Obama/Unions Screwing Americans is Fun

Repeat after me: There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Repeat after me, the rich are hosing us all.

Ok..In what way have YOU been hosed by the rich...
You personally.
Give an example.

Large corporations are not taking care of their employees. They have moved jobs overseas increasing welfare. Wages are poor so food stamps increases. They no longer pay out good benefits so now we have obamacare. They no longer pay pensions so more and more need social security. Government continues to grow because of this. Our country is going deeper and deeper into debt, we are all affected.

They have figured out it is cheaper for the government to take care of their workers. Hence why we have more and more government.
On the contrary, in Right to Work States it's easier for workers to get jobs as they are allowed to work where they want. Therefore, we wind up with less unemployed workers, thus requiring less government assistance.

But the jobs pay so little that the people need to be on food stamps. And the benefits so bad that the government created obamacare. And when these people retire they will have no pensions so they will need social security.
Depends on the job. Jobs requiring skilled workers pay quite well, regardless if union is involved. Regarding obamacare, right now it is a big mess, and many of those 5 million or so who had their health insurance cancelled are still without coverage as the new premiums are not affordable. As for social security, I payed into it, and I expect to receive it once I retire, I'm sure most of us will concur.

On the contrary, in Right to Work States it's easier for workers to get jobs as they are allowed to work where they want. Therefore, we wind up with less unemployed workers, thus requiring less government assistance.

But the jobs pay so little that the people need to be on food stamps. And the benefits so bad that the government created obamacare. And when these people retire they will have no pensions so they will need social security.
Depends on the job. Jobs requiring skilled workers pay quite well, regardless if union is involved. Regarding obamacare, right now it is a big mess, and many of those 5 million or so who had their health insurance cancelled are still without coverage as the new premiums are not affordable. As for social security, I payed into it, and I expect to receive it once I retire, I'm sure most of us will concur.

Republicans want to increase the age to collect social security. I hope you live to be old enough to collect.

So watch the unions lose power and the middle class disappear, brainwashed chumps of the greedy rich...

Hey shit for brains....With just 7% of the total workforce ( private sector) unions have very little to do with the middle class of today.
Unions are DONE.

yawn; more people belong to public servic unions nowadays; so your 7% number is irrelevant; those unions are destroying the finances of cities and states across the nation

you're a joke; like most of the self-deceiving idiots on the Left here

In see you deliberately ignored private sector jobs.
BTW, those numbers of public union jobs are declining as well.
Indiana and Wisconsin just eliminated collective bargaining ( there's a joke) for some or all unionized public employees.
More ? Than when?
Look, I don't know from under which rock you crawled, but know this....Do not get personal.

Repeat after me: There is no such thing as a free lunch.

No, they aren't. You think they are because you've made bad life choices and envy the rich.
The truth is there is no free lunch. Someone pays for it. Someone paid for company health benefits. Health costs have risen far more than inflation for 30 years. You cannot expect companies to continue to foot the bill for that.
Repeat: There is no free lunch. There is no free lunch.

The cost of medical care has risen for many reasons.
One, government mandates on insurance coverage. Two the proliferation of health insurance together with the unrealistic expectation that medical insurance should provide first dollar coverage.
Three, government interference in the dispensing of care. Four, tumbling reimbursements to care givers who treat medicare and medicaid patients.

Yes that's working out really well for the rich. Of course everyone else has flat wages, poor or no healthcare, bad or no retirement benefits... No wonder government keeps growing to take care of people.
If I have the right credentials for a job, and the company won't hire me if I refuse to join their union, that would be very unfair. With unions, companies often are forced to pass up qualified candidates in favor of less qualified ones because some of the qualified candidates want nothing to do with the union. As a result, the talent pool of the company suffers. However, companies are getting smarter, as many of them are unionless, giving them the leeway to hire the most qualified candidates.

They have figured out it is cheaper for the government to take care of their workers. Hence why we have more and more government.

Oh please. stop making up stuff as you go.

No, they aren't. You think they are because you've made bad life choices and envy the rich.
The truth is there is no free lunch. Someone pays for it. Someone paid for company health benefits. Health costs have risen far more than inflation for 30 years. You cannot expect companies to continue to foot the bill for that.

