Obama thinks we're all stupid. Some of you really are.

Another Sheeple buying the lie that the President was talking for private insurance companies when he said people could keep the policies they liked.
People who heard the topic of the speech know he was talking about the Obamacare grandfathering clause.

But Republican propaganda is what it is and Fox addicts are addicted.

You're a lying piece of trash.

The truth often hurts the delusional.

Does ANYONE have ANYTHING constructive to say??? Geezz.....This entire forum has become so full of crap from posters hell bent on hurling insults instead of reading differing POV. C'mon mods, I haven't been here long but how can you overlook the language? It reduces good debate into worthless rhetoric. I dunno, maybe I am wrong here & the mods are ok with this stuff. Good luck with that,,,

Does ANYONE have ANYTHING constructive to say??? Geezz.....This entire forum has become so full of crap from posters hell bent on hurling insults instead of reading differing POV. C'mon mods, I haven't been here long but how can you overlook the language? It reduces good debate into worthless rhetoric. I dunno, maybe I am wrong here & the mods are ok with this stuff. Good luck with that,,,

Constructive means in accordance with the truth. Right?

Truth according to whom?

Truth according to whom?

There is only one truth. We each have the responsibility to figure out what it is.

Oh honey, you haven't been here long, have you? the mods here tolerate the most vile language imaginable - on a daily basis. You will need to develop a very thick skin to be here.

When I first started, I tried to debate like an adult. It didn't take me long to realize that their is no civil debate here. Only left against right.

it gets heated. Gird your loins if you plan on staying.

The same means the same. What the President said was true. Your the one who's being stupid.

So you really are that stupid as to believe that a price increase somehow 'changes the plan'. Wow, dumb leftists are dumb.

Please link to where obama specified 'if you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period. Unless anything little thing on it changes, and that means even if the price goes up, then it will be cancelled and you will be sol'. Prior to when his lying spinny ass said it today. He can't back peddle fast enough on this. Oh wait ... were we suppose to go read the bill to find out what was in it?

I was right ... idiot lap-dogs like you will defend this crap and this shitty administration because --- obama!

Can't wait till the employer mandate kicks in next year right before elections and millions more lose the plans the president said we could keep.

Clearly, you are not very bright. To think that he said that you can have whatever you want from your insurance company.

The purpose of Obamacare was to make everyone responsible for the cost of their health care. You thought that you could get away with only being responsible if you didn't need any health care. But that door got closed. Bummer.

No one thinks he said that because that isn't what he said.
What he did say was "you can keep your health plan. Period." I see no exceptions or qualifications there. Period.

It happens I am one of a few people who actually could keep his plan because I had it prior to 2010. So all the people who got their plan after that and are finding that plan cancelled due to Ocare regs understand that Obama's promise was a lie. And he knew it was a lie when he made the statement. That is already established.
There is simply no way you can spin that to be what it obviously is.

I've heard many if them say that we should nuke this place or that. They don't need to own one to do that if they have a majority in government. Thank God that won't happen.
Yep, you've abandoned your asinine claim. Good, because it was REALLY stupid.

Actually I abandoned your asinine claim.
See, now you're just flat-out lying. Why do you do that?

Oh, yes -- you somehow laughably believe that you HAVEN'T completely screwed the pooch in this thread.

How's that working out for you, kid?

So you really are that stupid as to believe that a price increase somehow 'changes the plan'. Wow, dumb leftists are dumb.

Please link to where obama specified 'if you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period. Unless anything little thing on it changes, and that means even if the price goes up, then it will be cancelled and you will be sol'. Prior to when his lying spinny ass said it today. He can't back peddle fast enough on this. Oh wait ... were we suppose to go read the bill to find out what was in it?

I was right ... idiot lap-dogs like you will defend this crap and this shitty administration because --- obama!

Can't wait till the employer mandate kicks in next year right before elections and millions more lose the plans the president said we could keep.

Clearly, you are not very bright. To think that he said that you can have whatever you want from your insurance company.

The purpose of Obamacare was to make everyone responsible for the cost of their health care. You thought that you could get away with only being responsible if you didn't need any health care. But that door got closed. Bummer.

No one thinks he said that because that isn't what he said.
What he did say was "you can keep your health plan. Period." I see no exceptions or qualifications there. Period.

