obama to condemn Christian film maker before UN

I have still failed to find any report that says that Obama is going to condemn the "film" maker.
Or even where he's going to apologise.

Can someone please help?
I'm feeling left out of the conversation.

Try following links, you are using the internet.

I have, the links I've found don't say anything about condemnation or apology (apart from the Breitbart blog).
So you can understand my confusion.

I have still failed to find any report that says that Obama is going to condemn the "film" maker.
Or even where he's going to apologise.

Can someone please help?
I'm feeling left out of the conversation.

I have, the links I've found don't say anything about condemnation or apology (apart from the Breitbart blog).

Funny, the link you found is actually in the available if you follow the link in the OP.

Next week, Obama will denounce the film in a speech before the United Nations General Assembly:
National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor previews the president's speech to the UN General Assembly next week:
"UNGA always provides an opportunity for the President to put the international situation in context, and to put forward a vision of US leadership. I would certainly expect the President to address the recent unrest in the Muslim world, and the broader context of the democratic transitions in the Arab World."
"As he has in recent days, the President will make it clear that we reject the views in this video, while also underscoring that violence is never acceptable[.]

Obama to Condemn Christian Filmmaker Before United Nations

Once again somehow someway it's America's fault. Always funny how it always turns out this way.

Like I said, you are using the internet.

No, I am saying what I have said multiple times, the government should not have a position on the content of speech. Period.

Tell me something, if Romney gets elected and goes to the UN to condemn The Book of Mormon, would that be acceptable in your world? In mine, it would be just as wrong.

Yes, it should have a position....If the content does not represent the sentiment of the country.

As far as the Romney scenario, Why would he do that? He's a Mormon....I'm not following you on that.

Really? Can you explain why The Book of Mormon is a Broadway musical if denigrating other people's religious beliefs isn't the viewpoint of our country? Is the reason your not following me because you have your head up your ass and don't know about the Broadway play?

The Book of Mormon - Broadway Tickets | Broadway | Broadway.com

oh...nice. You play games...I didn't know about the Broadway Musical. I mean, you do know that the Mormon Holy Book is also called "The Book of Mormon", right? I assumed that's what you were talking about.

No, I don't really pay attention to pop culture.....so, if that means I have my "head up my ass", I'll wear it as a badge of honor. There was a thread a few weeks ago about Nikki Minaj, or whatever the hell her name is,...I didn't know who she was either....nor do I care.

If you didn't know that "The Book of Mormon" Was the title of the the Mormon Holy Book and was just a Broadway Play, the you're the one with your head up your ass....and that kind of ignorance has no honor to be found in.

As far as the play? Let's put it in perspective....are we the Middle East? Where we are trying to promote Democracy and peace? Or are we in the United States, where we already have it? Once again....our Constitution is not every one else's.

The guy who made the film inflamed a significant number of people. They are told by their version of Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow that that film represents how America feels about Islam, and they believe it. The more we say nothing, the more people over there will believe it.

Once again....is this something you want to go to war over? No one is prosecuting this man, no one is executing him....hell, no one is even stopping him from making another....but his hatred of Islam doesn't represent America, and that's something that the president should have the right to address.

Last time I check France is not in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Then tell lady gun licker President Obama should not comment on or condemn the crucifix immersed in urine at the UN also. He doesn't represent France.

US tax dollars paid for that art, which was made in the US.

Yep we US citizens do the best art!

Strange how some remember something that happened about 30 years ago but forget the the republicans and Bush brought us the Patriot Act.

Last edited:

Funny, the link you found is actually in the available if you follow the link in the OP.

Next week, Obama will denounce the film in a speech before the United Nations General Assembly:
National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor previews the president's speech to the UN General Assembly next week:
"UNGA always provides an opportunity for the President to put the international situation in context, and to put forward a vision of US leadership. I would certainly expect the President to address the recent unrest in the Muslim world, and the broader context of the democratic transitions in the Arab World."
"As he has in recent days, the President will make it clear that we reject the views in this video, while also underscoring that violence is never acceptable[.]

Once again somehow someway it's America's fault. Always funny how it always turns out this way.

An opinion piece isn't news.
The Politico piece reporting the WH announcement, on which Breitbart bases his view, doesn't mention condemning the film-maker.