The cost of medical care has risen for many reasons.
One, government mandates on insurance coverage. Two the proliferation of health insurance together with the unrealistic expectation that medical insurance should provide first dollar coverage.
Three, government interference in the dispensing of care. Four, tumbling reimbursements to care givers who treat medicare and medicaid patients.

Don't forget grossly high executive pay.

If I have the right credentials for a job, and the company won't hire me if I refuse to join their union, that would be very unfair. With unions, companies often are forced to pass up qualified candidates in favor of less qualified ones because some of the qualified candidates want nothing to do with the union. As a result, the talent pool of the company suffers. However, companies are getting smarter, as many of them are unionless, giving them the leeway to hire the most qualified candidates.

Oh please. stop making up stuff as you go.

Oh? How am I making it up? Are those areas where the government is growing? Have you not heard about people with full time jobs still needing food stamps? You know anyone who still gets a pension? How about health insurance into retirement? The government handles that stuff now. But hey ceo pay has sure gone up.

Of course companies can't pay for it, but they can afford to pay execs grossly high wages? Really? You prefer the government pays for it I guess. Just don't understand you big government people.

The top brass in most companies are compensated in stock options.
Government pays for nothing. Taxpayers fund the government.
Look, stoop posting. You are a far left wing radical who is also an Obama true believer.
We get it. You may go now.

Really so they can afford to pay execs huge salaries, but you actually believe they can't pay for healthcare for employees? If you buy that your not very bright.

What do they spend on healthcare?
What do they spend on salaries?
What do they get for their health care expenses?
What do they get for their salaries?

You blew your brains out with a .357 so wont be able to answer these questions.

If the top execs make a few million less does that leave more money to spend on healthcare?
Nope.
Because that would mean the value of the company stock has gone down.

Of course companies can't pay for it, but they can afford to pay execs grossly high wages? Really? You prefer the government pays for it I guess. Just don't understand you big government people.

The top brass in most companies are compensated in stock options.
Government pays for nothing. Taxpayers fund the government.
Look, stoop posting. You are a far left wing radical who is also an Obama true believer.
We get it. You may go now.

You clearly love big government.

What do they spend on healthcare?
What do they spend on salaries?
What do they get for their health care expenses?
What do they get for their salaries?

You blew your brains out with a .357 so wont be able to answer these questions.

If the top execs make a few million less does that leave more money to spend on healthcare?
Nope.
Because that would mean the value of the company stock has gone down.

Oh I see. So the higher a company pays the execs, the higher the stock price goes up. Overpaying execs is great for profit. Right.

Your questions don't matter, answer mine. It's just math, you can do it.

My questions are crucial. The fact is if corporations paid every senior executive one dollar a year it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference, because health care expenses dwarf salaries by a serious factor.
Something you wouldn't get because you blew your brains out with a .357.

If they paid every senior executive one dollar a year that would leave millions and millions and millions left to pay for workers insurance. How dumb are you that you don't think millions would make a difference?

Plus healthcare expenses would actually go down if they all were paid a dollar. Think of all the execs in the health care industry making millions. You have the heads of hospitals, drug companies, insurance companies... Not cheap to pay all those execs.

Of course paying them a dollar isn't very realistic, but they have gone from getting paid 30X the average worker in the 70's to like 300X the average worker now. And they still do the very same job. I guess those execs from the 70's must have been lazy eh? I think if they went back to closer to the 30X the average worker again a lot of things would be fixed.
HA...No it wouldn't....First off, no executive would work for no pay.
The class envy of the left.....Funny shit.

My questions are crucial. The fact is if corporations paid every senior executive one dollar a year it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference, because health care expenses dwarf salaries by a serious factor.
Something you wouldn't get because you blew your brains out with a .357.

If they paid every senior executive one dollar a year that would leave millions and millions and millions left to pay for workers insurance. How dumb are you that you don't think millions would make a difference?

Plus healthcare expenses would actually go down if they all were paid a dollar. Think of all the execs in the health care industry making millions. You have the heads of hospitals, drug companies, insurance companies... Not cheap to pay all those execs.

Of course paying them a dollar isn't very realistic, but they have gone from getting paid 30X the average worker in the 70's to like 300X the average worker now. And they still do the very same job. I guess those execs from the 70's must have been lazy eh? I think if they went back to closer to the 30X the average worker again a lot of things would be fixed.
HA...No it wouldn't....First off, no executive would work for no pay.
The class envy of the left.....Funny shit.

