Obama uses grieving parents to promote gun legislation

You find it funny obama cares so much for these grieving parents, he didn't give time to the Dad who lost a child in this and said he wanted Obama to stop trying to force gun control on us over it

don't be fooled people..Obama only cares that he can USE THIS WOMAN for his AGENDA..

That's funny...most Republicans couldn't find time to meet with the Newtown families last week

I am way late in this thread...but...yes, this was as pathetic as it was obvious.
These people lost children, and to take that crushing grief and use it to score political points in egregious.
But, it isn't like this is something we have never seen before. Politicians are politicians...and Obama is not any different than any other one you could draw from a hat.

The Newtown families came to Washington because they expected Congress to finally do something.........suckers

Some of these parents are undoubtedly in a state of depression, and Obama uses them to promote his new gun legislation…. Obama is scum:evil:

Mother Of Slain Newtown Boy Gives White House Weekly Address

Actually fucktard, the parents of the murdered children are using the deaths of their babies to motivate heartless Republicans into doing something that would actually help other Americans. You guys are so fucking dirty. Monsters. I don't believe it will work. The Republican leadership didn't see dead babies, they saw opportunity to arm more Americans.

shut up all of you fucking hypocrites...you all who are pro choice don't get to rail all high and mighty about how others don't care for dead babies..

I care about babies. Living, breathing babies. I care they have a chance to succeed. That means health care and education.

Republicans care about a fetus. Their "caring" ends at birth. We all know it. You know it. I know it. It's not a secret.

Some of these parents are undoubtedly in a state of depression, and Obama uses them to promote his new gun legislation…. Obama is scum:evil:

I don't know where you live but you don't go shooting up a bunch of kids in Norman Rockwell Country north of Manhattan without causing a hell of a stir. These people are educated, monied and connected.

Obama could have used the families of Aurora, CO and Tucson, AZ victims for his so-called agenda but I guess you've forgotten about those massacres already. He didn't need to wait until Newtown. Gabby Gifford's bullet would have been enough.

The short-term memory loss of your average Republican nitwit never cease to amaze me.

Last edited:
Actually fucktard, the parents of the murdered children are using the deaths of their babies to motivate heartless Republicans into doing something that would actually help other Americans. You guys are so fucking dirty. Monsters. I don't believe it will work. The Republican leadership didn't see dead babies, they saw opportunity to arm more Americans.

shut up all of you fucking hypocrites...you all who are pro choice don't get to rail all high and mighty about how others don't care for dead babies..

I care about babies. Living, breathing babies. I care they have a chance to succeed. That means health care and education.

Republicans care about a fetus. Their "caring" ends at birth. We all know it. You know it. I know it. It's not a secret.

all you care about is spouting about how much you supposedly care
you are a hypocrite to the end degree as with most of you pro-choice..live with it

30-50 round magazines should have been banned years ago

That would not have prevented anything.

As anyone with a little common sense knows, with a little practice a magazine can be changed out in about 2 seconds. 3 ten round, a ten and a twenty, or any combination thereof would have dealt the same damage in virtually the same time.

Feel good legislation won't do anything.

Under immense pressure there is a big difference in having to change mags four times and having to do it twelve times. At Sandy Hook, 11 children escaped during one of Lanzas magazine changes

Still would not have prevented it.

But a double set of steel doors would have.

And what pressure was Lanza under. No one was shooting back.

Listen to the nutters banging on "feel good" legislation. Assholes fail to realize that the reason we don't have an outright ban on assault weapons is because the politicos want to make weird gun nuts and arms makers feel good.

Tools.

The reason is that they are absolutely no different than any other semiautomatic rifle.

Some people who aren't knee jerk reactionaries realize this.

I don't know where you live but you don't go shooting up a bunch of kids in Norman Rockwell Country north of Manhattan without causing a hell of a stir. These people are educated, monied and connected.

Obama could have used the families of Aurora, CO and Tucson, AZ victims for his so-called agenda but I guess you've forgotten about those massacres already. He didn't need to wait until Newtown. Gabby Gifford's bullet would have been enough.

The short-term memory loss of your average Republican nitwit never cease to amaze me.

Obama was just waiting until he got re-elected to go full retard.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q"]never go full retard[/ame]

Last edited:
I am way late in this thread...but...yes, this was as pathetic as it was obvious.
These people lost children, and to take that crushing grief and use it to score political points in egregious.
But, it isn't like this is something we have never seen before. Politicians are politicians...and Obama is not any different than any other one you could draw from a hat.

The Newtown families came to Washington because they expected Congress to finally do something.........suckers

While I am sorry for their losses, they don't have any more right to demand my guns than they would demanding alcohol and cars being banned if their kids had been killed by a drunk driver.

Obama uses victims as examples to prevent this thing from happening again.

Because with the OP's logic, fuck who you are and what you have to endure. *MY* extremely lax gun rights are at stake! I will have to deal with REGULATION!

Loonies and Psychos should be given guns and nobody should do anything about it.
Loony's and Psychos should NOT be given guns. The problem is, this won't prevent that.

I can grieve with the parents. I can also criticize them for allowing themselves to be used by their government for a political agenda that predates their children's death by about 8 decades.

Obama, and these parents are standing on the bodies of their dead children to punish people who have nothing but the utmost sympathy for their loss.

I would never think of taking My grief out on an entire nation..

all you care about is spouting about how much you supposedly care
you are a hypocrite to the end degree as with most of you pro-choice..live with it

Call me names. Just don't call me wrong. It would be a mistake.

That would not have prevented anything.

As anyone with a little common sense knows, with a little practice a magazine can be changed out in about 2 seconds. 3 ten round, a ten and a twenty, or any combination thereof would have dealt the same damage in virtually the same time.

Feel good legislation won't do anything.

Under immense pressure there is a big difference in having to change mags four times and having to do it twelve times. At Sandy Hook, 11 children escaped during one of Lanzas magazine changes

Still would not have prevented it. And what pressure was Lanza under. No one was shooting back.

exactly

154 rounds in 10 minutes

ten frikkin minutes

that is around 3&1/2 to 4 seconds between shots

ample tome to swap a magazine

which he did several times

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GsmUzSBaUQ]Army Pro Shooting Tips : How to Speed Reload a Pistol - YouTube[/ame]

Speed reloading!

While I am sorry for their losses, they don't have any more right to demand my guns than they would demanding alcohol and cars being banned if their kids had been killed by a drunk driver.

Quick question sportcheck..................ever heard of MADD? (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers)......................

Those grieving parents are not speaking out 'to score political points'. They are not speaking out for the President of the United States. They are speaking out for their beloved child that was brutally murdered. They are speaking out with the hope that their child's brief life can have some long term meaning. They are speaking out with the hope that their voice can lead to common sense laws so other parents never have to experience the grief they are burdened with.

You folks have ZERO compassion, ZERO understanding of human nature, and ZERO intelligence.

Those grieving parents are not speaking out 'to score political points'. They are not speaking out for the President of the United States. They are speaking out for their beloved child that was brutally murdered. They are speaking out with the hope that their child's brief life can have some long term meaning. They are speaking out with the hope that their voice can lead to common sense laws so other parents never have to experience the grief they are burdened with.

You folks have ZERO compassion, ZERO understanding of human nature, and ZERO intelligence.

oh sure..only you have all those..:rolleyes:

oh sure..only you have all those..:rolleyes:

I'm not the only one. But you're not one of them.

Forum List

Back