It happens I am one of a few people who actually could keep his plan because I had it prior to 2010. So all the people who got their plan after that and are finding that plan cancelled due to Ocare regs understand that Obama's promise was a lie. And he knew it was a lie when he made the statement. That is already established.
There is simply no way you can spin that to be what it obviously is.

To think that he said that you can have whatever you want from your insurance company.

only in America where freedom of choice comes second

how shameful we have become

and this is somehow considered normal

I'm sure sheeple will buy into this. Actually, I find it extremely insulting that the WH expects Americans to believe the rhetoric they are spewing;

White House on honesty in the Age of Obama: "What difference does it make?" | Washington Times Communities

Another Sheeple buying the lie that the President was talking for private insurance companies when he said people could keep the policies they liked.

People who heard the topic of the speech know he was talking about the Obamacare grandfathering clause.

But Republican propaganda is what it is and Fox addicts are addicted.

And what did the grandfathering clause grandfather in? Private health insurance plans.

When he said 'you can keep your plan if you like your plan' he meant ... if you like your insurance plan, you could keep it. Period. <--- means 'what I just said it what I meant'.

obama. Lied. His. Ass. Off.

My brother lost his individual catastrophic plan. Gone at the end of December. Know what changed on his plan? Nothing but a price increase. His actual plan --- what was covered --- didn't change at all.

obama. Lied. His. Ass. Off.

Keep spinning, we're all getting a kick of how utterly and hopelessly moronic you all are flailing about. You leftists look like a bunch of damn herrings flopping around on a dock trying to spin this into anything other than what it really is.

obama. Lying. His. Ass. Off.
Meanwhile, the Administration changed the grandfathering rules to benefit his corporate cronies:

Obama modified 'grandfathering' rules to benefit businesses | The Daily Caller

In November 2010, HHS modified the regulation to provide even further flexibility for larger companies, even allowing them to change insurance providers without losing grandfathered status, despite already giving them favorable treatment. According to the HHS fact-check:
“Previously, one of the ways an employer group health plan could lose its grandfather status was if the employer changed issuers – switching from one insurance company to another. The original regulation only allowed self-funded plans to change third-party administrators without necessarily losing their grandfathered plan status. Today’s amendment allows all group health plans to switch insurance companies and shop for the same coverage at a lower cost while maintaining their grandfathered status, so long as the structure of the coverage doesn’t violate one of the other rules for maintaining grandfathered plan status.”​
By comparison, HHS regulations for individual insurance coverage ensured that relatively minor changes to these plans — for example, an increase in the deductible above a certain amount — would result in these plans losing grandfathered status. Whereas the regulations allowed businesses to swap out one insurance carrier for another, buyers in the individual insurance market could not even change plans with the same carrier without losing protected status.​

Obamacare: Fucking the Little Guy On Purpose.

Policies that did not change did not have to change. Read instead of just reciting Republican propaganda.

"If you like your insurance policy you can keep it. Period, end of story"

Please find anywhere in the above sentence anything implying "unless the policy changes"

Let me assist

IT AINT THERE

Apparently to this latest obama fluffer, it is but we're just to dumb to see it.

the people do not like being tricked by the fine print in a contract

in fact if obama was a licensed insurance agent

he would be out on bond right now awaiting trial

Please find anywhere in the above sentence anything implying "unless the policy changes"

Let me assist

IT AINT THERE

Apparently to this latest obama fluffer, it is but we're just to dumb to see it.

Obamacare does not limit your choice to continue a grandfathered policy. Those writing policies do.

Obamacare does not limit your choice to continue a grandfathered policy. Those writing policies do.

"If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period."-Obama.
I see nothing about "grandfathered" there.
Another weasel lie.

Policies that did not change did not have to change. Read instead of just reciting Republican propaganda.

Let me assist

IT AINT THERE

Obviously he assumed you knew the context of his statement. Just as obviously, he overestimated your capabilities.

Obviously we should have read his friggen mind.

Let me assist

IT AINT THERE

Obviously he assumed you knew the context of his statement. Just as obviously, he overestimated your capabilities.

Obviously we should have read his friggen mind.

Many people got it right listening to his words.

The same means the same. What the President said was true. Your the one who's being stupid.

You are dumber than a bag of shit.

He didn't say "you can have whatever you want from your insurance company" HE SAID: If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. Period.' Stop trying to dodge.