And why wouldn't it?

Millions doesnt make much difference when you consider that health care costs are about $2.6T. Do the math.
I realize scale is not something that you can understand. But there it is.
ANd why do you think companies pay execs that much? Because they like wasting money? Because its a crony system? Because people are greedy?

And just how much do you think health care costs are for the average person?

You think it's a coincidence that healthcare costs started skyrocketing at the same time exec pay did? hmmm...

Yes I think the system is quite rigged.

My wife's employer pays $14,000 per year per employee. That's an average.
That's based on $480 per month she pays which is about 40% of the total cost.
And as for your correlation between the cost of insurance( not healthcare) is false.
It was the federal government meddling in a system that worked quite well.
Before that, people could buy insurance on the individual market at reasonable rates.

Millions doesnt make much difference when you consider that health care costs are about $2.6T. Do the math.
I realize scale is not something that you can understand. But there it is.
ANd why do you think companies pay execs that much? Because they like wasting money? Because its a crony system? Because people are greedy?

And just how much do you think health care costs are for the average person?

You think it's a coincidence that healthcare costs started skyrocketing at the same time exec pay did? hmmm...

Yes I think the system is quite rigged.

My wife's employer pays $14,000 per year per employee. That's an average.
That's based on $480 per month she pays which is about 40% of the total cost.
And as for your correlation between the cost of insurance( not healthcare) is false.
It was the federal government meddling in a system that worked quite well.
Before that, people could buy insurance on the individual market at reasonable rates.

That's pretty close to the average cost in the USA for family insurance. I'm quite certain companies could afford to pay all of it.

No I mean even an idiot can see that skyrocketing executive pay would increase the costs of healthcare. Clearly your somewhere below idiot...

<snigger>

OK, I'll bite. Why does skyrocketing execitive pay increase the cost of healthcare?

Ok since you want to keep asking the most dumb of questions. Cigna CEO David Cordani received $19.1 million in total compensation for 2011. Where do you think that $19.1 million comes from? Well it comes from people paying cigna for health insurance. Now if they had paid him say $3 million then that's $16.1 million less people could have paid for health care. Really very simple. BTW, $3 million a year is still a lot of money.

Sorry. It does not work that way.
Now, if you can prove that it does, you are a hero.
Quite frankly, an IDIOT could see the two are mutually exclusive.

<snigger>

OK, I'll bite. Why does skyrocketing execitive pay increase the cost of healthcare?

Ok since you want to keep asking the most dumb of questions. Cigna CEO David Cordani received $19.1 million in total compensation for 2011. Where do you think that $19.1 million comes from? Well it comes from people paying cigna for health insurance. Now if they had paid him say $3 million then that's $16.1 million less people could have paid for health care. Really very simple. BTW, $3 million a year is still a lot of money.

Sorry. It does not work that way.
Now, if you can prove that it does, you are a hero.
Quite frankly, an IDIOT could see the two are mutually exclusive.

Really? So who pays for these big salaries for the CEO's?

Ok..In what way have YOU been hosed by the rich...
You personally.
Give an example.

Large corporations are not taking care of their employees. They have moved jobs overseas increasing welfare. Wages are poor so food stamps increases. They no longer pay out good benefits so now we have obamacare. They no longer pay pensions so more and more need social security. Government continues to grow because of this. Our country is going deeper and deeper into debt, we are all affected.

It is not the job of business to 'take care' of their employees.
The employee/employer relationship is merely a contract of service.
The employer agrees to pay the employee as long as the employee fulfills the terms and conditions of employment. It's just that simple.
Which jobs have moved overseas?
Defined benefit pensions are simply no longer sustainable. Those pensions made GM crumble to its knees.
Most states have tens or even hundreds of billions of dollars in unfunded pension obligations.
You believe these benefits are an entitlement. An expectation. I get it.
You have an opinion.
The fact is, a business negotiated with each employee the compensation package. That has not changed.
Lastly, workers are free to move to any employer they wish. Companies use these fringe benefits to attract the best prospects.
Now, you did not answer the question.
Once again, how have YOU been hosed by the rich?

Forum List

Back