't make any money.

Same thing with cars. The idiot american loves to see vehicle violence and death same as with guns. Americans love killing. Guns, cars, war, and abortion. Murder is what america is about.

If I were the level of shit Obama is then I'd do everything I could to keep guns away from me too. There are only so many SS that can keep the bullets away from a known tyrant.

Americans do more killing with cars than guns and it would be much much easier to stop the highway carnage but obozo says hell with that. Hollywood continues to churn out movies that not only glorify cars but glorify homicidal driving like speeding and text-driving.

Nov 26, 2013

President Obama urged a room of Hollywood executives and employees on Tuesday to "think long and hard" about the messages gun violence sends in movies.

"We gotta make sure that we're not glorifying it," Obama told the crowd at DreamWorks studio, adding that movie executives had a "big responsibility" to the viewing public. "Because the stories you tell shape our children's outlook and their lives."

Obama, who has sought to push tougher gun measures after a string of mass shootings across the country, briefly touched upon meetings Vice President Biden had with Hollywood executives earlier this year. "Those conversations need to continue," he said. "The stories we tell matter," he continued.

On the final day of a three-day trip to the West Coast, the president trumpeted the uptick of the economy, touting the entertainment industry as "one of America's economic engines."

Gee, wonder why he didn't mention bombs? Cuz maybe he has such a large arsenal of them? Ya think?

Nov 26, 2013

I don't think Hollywood glorifies guns. Hollywood glorifies people who use them. You know. Criminals!

And fish!
I'm sure I saw someone get beaten up with a frozen fish in a movie once.
He didn't mention fish once!!

Forum List

Back