Stupid, moron is stupid, moron. Try reading what I actually wrote, dumbass. My brother had an individual health insurance plan that he paid for, with he very own money, no subsidies, no one else footing the bill for him, he took responsibility, fucking obama and dems shoved this pile of crap down our throats, obama stood there and repeatedly REPEATEDLY said if you like your plan you can keep it. Period. Over and over and over he said it. HE FUCKING LIED. Now he, you and countless other brain-dead, ass-kissing, obama zombies are bending over backward trying to wiggle out of it. Newflash, it ain't gonna never happen.

obama and dems lied their asses off on this and have been caught. You are pathetic in your sorry assed attempts to justify or excuse this in any way.

He didn't say "you can have whatever you want from your insurance company" HE SAID: If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. Period.' Stop trying to dodge.

Stupid, moron is stupid, moron. Try reading what I actually wrote, dumbass. My brother had an individual health insurance plan that he paid for, with he very own money, no subsidies, no one else footing the bill for him, he took responsibility, fucking obama and dems shoved this pile of crap down our throats, obama stood there and repeatedly REPEATEDLY said if you like your plan you can keep it. Period. Over and over and over he said it. HE FUCKING LIED. Now he, you and countless other brain-dead, ass-kissing, obama zombies are bending over backward trying to wiggle out of it. Newflash, it ain't gonna never happen.

obama and dems lied their asses off on this and have been caught. You are pathetic in your sorry assed attempts to justify or excuse this in any way.

Obamacare allowed grandfathering of existing policies. Private insurance companies chose not to.

The President can't and wouldn't talk about their decisions. He was talking about the government's decision to grandfather.

It speaks volumes about Republican propaganda that those simple obvious facts have been pried from so many weak minds.

Obamacare allowed grandfathering of existing policies. Private insurance companies chose not to.

The President can't and wouldn't talk about their decisions. He was talking about the government's decision to grandfather.

It speaks volumes about Republican propaganda that those simple obvious facts have been pried from so many weak minds.
You are one ignorant shitbag.
Private insurance companies had no choice in the matter. If the policy was issued after whatever 2010, and it didnt conform to Ocare guidelines, it had to be cancelled. Companies had no choice in the matter. Consumers had no choice in the matter. All of it was driven by gov't regulation.

You are one ignorant shitbag.
Private insurance companies had no choice in the matter. If the policy was issued after whatever 2010, and it didnt conform to Ocare guidelines, it had to be cancelled. Companies had no choice in the matter. Consumers had no choice in the matter. All of it was driven by gov't regulation.

Ignorance can only be cured by the ignorant, learning. Something that you refuse to do.

You’ve probably read a lot about how the Affordable Care Act is going to change health insurance, but does it all apply to you? If you get your insurance from your employer, there’s a very good chance that you are in a "grandfathered plan," and that means some of the changes do not affect you — yet.

Framers of the Affordable Care Act allowed some health plans to be exempt from some of the law’s rules and protections in the interests of a smooth transition and to allow businesses and individuals to keep current policies without having to make substantial changes. More than a third of all Americans who get insurance through their jobs are enrolled in such plans, although that number is expected to decline every year.
Nonetheless, consumers should know the status of their plans since that may determine whether they are eligible for certain protections and benefits created by the health law. For example, an employee at a large company may wonder why his job-based insurance doesn't include the free preventive services he's heard about. Or someone who purchases her own coverage may wonder whether she will be eligible for broader benefits when new insurance marketplaces open next fall. To answer those questions, you must understand the status of your plan and how grandfathering works. Here are the basics:
What is a grandfathered plan?
Most health insurance plans that existed on March 23, 2010 are eligible for grandfathered status and therefore do not have to meet all the requirements of the health care law. But if an insurer or employer makes significant changes to a plan’s benefits or how much members pay through premiums, copays or deductibles, then the plan loses that status.
The government's regulations spell out how much plans can change the amount paid by workers or employers before losing their status.
Both individual plans, the kind you buy on your own, and group plans, the kind you receive through an employer, can be grandfathered. If you get coverage through an employer, you can join a grandfathered plan even if you weren’t enrolled on March 23, 2010.
What rules does a grandfathered plan have to follow?
A grandfathered plan has to follow some of the same rules other plans do under the ACA. For example, the plans cannot impose lifetime limits on how much health care coverage people may receive, and they must offer dependent coverage for young adults until age 26 (although until 2014, a grandfathered group plan does not have to offer such coverage if a young adult is eligible for coverage elsewhere). They also cannot retroactively cancel your coverage because of a mistake you made when applying, a practice known as a rescission.

Forum List

Back