Obama uses grieving parents to promote gun legislation

I am way late in this thread...but...yes, this was as pathetic as it was obvious.
These people lost children, and to take that crushing grief and use it to score political points in egregious.
But, it isn't like this is something we have never seen before. Politicians are politicians...and Obama is not any different than any other one you could draw from a hat.

Those grieving parents are not speaking out 'to score political points'. They are not speaking out for the President of the United States. They are speaking out for their beloved child that was brutally murdered. They are speaking out with the hope that their child's brief life can have some long term meaning. They are speaking out with the hope that their voice can lead to common sense laws so other parents never have to experience the grief they are burdened with.

You folks have ZERO compassion, ZERO understanding of human nature, and ZERO intelligence.

Whatever prompts those parents to speak out, it is low and despicable that this government regime is using their grief and pain to score political points to push their gun-grabbing agenda.

I am way late in this thread...but...yes, this was as pathetic as it was obvious.
These people lost children, and to take that crushing grief and use it to score political points in egregious.
But, it isn't like this is something we have never seen before. Politicians are politicians...and Obama is not any different than any other one you could draw from a hat.

Those grieving parents are not speaking out 'to score political points'. They are not speaking out for the President of the United States. They are speaking out for their beloved child that was brutally murdered. They are speaking out with the hope that their child's brief life can have some long term meaning. They are speaking out with the hope that their voice can lead to common sense laws so other parents never have to experience the grief they are burdened with.

You folks have ZERO compassion, ZERO understanding of human nature, and ZERO intelligence.

Whatever prompts those parents to speak out, it is low and despicable that this government regime is using their grief and pain to score political points to push their gun-grabbing agenda.
The anti-gun argument relies on emotion, ignorance and dishonesty; this is just business as usual.

SO, the Constitution says felons, murderers, wife beaters and the mentally ill have a right to own lethal weapon?

And going after law abiding citizen's guns fixes that how exactly?

Tell me Einstein, HOW do we identify law abiding citizens from non law abiding citizens?

Same way we identify legitimate voters at the polls, we ask them.

While I am sorry for their losses, they don't have any more right to demand my guns than they would demanding alcohol and cars being banned if their kids had been killed by a drunk driver.

Quick question sportcheck..................ever heard of MADD? (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers)......................

That's Mothers Against Drunk Drivers, not Mothers Against Cars Driven by Drunk Drivers, or Mothers Against Places that serve or sell Alcohol to Drivers.
Apples and oranges, again.
You will also notice that MADD is against drivers who drive drunk.

They are NOT against all Drivers, or drivers who use their autos responsibly.

It just goes right over their heads.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out. I didn't read every post.

Sandy Hook Actor Francine Lobis-Wheeler - A Preformance - YouTube

Here is Francine wheebler an actor. And Obama's new crusader for tougher gun laws and parent of 6 year old Ben, a sandy hook victim.

Here are Richard and Jennifer Sexton who are also actors playing the part of *parents Nick and Laura Phelps, whose children attend sandy hook.

5A6B3C26-DDB6-43AB-8845-9AC15B2FA74E-116-0000000AF588E601.jpg

Was everyone in Sandy Hook an actor?

Now I'll be the first one to admit I'm a lunatic but this seems to be quite a coincidence.

No real surprises here. The first video is a real class act, indeed. That there were actors involved in a lot of the "interviews" has come to light often enough to bring much into question. What are the chances that the "mother" who took obama's address was anything but a stand-in actor?

Quick question sportcheck..................ever heard of MADD? (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers)......................

That's Mothers Against Drunk Drivers, not Mothers Against Cars Driven by Drunk Drivers, or Mothers Against Places that serve or sell Alcohol to Drivers.

That's true.

obama continues to sink to new levels of low. just when you think he has found the bottom of the barrel he goes deeper. i can not believe the lengths this clown will go to to force an agenda. talk about nero fiddling while rome burns. Jobs, the economy, the debt, imigration, foreclosures, the infrastructure. this guy dedicates more time to non issues than any president before him.

MADD is also not banning automobiles.

or requiring background checks to buy a car. or sell one

Are you people THAT retarded? SO, with no background checks, ANYONE could legally buy a gun. Is THAT what you morons are fighting for? I know the gun manufacturers want no restrictions on gun sale$$$. But you folks are really ignorant.

Are you people THAT retarded? SO, with no background checks, ANYONE could legally buy a gun. Is THAT what you morons are fighting for? I know the gun manufacturers want no restrictions on gun sale$$$. But you folks are really ignorant.

so if background checks are really going to work and ensure only safe people own guns, put your money where your mouth is and change the proposal to read any one who passes the background check can own a weapon unrestricted. safe is safe right? why limit what they can own? until you are willing to do that this is nothing more than one more step towards a gun grab. we are done being burned by libs who keep trying to move the line in the sand

They have the right to make their demands, but their demands don't stand up in face of the Constitution. This would be the same as the parent of child who was killed by a drunk driver demanding cars and alcohol be banned.

Are they demanding that guns be banned?

so if background checks are really going to work and ensure only safe people own guns, put your money where your mouth is and change the proposal to read any one who passes the background check can own a weapon unrestricted. safe is safe right? why limit what they can own? until you are willing to do that this is nothing more than one more step towards a gun grab. we are done being burned by libs who keep trying to move the line in the sand

That is pretty much what exists now. What a deal...:eek:

They have the right to make their demands, but their demands don't stand up in face of the Constitution. This would be the same as the parent of child who was killed by a drunk driver demanding cars and alcohol be banned.

Are they demanding that guns be banned?
That, among other things - yes.

Some of these parents are undoubtedly in a state of depression, and Obama uses them to promote his new gun legislation…. Obama is scum:evil:

Mother Of Slain Newtown Boy Gives White House Weekly Address

C92F5FD4-6E13-4896-B2A1-1ECB66523E58_w268_r1_cx0_cy4_cw0.jpg

WHITE HOUSE — President Barack Obama has called on the mother of one of the children massacred inside a Connecticut school in December to deliver his Saturday radio and Internet address. The White House is using an emotional appeal to seek public support for gun control legislation.

With her husband David at her side, Francine Wheeler talked about her six-year-old son, Ben, as only a mother can. “Ben’s love of fun and his excitement at the wonders of life were unmatched. His boundless energy kept him running across the soccer field long after the game was over. And he could not wait to get to school every morning," she said.

Mother Of Slain Newtown Boy Gives White House Weekly Address

It's called the Appeal to Emotion logical fallacy. See how often you can find it being used by any politician. Make it a drinking game.

Now, excuse me, but I have to torture this terrorist or we might have another 9/11...

SO, the Constitution says felons, murderers, wife beaters and the mentally ill have a right to own lethal weapon?

And going after law abiding citizen's guns fixes that how exactly?

Tell me Einstein, HOW do we identify law abiding citizens from non law abiding citizens?

Universal background checks for one. That way, you could find people who were felons (not allowed to have guns), or people with violent crimes on their rap sheets.

Yanno..............people got along perfectly fine without assault rifles, all the way up until 2005 when the Assault Weapons ban was allowed to expire.

That is pretty much what exists now. What a deal...:eek:

really? try buying a gun with both a pistol grip and a bayonet lug

Forum List

Back