So, yeah, I still can't find a link where he is intending to condemn the film-maker - or apologise for it, or the US Constitution etc, etc....

Yes, it should have a position....If the content does not represent the sentiment of the country.

As far as the Romney scenario, Why would he do that? He's a Mormon....I'm not following you on that.

Really? Can you explain why The Book of Mormon is a Broadway musical if denigrating other people's religious beliefs isn't the viewpoint of our country? Is the reason your not following me because you have your head up your ass and don't know about the Broadway play?

oh...nice. You play games...I didn't know about the Broadway Musical. I mean, you do know that the Mormon Holy Book is also called "The Book of Mormon", right? I assumed that's what you were talking about.

No, I don't really pay attention to pop culture.....so, if that means I have my "head up my ass", I'll wear it as a badge of honor. There was a thread a few weeks ago about Nikki Minaj, or whatever the hell her name is,...I didn't know who she was either....nor do I care.

If you didn't know that "The Book of Mormon" Was the title of the the Mormon Holy Book and was just a Broadway Play, the you're the one with your head up your ass....and that kind of ignorance has no honor to be found in.

As far as the play? Let's put it in perspective....are we the Middle East? Where we are trying to promote Democracy and peace? Or are we in the United States, where we already have it? Once again....our Constitution is not every one else's.

The guy who made the film inflamed a significant number of people. They are told by their version of Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow that that film represents how America feels about Islam, and they believe it. The more we say nothing, the more people over there will believe it.

Once again....is this something you want to go to war over? No one is prosecuting this man, no one is executing him....hell, no one is even stopping him from making another....but his hatred of Islam doesn't represent America, and that's something that the president should have the right to address.

Romney has been asked about the musical, more than once, there have been threads about it here. I figured that anyone that follows politics would know about it. Forgive me for overestimating you.

Do I want to go to war over my rights? No, but I am willing to rather than let a bunch of idiots dictate to me what I say and think. Just because you are afraid of them does not mean everyone is.

The Politico piece reporting the WH announcement, on which Breitbart bases his view, doesn't mention condemning the film-maker.

So, yeah, I still can't find a link where he is intending to condemn the film-maker - or apologise for it, or the US Constitution etc, etc....

Strangely enough, the White House says he is going to condemn the video because the US does not condone that type of speech. I can understand your confusion, you want things spelled out in detail.

That said, why is the President of the United States taking a position on the content of a video? Do you really think he should be doing that?

Romney has been asked about the musical, more than once, there have been threads about it here. I figured that anyone that follows politics would know about it. Forgive me for overestimating you.

Do I want to go to war over my rights? No, but I am willing to rather than let a bunch of idiots dictate to me what I say and think. Just because you are afraid of them does not mean everyone is.

Who's dictating anything to you?

Eqypt is now pushing the UN to declare anything denigrating Islam against International Law....of course Jesus Boy will agree to it.

Eqypt is now pushing the UN to declare anything denigrating Islam against International Law....of course Jesus Boy will agree to it.

It won't pass.

STFU...Atheist. You don't speak for me.

Strangely enough, the White House says he is going to condemn the video because the US does not condone that type of speech. I can understand your confusion, you want things spelled out in detail.

That said, why is the President of the United States taking a position on the content of a video? Do you really think he should be doing that?

No, he's to say that "we reject the views in this video", he's not condemning the right of the bloke to make it, or express his views - but they don't reflect US policy.

Isn't that great?
Free speech is protected and and the right to it is reinforced by the President.

Excuse me for spelling it out in detail for you, but I thought it best.

Two years ago this month, General Petraeus condemned the Koran burning threat on the grounds that it was a danger to US troops.

Was he wrong to do that? Was that a condemnation of free speech? Was that a violation of any oath he might have been working under?????

Petraeus: Burning Qurans Could Endanger Troops - CBS News

Was he wrong? Yes.

Why?

First of all, why can't people speak out if they find such things offensive?

STFU...Atheist. You don't speak for me.

Of course he doesn't.
But it doesn't hurt to say what you will do.

Steel has beebes for balls...he would support the UN....but he hasn't the balls to say it.

Once again...STFU. You don't own me....nor do you know me.

I don't think I owe ANY of you an answer....but No, I would not support it any more than I would an International law doing the same for Christianity.

Religion is a personal thing. Not a dictatorial one.

Forum List

Back